Runway To The ACE Awards – Lady GaGa In Marc Jacobs

Someone needs to tell Lady GaGa that Halloween was on Saturday night.

But seriously no one is surprised by this look, as the shock factor has totally disappeared when it comes to Lady GaGa.

It would be more of a shock to see her wearing pants.

The singer arrived at the “ACE Awards” to collect the “Stylemaker Award” which honoured her commitment to accessorising.

She was wearing a Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 ensemble which included a pink bra over a black shirt, plus double layered panties and fish-net nude tights.

GaGa’s sported a blonde afro like the models on the runway, which gets me thinking that it wouldn’t be a surprise if GaGa was Marc Jacobs’ Spring 2010 campaign girl.

The look I get, but what’s up with the talcum powder?

To complete the look GaGa opted for a pair of John Galliano Spring 2010 platforms with a stack of gobstoppers for a heel.

Crazy or Genius?

[nggallery id=222]

Credit: Style.com, Zimbio  & Wireimage

Runway To "The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus" LA Premiere - Lily Cole in Marchesa

Runway To “The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus” LA Premiere – Lily Cole in Marchesa

Jimmy Choo For H&M Collection Party

Jimmy Choo For H&M Collection Party

27 Responses to Runway To The ACE Awards – Lady GaGa In Marc Jacobs

1. Leo November 3, 2009 at 13:28 #

Her face looks a bit different under the veil, for a second, I tought it wasn’t her. One of the good things about being Gaga is that she could send someone dressed as her and people would not notice probably. With all the things asking for attention.

To me it seems so staged and pretensious that I just can’t stand it. It’s so little girl playing ‘sci-fi creature alien ghost’, she just has a better budget and more connections in the fashion world to make her costumes.

• ella November 3, 2009 at 14:05 #

good point.could be someone else…anything for attention..

• r1ma November 3, 2009 at 14:22 #

SHE’S ADMITTED TO BEING A FAME MONSTER, OKAY?

SHE ADMITS SHE HAS A PROBLEM AND SHE IS WORKING ON IT!

HATERS FALL BACK

2. r1ma November 3, 2009 at 14:14 #

to me the look evokes some Rei Kawakubo- Comme des Garcon

which i find to be an appropriate homage

but wow, she is just grabbing all those off the runway samples

3. ace November 3, 2009 at 14:31 #

one word. Joke.

4. mol November 3, 2009 at 14:56 #

I think she sees her dressing as an art form and that’s why fashion designers like Marc Jacobs like her…..it feels like she has been looking at Cindy Sherman photographs here. It’s all fine for me, and I think calling her an attention getting hound is simplistic – she’s looking at a lot of things, artists, designers, etc. and being influenced by them, playing with their aesthetic and being creative. To judge her by more acceptable fashion standards seems pointless!

5. Rama Dimas November 3, 2009 at 15:04 #

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jess November 3, 2009 at 15:04 #

I love it. Even if its wildly inappropriate, and some people will never ‘get it’, ultimately she has fun dressing up….and there’s no harm in that.

7. Ally November 3, 2009 at 15:57 #

I get it, she is Lady Gaga and her whole point is to shock people by what she is wearing. But what is up with the baby powder? Did she get attacked by PETA for stealing some poor bunny’s tail for her hair?

8. T November 3, 2009 at 16:04 #

I’m all for avant garde dressing, but she doesn’t even do it well and I hate it when people say that just because you don’t like her or her style (if you can call it that) that you simply “don’t get her”. It’s blatantly obvious she dresses primarily for other people, take away all the ridiculous costumes and attention seeking behavior and she is mediocrity personified. I like the shoes though.

• justme November 3, 2009 at 16:50 #

What you said except that I don’t even like the shoes lol.
      I enjoy some of her songs but her style leaves me with a blank stare.

9. lstp0136 November 3, 2009 at 16:25 #

the look is crazy, and not in a good way.
    but i do love those galliano shoes..

10. robbie November 3, 2009 at 17:41 #

put some f*cking clothes on you cheap skank! i really can not wait for the day that this attention wh*re goes away and never comes back.

11. Alicia November 3, 2009 at 18:05 #

I wonder if it’s uncomfortable to have the ankle strap tucked in like that.

12. sake breath November 3, 2009 at 18:05 #

Just because you have the big box of crayons doesn’t mean that you need to use all 64 colors on the same picture.

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2009 at 18:08 #

Love it…LMAO

13. Gidget Bananas November 3, 2009 at 19:18 #

I really like her tights — any idea who makes them?

14. Bego November 3, 2009 at 19:54 #

SHE SCARES MEEEEEEE

15. Matt November 3, 2009 at 20:08 #

I don’t know where to start, she’s sooo off the map I don’t know if I should consider her for best dressed or worst dressed.

16. Elisha November 3, 2009 at 23:12 #

Of course it’s genius! Gaga is creating an image and quickly establishing herself as a brand… and with no doubt- successfully.

x

17. antoneLLina November 4, 2009 at 08:48 #

crazy. just crazy. for the first time i say that gaga exaggerated and not in her best way. sorry gaga!

18. jared November 4, 2009 at 09:12 #

I think SHE is genius. To get people questioning and admitting to both genius and absolute horror is perfection in my opinion. She plays with people’s preconceptions and notions about fashion and pushes those buttons. I think it’s part of what makes her so interesting and so appealing to designers. You never know if it’s bad or amazing, and I think that’s part of her appeal.

19. Gaber November 4, 2009 at 09:33 #

The headshot is probably my favourite picture of her I have ever seen.
    Your eyes focus on the face despite all the crazy that is going on.
    Stunning!

20. Terry November 4, 2009 at 10:06 #

I don’t know the point in using talcum powder here, but I actually like the final result, as if she were a ragged doll covered with dust.

21. Carmen November 4, 2009 at 10:49 #

The only redeeming quality of this outfit is that her face is covered… THANK GOODNESS!
    Let’s face it… She’s fugly.

22. Sebastian November 4, 2009 at 15:44 #

I think she looks AMAZING. As someone said, and I share that thought, she probably sees fashion as a form of art. BTW the afros were not at Marc Jacobs, those were at LV.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2009 at 16:20 #

of course you are right about the afros.