Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Lily Allen or Eva Mendes

Back in December 2008 we got a first look at the new improved, grown up Lily Allen.

She sported shiny new hair extensions and she looked very sophisticated wearing a stunning teal chiffon fringed dress from the Alberta Ferretti Spring 2009 collection.

The singer was attending PR guru Matthew Freud’s Christmas with a stellar guest list including Guy Richie, Sir David Frost, Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber, David Furnish, Guy Ritchie and Jemima Khan.

During Venice Film Festival Eva Mendes was the guest of honour at the “Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” Party which was hosted by designer Alberta Ferretti.

Eva wore the same fringed dress with nude peep-toes.

As sexy as Eva looks, I loved Lily transformation and I think it’s the best she has ever looked so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Rock the Kasbah Gala

Rock the Kasbah Gala

2009 Telva Magazine Fashion Awards

2009 Telva Magazine Fashion Awards

7 Responses to Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Lily Allen or Eva Mendes

1. justme October 28, 2009 at 08:51 #

I think the dress isn’t that great to begin with. But I like Lily’s hair and shoes better. And I loooovee the fact that I can’t see her nipples so she wins.

2. Lizzie October 28, 2009 at 09:59 #

I agree it’s not a brilliant dress, but I am disappointed not to be able to give this to Eva, as she is one of my fave fashion icons! But Lilly does look better in this, this time.

3. lici-u October 28, 2009 at 11:56 #

Sorry to say, but it`s a horrible dress and I`m sure everyone of us has seen both of them look by far better than this, so none of them wins for me.

4. Ally October 28, 2009 at 11:57 #

Have to give the win to the person who realized that the dress might become sheer when attacked by flash bulbs, so Lily wins it :-P.

5. Kim October 28, 2009 at 13:47 #

I agree that it’s not the most amazing dress and while Eva wins for me, they BOTH look better in it than the runway model which is surprising.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 14:02 #

very good point

6. doc October 28, 2009 at 22:26 #

I’d have to give to Lily Allen. Eva looks haggard in the face and the dress looks like a big curtain or old granny grump night gown that she threw on. And then it has this weird bunching thing going on the side. And her teetaa’s are flashing through. You can get away with that in a magazine spread, (like she did in her recent Marie Claire spread) but it’s tacky on the red carpet.