Social Events Of The Week

2009 Child Protection Agency’s Gala, New York

Susan Lucci is one of those freaks of nature like Iman and Demi Moore who become more beautiful as they get older.

The Queen of Daytime looked exquisite walking the red carpet at this event wearing a scarlet satin Marchesa Fall 2009 strapless dress with satin bow on the hip.

You may remember that Georgina Chapman wore this same dress a few weeks ago.

The actress paired her dress with a red clutch and silver shoes.

I would have loved her to have gone matchy matchy on this look, as I’m not so crazy about her choice of silver heels.

Fulfillment Fund’s Annual STARS 2009 Benefit Gala, LA

Leslie Mann looked sensational wearing a yellow Jason Wu Resort 2010 peplum butterfly-knot shift dress paired with Sergio Rossi heels.

The beaded detail is beautiful.

Leslie always has fun with fashion.

Hollywood Media Honors, New York

Marisa Tomei is always so elegant on the red carpet.

For this event she wore a black fringed Alberta Ferretti Spring 2009 dress.

She kept her look regal with a pair of elegant black peep-toes and a silver VBH clutch.

AFI Awards 2009 Nominations, Sydney

Jessica Marais walked the red carpet wearing a Burberry Prorsum tulip dress.

I love the pretzel braided detail on the bodice, and I would have also loved it if Jessica’s dress was short like the runway.

20th Annual Friendly House Luncheon, LA

Amber Valletta wore a blue, black and white silk Etro wrap gown, whilst carrying a gold metallic fringed Etro clutch.

Love the dress, jealous of the lack of make-up.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

In Jennifer Lopez' Closet - Herve Leger Black Bandage Dress

In Jennifer Lopez’ Closet – Herve Leger Black Bandage Dress

15 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Jules O'C October 28, 2009 at 20:09 #

Leslie Mann looks almost perfect! so fresh
    but it seems that I can’t overcome that her hair color looks odd next to that shade of yellow – plus I think the shoes are boring
    this outfit has so much more potential
    *lesigh*

2. justme October 28, 2009 at 21:09 #

Leslie’s dress is so beautiful. I agree with Jules, the shoes are a little meh but she still looks great.

3. YSLGirl October 28, 2009 at 21:40 #

I’m actually glad Susan didn’t go for the matchy-matchy look. I really hate the whole matchy-matchy look with most colours, but red especially. It just bothers me for a reason. The only two colours I ever find being matchy matchy acceptable are black (duh) and nude! I don’t mind the tan or metallic colour, either.

I love Jessica’s dress, but I agree, I prefer it shorter.

4. marky October 28, 2009 at 22:38 #

everyone looks great, like everyone else, particularly lovin leslie mann… wish jessica marais had shortened the skirt like you said, and perhaps worn a belt too. not necessarily the runway belt but whatever.

susan lucci is a dead ringer for jane seymour! thought that who it was when i first saw the picture

5. Daneka October 28, 2009 at 22:42 #

Leslie Mann looks nice, I actually really like the details on that dress.

6. mol October 29, 2009 at 00:28 #

I feel like I’m on sensory overload after today’s offerings! Anyway, like others, i love Leslie Mann’s Jason Wu dress, especially the dense hive of black beading on the top and the way it breaks apart on the peplum. I do think she would have highlighted that more if she had worn her hair pulled back, as the model does, and also, the shoes suck. Still, a real treat to see this dress on the r. carpet.

I also loved the flapper style dress of Marisa Tomei, but too bad the photo of her kills the mosaic like details of the dress. It definitely is great that you include the runway photos F.C. as they always highlight these all important details.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2009 at 06:29 #

you are very welcome Mol :D

7. Miriam Marquez October 29, 2009 at 02:42 #

Susan Lucci dress is the same one that Leighton Meester is wearing for an up coming episode of Gossip Girl. It seems that they use Marchesa a lot.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2009 at 06:28 #

thanks for the information

8. sydneycheapchic October 29, 2009 at 09:55 #

Love love Leslie Mann’s dress!

9. Ally October 29, 2009 at 11:54 #

Leslie Mann looks adorable. Jason Wu had a good day!

10. Kim October 29, 2009 at 13:20 #

Marissa does look GREAT! I think this is a BDOTW look.

11. Raquel October 29, 2009 at 16:20 #

FC, I think you are wrong and Amber is wearing makeup. I can see blush, eyeliner, two shades of eyeshadow and some iridescent power. It’s the “I’m not wearing makeup” makeup look.

The only star who really goes bare on the red carpet is Kerry Washington,

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2009 at 16:50 #

well it’s great nude make-up

12. lucas October 29, 2009 at 23:29 #

Marisa is head to toe perfection! She is so chic and elegant, i hope she is up for BDOTW, because she looks flawless!