Rihanna For Glamour US December 2009

It couldn’t have been easy for Rihanna to live her last few months in the spotlight, but it appears that she is stronger, happier and determined to give out a positive message to her young fans looking up to her.

The singer appears on the December 2009 issue of Glamour US magazine looking fabulous wearing a Balmain leopard print sequin mini.

Next Monday the magazine will honor Rihanna at the annual “Glamour Woman of the Year” gala awards ceremony. I’m sure, like me, you are anticipating what she will wear on the red carpet.

Rihanna joins 11 other inspiring Women of the Year winners who are all featured in the magazine, which goes on sale November 10.

Here are some extracts from her interview with Laurie Sandell.

On the ordeal with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown: “I went to sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media chaos that happened the next day.”

On her message to young women: “My story was broadcast all over the world for people to see, and they have followed every step of my recovery. The
positive thing that has come out of my situation is that people can learn from that. I want to give as much insight as I can to young women, because I
feel like I represent a voice that really isn’t heard. Now I can help speak for those women.”

On her personal growth over the past year: “I am stronger, wiser and more aware. You don’t realize how much your decisions affect people you don’t
even know, like fans.”

On her new album: “I’ve put everything I’ve wanted to say for the past eight months into my music. [My new album] is super fearless-which is exactly how I feel right now. I am in a really good place.”

You can read the full interview at here.

Photo Credit: Matthias Vriens-McGrath for GLAMOUR

"2012" LA Premiere

“2012” LA Premiere

Demi Moore Was The First To Wear Jimmy Choo For H&M

Demi Moore Was The First To Wear Jimmy Choo For H&M

7 Responses to Rihanna For Glamour US December 2009

1. Greta November 4, 2009 at 16:39 #

Woman of the year ? why ? for walking around,in New York ? showing her tits and ass in Paris? what a shame Glamour !

• renyV November 4, 2009 at 17:24 #

I was wondering the same thing. So overrated.

2. justme November 4, 2009 at 17:24 #

People seem to forget that she actually went back with Chris after he hit her. That’s the positive message Glamour is talking about? *blank stare*

I have to agree with Greta. What exactly did Rihanna do to be awarded woman of the year? Her life, her choices but please, don’t make her into some kind of role model because she really isn’t.

3. robbie November 4, 2009 at 19:03 #

im sorry i know chris beat her up but woman of the year, bullsh*t thousands of woman get beat up. she took him back because she loved him, how exactly is that being a good role model, it seems more like a slap in the face to the women who get abused by their husbands/boyfriends everyday.

if it wasnt for the chris brown thing she shouldnt even be getting this “honor”

4. Matt November 4, 2009 at 19:26 #

Chris hit her she stayed quiet about it, even in her upcoming interview, she didn’t say much, while I’m not faulting her for handling it the way she did, she certainly isn’t woman of the year because of that. Beautiful cover, that hair needs to go.

5. Yan November 5, 2009 at 11:16 #

I don’t know what you girls think about this. Rihanna is sort of, well, boring, for me. -her looks and her story.

6. Lala/S-R November 5, 2009 at 23:42 #

I love the dress!!! Too much going on on her hands though. Then again, it’s Rihanna. Guess it’s a part of being her INNATE “edgy” self. *smirks
    I definately don’t buy her faux reactions for record sales though. Why now? Why not a couple of months from now? Why not AFTERRR the release of her album? I’m definately not a fan of her compost music, so I still won’t be buying! But I love the dress on her!!!
    The honour of being “Woman of the Year” doesn’t seem the least bit deserved. What are they taking into account? She survived a beating, which is GREAT. But I just don’t understand…HMM, maybe I should read between the lines.