Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Kate Winslet or Mariah Carey

Kate Winslet would easily be in my Top 10 of Best Dressed Women on the red carpet.

The British actress walked the red carpet at the 2009 BAFTA Awards were she was later awarded Best Leading Actress.

She looked stunning wearing a black halter neck Zac Posen Resort 2008 mermaid gown which emphasized her enviable curves.

She kept her look simple but no less glamorous with a soft up ‘do and long diamond earrings.

Mariah Carey shocked me by looking equally glamourous wearing the same dress when she walked the red carpet at the “Precious” LA Screening.

Mariah was definitely on fire as she went for a classic Hollywood look, opposed to wearing a dress that was 2 sizes too small for her.

For her MASSIVE improvement and because I don’t think I ever be able to vote for her again in this type of poll, I will give the win to Mariah.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To The Sex And The City 2 Morocco Set - Cynthia Nixon In Hermes

Runway To The Sex And The City 2 Morocco Set – Cynthia Nixon In Hermes

Katherine Jenkins Wears Designer & High Street Brands To Promote Her New Album "Believe"

Katherine Jenkins Wears Designer & High Street Brands To Promote Her New Album “Believe”

11 Responses to Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Kate Winslet or Mariah Carey

1. mol November 3, 2009 at 08:16 #

Without any qualifiers, I give the win the Mariah.

2. Jen November 3, 2009 at 08:26 #

Even though Mariah looks great, Kate looks better. I much prefer her pulled-back hair and selection of jewelry… and the fact that Kate is hands-down fabulous.

3. nicole November 3, 2009 at 08:38 #

agree!! i looked very hard at mariah and theres just something different from her run of the mill tight skimpy black dress with cleavage as far as the eye can see and its definitely the good fit of the dress plus the hair and make up and the bling is toned down

4. Leelah November 3, 2009 at 09:34 #

I voted for Mariah, to be honest she barely ever looks classy so had to vote for her.
    And also I think the top part looks better on her

5. Jennifer November 3, 2009 at 10:19 #

While it’s true that for the most part Mariah does look fabulous, if you look at side angles of her at the premier, the dress is very tight around the midsection which… looks as though she needed spanx or something along those lines.

And while I understand the reasoning of supporting Mariah, the first time I saw Kate in this dress, my jaw dropped, and I am still stunned by her, so she gets the win for me.

• lici_u November 3, 2009 at 11:42 #

Yes, Jennifer, you`re right. This dress looks more elegant on Kate, what reflects more the charakter of the dress. So, despite all sympathy for Mariah, of course Kate wins for me.

6. robbie November 3, 2009 at 17:43 #

my vote goes to kate, kate looks like she picked it because it was beautiful and elegant but a little sexy. mariah looks like she picked it because i showed of her body.

• Ahot November 4, 2009 at 08:02 #

so what is wrong with that? i think people will never give it to Mariah even if the other person was looking very bad. so come on guys just let be a little bit fair humm?
      mermaid dresses ARE made to emphasize one´s body, and she gets it right here.
      i even give it to beyoncé when she looks gorgeous in one of those dresses( and i can´t STAND her)

7. Amanda November 3, 2009 at 18:48 #

They both look fabulous- it’s hard to choose a winner for this one. I’d prefer to give the win to BOTH of them over the model in the dress, who simply doesn’t have the curves that make this look so special on both Kate and Mariah.

8. Sara November 3, 2009 at 21:36 #

Mariah ! This dress fits better sb who has bigger bust.

9. Lala/S-R November 5, 2009 at 23:52 #

KATE!
    She looks way more graceful. Mariah manages to make everything look skanky. Eevn this beautiful gown.