Social Events Of The Week

“In Bloom By Reese Witherspoon” Launch, New York

I was starting to believe L’Wren Scott was only made for Nicole Kidman and Kyra Sedgwick.

Reese Witherspoon has worn a lot of pretty dresses promoting Avon, and this dress continues that trend.

Wearing black pumps the actress wore a pretty hot pink L’Wren Scott black printed dress from the Spring 2010 collection.

It’s the perfect ‘ladies who lunch’ frock.

Cointreau Party, Brazil

Even though Dita von Teese’s Malandrino Fall 2009 metallic dress was presented in silver, the princess of goth of course opted for the black version.

She totally picked the right colour as this gown looks amazing on her.

I love the way it drapes on the hips.

Bruce Hoeksema Cocktail Party, New York

Gwyneth Paltrow is the first celebrity to wear a dress from the recently presented RM by Roland Mouret Spring 2010 collection.

She paired her navy and gold tiger print belted dress with a paired of the Christian Louboutin for Roland Mouret heels as shown on the runway.

As always she looks fabulous to me.  I know a few of you are very much over her.

Jimmy Choo Project Pep Launch Party, London

Tamara Mellon wouldn’t be caught out without her own accessories.

For the “Jimmy Choo Project Pep Launch” at Selfridges she modeled a Jimmy Choo Char Clutch and Jimmy Choo Pep Loop sandals, whilst looking stunning wearing a red Valentino dress accented with a bow on one side.

1st Annual Guggenheim Art Awards, New York

Kylie Minogue wore a nude coloured Calvin Klein Spring 2010 dress which looked stunning against her warm complexion.

Loving the soft make-up and matching accessories.

Julianne Moore appears to be a big fan of this Calvin Klein collection, as she has worn many pieces recently.

This time she opts for a simplistic grey dress, paired with black tights, black heels and a black clutch.

Switches On The Harrods Christmas Lights, London

Dannii Minogue has an J’Aton Couture obsession because she wore two dress by the design duo last weekend, and last night she donned another one of their creations to switch on the Harrods lights.

She looks so cute. I love the ruffled detail on the shoulder.

Music Unites Fall Masquerade Gala, New York

White was the colour of the night as Kerry Washington graced this event with her flawless beauty wearing a very girly Marchesa satin strapless dress with a structured tulle overlay and embroidered empire waist.

Her sassy dress was paired with a Marchesa clutch with a crystral clasp, which complemented her black peep-toes with a diamanté embellishment.

Georgina Chapman also opted for a white Marchesa dress, but her was completely made out of feathers.

The designer also wore a ring from her recently launch Garrard collection.

Credit: INFevents, Style.com & Wireimage

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

17 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Ricki October 30, 2009 at 18:40 #

Georgina is too pretty for all that make-up.

2. Jordan October 30, 2009 at 18:42 #

Reese and Dita are my faves

3. robbie October 30, 2009 at 19:04 #

reese, gorgeous dress but her hair always looks the same and no comment on her shoes.

dita, she looks perfect but i would have prefered her in the silver version.

gwyneth, she looks good but nothing special. valentino looks vile!

tamara, she looks great. love the shoes *drools*

kylie, OH MY FRICKIN GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is like she went back to 2002, she looks amazing the dress, the hair, the make-up, the clutch and the choos!!!!!!!!

julianne, so sick of seeing her constantly wear bloody tights!

dannii, who can blame her for having a j’aton couture obsession, their designs are fabulous. she looks amazing.

kerry, cute dress and she looks great.

georgina, such a cute dress and she ruins it by wearing those shoes.

4. mol October 30, 2009 at 19:10 #

I felt like Dita had become a former favorite of mine, until today – the dress is like a liquid column of perfection on her, and I love it! Kylie is my second choice in this group, she really looks like elegance personified.

I actually really like Julianne’s Calvin Klein dress, just not on her.

5. Ally October 30, 2009 at 19:16 #

Love Reese’s look. It is a perfect small pattern for her petite frame and such a pretty color.

6. Jennifer October 30, 2009 at 19:26 #

Reese doesn’t even look like she’s wearing makeup. Life is so clearly not fair on days like these…

7. Leo October 30, 2009 at 19:49 #

L’Wren Scott annoys me so much but this time I actually like that dress. Resse, au contraire of nicole kidman, does not make it look stiff, which is my biggest problem with miss scott’s designs. She looks lovely. I love how Resse goes from sexy to romantic.

Also, I love love love Kylie wearing nude, and I love love love even more her gorgeous clutch.

8. Naomi October 30, 2009 at 20:28 #

Dita looks amazing!
    I have to disagree on Kylie Minogue, though – This color makes her look a bit too washed out for me, and I don’t like the matching shoes.
    Her sister did a better job, IMO.

• molly October 30, 2009 at 23:31 #

I agree completely, and I’m surprised that people are raving. She looks beautifulfrom the neck up, but I don’t find this color working at all well against her complexion, and I really fail to see the charm of the dress in general. It does not flatter either the model or Kylie.

9. dressaddict October 30, 2009 at 21:03 #

isn’t that lame instead of lurex fabric in dita’s dress?
    And Kerry is my favourite of this post!

10. WendyB October 30, 2009 at 22:33 #

Loving the all-feather dress.

11. YSLGirl October 31, 2009 at 11:04 #

I personally think Gwyneth should’ve been up for Best Dressed of the Week, despite me hating head-to-toe runway looks.

Kerry Washington is just so blah. I will never get the love for her style. Horribly cutesy dress.

• Kim November 2, 2009 at 15:49 #

I thought it was just me. Don’t qiute get the rave over Kerry’s style.

12. Simone October 31, 2009 at 18:25 #

I love the feathers Marchesa gown but I’m not quite sure about Kerry Washington in that short bride-to-be minidress and the Tamara Mellon option: she looks so short! Or maybe is the pic…

13. GRACE November 1, 2009 at 12:12 #

I don’t like Georgina’s dress…. A little feathers is fine but all over makes her look like a chicken. Plus the hair looks very frizzy. Love the make-up, though!

14. b November 2, 2009 at 06:43 #

I love Gwyneth look too. I think she looks really great here.

And I’ll never get enough of her. She’ll always be my No.1 style icon.

15. Kim November 2, 2009 at 15:51 #

Gwyneth and Tamera looked great!

I’m still trying to figureout how I feel about Georgina although I already know WRONG SHOES and make-up!