02.11.09 X Factor

Runway To X Factor Week 4 – Cheryl Cole In David Koma

On Saturday night on the X Factor it was Rock week.

I half expected Cheryl Cole to come out wearing a rock chick-inspired Balmain look, but she surprised everyone by wearing a black David Koma Fall 2009 mini dress with Tabitha Simmons Carla suede thigh-high boots.

Her halter neck keyhole dress had an interesting bodice detail of silver tone tubes.

The dress was an interest bold choice, and totally different from what we have seen on the Atelier Versace loving X Factor judge.

I wasn’t crazy about the look, but I didn’t hate it.

I would’ve dislike her look if her hair wasn’t pulled back. The bouffant wouldn’t have worked with this look.

Georgian born designer David Koma graduated in 2009 with distinction in MA Fashion from Central Saint Martins.

David’s pieces are sold exclusively online at Browns Fashion.

After Saturday’s show the press heavily criticized Cheryl’s David Koma dress, saying it looked like a pair of alloy wheels or dustbin lids.

This criticism may have been the reason why Cheryl toned down her look on Sunday night.

She still managed sparkle with her gorgeous smile and gold sequined Les Chiffoniers pants, which she wore with an asymmetrical black slashed top.

Slashed tops was one of the major trends of Spring 2010 fashion week.

She accessorized with a gold peep-toes, a selection of bracelets and a poppy.

Credit: Coutorture & Rex Features

In Rachel Adedeji's Closet - Lipsy London Strapless Dress

In Rachel Adedeji’s Closet – Lipsy London Strapless Dress

Dannii Minogue Wears J'Aton Couture On Week 4 Of The X Factor

Dannii Minogue Wears J’Aton Couture On Week 4 Of The X Factor

14 Responses to Runway To X Factor Week 4 – Cheryl Cole In David Koma

1. lan November 2, 2009 at 08:59 #

its always interesting to see what cheryl wears.
    i didnt mind the dress too much, though i think if she were to not have worn boots it would have looked ten times better.

2. Cleopatra November 2, 2009 at 09:15 #

FC ive read alot of articles lately on the over the thigh boots, how do you feel about them and which brands do you think make the nicest ones, im coming to london on thursday and im determined to try a pair on!

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2009 at 10:27 #

I go back and forth with my opinion of them.

One minute I like them, the next I loathe them

I think Stella McCartney and Robert Cavalli have the best ones.

I have tried on a few from Topshop and Zara, but they don’t have the right elasticity to stay up on me

3. YSLGirl November 2, 2009 at 10:05 #

The second outfit kind of reminded me of Nina Ricci and the purple dress from the Fall 09 collection.

4. anu November 2, 2009 at 10:38 #

honestly.. i dont think the david koman dress suits cheryl’s personality. i get the feeling that she chose it to compete with dannii. id drool if kate moss wore that dress!

5. Sue Jin November 2, 2009 at 10:51 #

Just curious.. but what does the flower pin mean?

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2009 at 11:06 #

The Poppy is to show support for the Royal British Legion.

It’s the UK leading charity providing financial, social and emotional support to millions who have served or who are currently serving in the British Armed Forces, and their dependants.

• Sue Jin November 3, 2009 at 00:00 #

OH, I see!! Well, I learned something new today! =) Who knew a simple pin could mean so much!

Thanks Catherine<3

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2009 at 10:11 #

you’ve welcome

6. Marvel November 2, 2009 at 15:35 #

I really liked the dress. It was intresting and funky. It did look like she ran into a clock shop naked but it was very intresting to watch, especially the bit when Simon said not to lean to forward.

Oh and I love what you said about SImon. Olly was his own contestant and he got him confuse.

• mm November 2, 2009 at 16:15 #

“ran into a clock shop naked” LMAO!

7. robbie November 2, 2009 at 16:58 #

oh god both outfits are hideous! but that first outfit is hooker chic!

8. alex November 2, 2009 at 23:16 #

I do really like Koma’s dress, can´t really understand the fuss about it, she’s been wearing statement dresses for a while and for me this is just another one (which I wouldn’t mind having in my closet XD)

9. Jesse November 3, 2009 at 14:41 #

Somebody actually said ‘What were you thinking?’ to Cheryl for wearing that dress on Xtra Factor. I t was really funny, she was clearly irritated but brushed it off saying ‘it’s just a dress’. I like that about her.

I agree that it doesn’t suit her personality. Atleast she’s experimenting though.