“This Is It” LA Premiere

It was a windy and rainy night in LA yesterday, but the Queen of the wind machine didn’t have a problem.

Jennifer Lopez looks stunning as ever wearing black Herve Leger beaded bandage dress paired with the same Herve Leger slouchy boots with a chain detail from the runway and a large black clutch.

Paula Abdul didn’t get the ‘wear black memo’, as she proudly walked the red carpet wearing a cobalt blue Temperley London Spring 2009 strapless Grecian dress with a embellished bodice.

Her dress was paired with pink Louboutin’s and a silver clutch.

I make that 2 for 2 for Paula, she’s having an amazing week despite the slightly squashed twins.

Vivica A Fox opted for a one-shouldered Balmain LBD with a silver panel, paired with Balenciaga Fall 2008 which celebrities fell in love with a year ago.

Paris Hilton channeled her inner Liz Hurley and brought a bit of fun to this red carpet by arriving wearing vintage Gianni Versace safety pin dress.

It’s not like Paris to cover up her legs, but like I said before it was a cold night in LA so she paired her dress with black tights and black Louboutin ankle boots.

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Comedian Jamie Kennedy arrived wearing jeans and Michael Jackson tees.

Ashley Tisdale paired a gold studded skirt with a Michael Jackson tee and Louboutin ankle boots.

Monique Coleman looked very grown up wearing a black leather Kova & T bustier dress paired with studded sandals.

I love her hair here.

Katy Perry arrived wearing a vintage Christian Lacroix gown which felt a bit OTT for this event considering some came in graphic tees.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Abigail Clancy's Closet - Ashish One Sleeved Silver Sequin Dress

In Abigail Clancy’s Closet – Ashish One Sleeved Silver Sequin Dress

In Monique Coleman's Closet - Kova & T Lila Black Strapless Dress

In Monique Coleman’s Closet – Kova & T Lila Black Strapless Dress

24 Responses to “This Is It” LA Premiere

1. Vera October 28, 2009 at 12:03 #

Monique Coleman’s dress is Dasha Zhukova’s KOVA&T

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 12:27 #

thanks a lot Vera

• Vera October 28, 2009 at 12:44 #

always welcome)

2. Ally October 28, 2009 at 12:06 #

Wow, J-Lo knocked this one out of the park.

3. Kim October 28, 2009 at 13:38 #

I can’t figured out what is going on with JLo’s hair. I HATE IT. Vivica looks good. Op top of Katie being overdressed, what’s up with the way the top of the dress fits her. It looks like it’s sagging.

4. Kim October 28, 2009 at 13:39 #

And Monique’s hair is too cute!

5. mm October 28, 2009 at 14:02 #

Vivica Fox is the stunner of this event for me. Love Katie perry’s hair and make up but her look doesnt go with the dress, also the dress looks ill fitted.

6. robbie October 28, 2009 at 15:30 #

jennifer, boring black herve leger dress, ugly black boots and a hideous black clutch. *yawn*

paula, she looks great and thank god she didnt wear black.

vivica, another person to make the balmain dresses looks cheap and tacky.

jennifer, sorry but i know they are michael jackson tees but *gags* t-shirts wore to a premier, especially annoying printed tees.

ashley, another one to wear an annoying michael jackson printed tee.

monique, its quite nice but im not wowed.

katy, im still shocked some talentless bint like her can afford vintage lacroix dresses and couture dresses.

7. Lizzie October 28, 2009 at 15:39 #

“Queen of the Wind Machine” – I nearly calved laughing!!!

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 15:59 #

;)

remember in her J Lo days in every video she had a wind machine.

8. justme October 28, 2009 at 16:10 #

I’m glad Katy wore that Lacroix dress. People were killing me with the casual jeans and tees. It’s a movie premiere, people o.O

9. Leo October 28, 2009 at 16:18 #

Is it just me or does it feel weird to have a premiere for this with a big red carpet and all? A screening maybe, something more subdue, ok, but not like this.

Taking this in consideration, that makes Katy Perry even more OTT for me, it’s just not right for the event to go so out there.

Well, for once Paula Abdul doesn’t look like a clown, but that dress is a bit too young for her. She should trade it with Miley, that wears some stuff that would be good for Paula and that is just perfect for Miley.

I do like J.Lo, it’s ver much her urban diva style. She even made me like a Hervé Léger dress.

But the best look here is Ashley Tisdale’s. She made her homage look cool.

10. Greta October 28, 2009 at 16:52 #

MJ ROCKS ! I love him ; nuff said.

11. stilettolover91 October 28, 2009 at 17:20 #

Ashley & JLO both look super HOT!!! Why didnt you post about Roselyn Sanchez, Julianne Hough, or Jilliane Murray?

• GREG October 29, 2009 at 06:10 #

yeah! Where are all of the jillian murray pictures???

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2009 at 06:27 #

Please be respectful of the fact that pictures cost money

12. mol October 28, 2009 at 17:23 #

Katy’s dress may not fit perfectly, and it may not be the right look for this event, but i love the details on it, an ephemeral, romantic goth-ish look….too bad she didn’t save it and work on the fitting a bit more – gorg nonetheless.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 17:29 #

It does have a gothic vibe to it.

Would have been so perfect at the right event.

13. LizMelendreras/Stylist October 28, 2009 at 17:27 #

Of course, Ms. JenniferLopez looked amazing, wind and all!
    Vivica Fox, must you wear tight dresses all the time?
    Love Love Love the boots JLH wore, are those YSL?
    Katy Perry looks gorgeous =) Loving the hair, makeup, and dress. Glad she went for that look!
    Also so glad not to see KimK at this event, such a photo op for her.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 17:28 #

you are so right about KimK, I would have expected her to have been at this event. So up her street as you say.

14. Rebel October 28, 2009 at 22:13 #

J.Lo looks beautiful… She never disappoints me.
    Katy looks nice but the dress is overpowering her.
    I’m not feeling Paula’s look.

15. Eugenia October 29, 2009 at 05:48 #

Love J.Lo’s dress but it would have been way better without the boots..

16. Nitasha October 29, 2009 at 07:39 #

I love how every person here just chose to ignore commenting on Paris Hilton :) . I might regret this tomorrow, but she looks quite lovely here. The dress is trashy, but fun and her hair and face look quite lovely.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2009 at 08:46 #