Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Rihanna or Lara Bingle

Rihanna opted for an edgy Louis Vuitton ensemble when she attended the “3rd Annual DKMS Gala” back in May.

The look included a raspberry tulip skirt, a metallic top, chunky Daisy choker, black knee-high Cancan boots, a red clutch and a spiky ring.

As you can see from the runway picture below she copied the whole look.

Australian model Lara Bingle yesterday arrived at the first anniversary party of the “Louis Vuitton Collins Street” in Melbourne, Australia.

She didn’t work the head-to-toe runway look, instead she added green suede pumps and a black Louis Vuitton Minaudiere clutch.

Firstly, I don’t like Lara choice of shoes. They are a bit safe for such a look.

Secondly, Lara is wearing such an interesting bold metallic top so I would have preferred her to pull her hair back to show it off.

Thirdly, this look suits Rihanna’s edgier style better, so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Courage In Journalism Awards - Diane Kruger In J.Mendel

Runway To Courage In Journalism Awards – Diane Kruger In J.Mendel

Alexa Chung For V Magazine #62

Alexa Chung For V Magazine #62

11 Responses to Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Rihanna or Lara Bingle

1. the cat October 30, 2009 at 07:43 #

totally unrelated, but do you know prabal gurung links you up on his twitter page? how awesome is that!

• Fashion Critic October 30, 2009 at 07:57 #

Yes I saw it yesterday, I was so happy.

:D

2. Greta October 30, 2009 at 12:01 #

Seriously, I do not think Rihanna is THAT edgy…anyway
    I am so happy for you Fashion :)
    How cool is that !

3. Ally October 30, 2009 at 12:06 #

Wow, that is too cool about Prabal Gurung :).

I really like the skirt on this look, but I prefer it the way Kerry Washington wore it: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/09/03/who-wore-louis-vuitton-better-rihanna-or-kerry-washington/

Rhianna went way overboard by making even her hair match the runway look. And that scary spikey ring. And Laura Bingle looks like she just rolled out of bed and threw it on.

4. Sarah October 30, 2009 at 13:40 #

I really hate that Rihanna copied the look right down to the hair, plus as is always the case, she looks like she’s trying too hard and that just looks uncomfortable to me. Lara’s not a knockout here, but she does look confident and put together (minus the hair). I actually don’t mind the shoe choice.

5. justme October 30, 2009 at 15:04 #

I actually a look that out there can only benefit from normal shoes lol. I just don’t understand why they had to be green and that hair OMG NO.

• justme October 30, 2009 at 15:05 #

*actually think

6. Lala/S-R October 31, 2009 at 01:12 #

I think you meant to say, “…Rihanna’s FAUX edgy style”, FC. LOL But, she wins ’cause I like her make-up!! But, if we were going for originality Lara deserves the win. Rihanna took the look straight from the runway.

• Fashion Critic October 31, 2009 at 08:31 #

funny…and you are right

7. Itsmetimes2 November 2, 2009 at 22:36 #

Laura auto-wins for me b/c my pet peeve is ppl copying a look exactly as it was styled on the runway

8. Itsmetimes2 November 2, 2009 at 22:38 #

Laura auto-wins for me b/c my pet peeve is copying a look exactly as it was styled on the runway. It shows you lack taste, style, class, and imagination. The only thing you probably have in spades is access and/or money.

Plus, although I agree that Laura’s hair is not good, I actually quite like her shoe choice.