28.10.09

Georgina Chapman for Garrard Collection Launch

Georgina Chapman is the latest guest designer for Garrard.

She follows it-girl and jewelery designer Jade Jagger who departured from the company as Creative Director in 2007.

The designer looked stunning in an electric blue strapless Marchesa strapless dress with a gathered bodice which hasn’t appeared on the runway.  See she can diversify.

Exquisite earrings and a ring from her Garrard collection complete the look.

Helena Christensen will always be one of the most beautiful women on this planet. I love how she’s working this look.

The super wore a black Marchesa mini tank dress, which incorporates the white embroidery detail from a Marchesa Spring 2010 gown we saw presented recently.

Her look is paired with black pointy heels, a Marchesa Crocodile clutch and a black Marchesa short sleeved feathered coat.

Tyra Banks would say this look is ‘fieeerrrccceeee’.

Tinsley Mortimer paired her favourite YSL Folies sandals with an onyx Notte by Marchesa bubble hemmed dress with embroidered shoulder straps

Her silver fringed clutch is from her own Samantha Thavasa collection.

Tinsley was there to view the collection, but she was also filming her reality TV show.

Hopefully it’s more interesting and less predictable than “The City”.

Becki Newton kept her look simple but chic wearing a black Notte by Marchesa dress with gold chain trims, paired with a fantastic pair of woven strappy sandals.

Flawless make-up.

Mischa Barton looks amazing in this this black one shoulder Notte by Marchesa dress with chiffon overlay and embroidered waist detail, but the shoes don’t quite do it for me.

In this picture she is showing off a Gold and White diamond bird wraparound Gerrard ring.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Becki Newton's Closet - Notte by Marchesa Jersey V-Neck Dress

In Becki Newton’s Closet – Notte by Marchesa Jersey V-Neck Dress

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

11 Responses to Georgina Chapman for Garrard Collection Launch

1. Mallory October 28, 2009 at 20:14 #

I never noticed how much Helena Christensen and Mischa Barton look alike *skipping obvious comments as if I don’t have anything nice to say I shouldn’t say anything at all*. Helena is gorgeous.

I’d like to put in my vote for Georgina Chapman for BDOTW :)

2. Dana October 28, 2009 at 20:27 #

OHMIGOD, Becki Newton’s shoes! Droooool.

Any idea who they are, FC?

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 21:07 #

I hope I find them soon. I’ll let you know if I do

3. lena October 28, 2009 at 20:27 #

I may be going crazy but Georgina Chapman kind of looks like Juliette Binoche in the close-up,no?

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 21:08 #

LOL…I think you might be going crazy.

j/k I don’t see the resembalance

4. YSLGirl October 28, 2009 at 21:42 #

I think Helena’s modification is appropriate, but I would love to see the original on the red carpet. It’s quite stunning (and this is coming from somebody that doesn’t really care for Marchesa).

5. Daneka October 28, 2009 at 22:45 #

Georgina Chapman’s dress is beautiful. I really like her look.The colour and style of the dress is so perfect.

6. mol October 29, 2009 at 00:39 #

Georgina definitely looks electrifying, but Helena is really the star here for me – OMG, fierce is so right on!

Also, I just have to keep giving props to Becki Newton, she doesn’t always ‘pop’ right out, but she is always flawless in every detail….love her.

7. Pen Pen October 29, 2009 at 01:18 #

Mischa is so so so gorgeous when she looks healthy … that is def the one I adored back then :)

8. GRACE October 29, 2009 at 10:12 #

Maybe Mischa’s shoes were supposed to match her nail polish…? But you’re right, they don’t really look that nice.

However Mischa does look amazing!! She blew me away! I think it’s the make-up and hair. Is there another picture where we can see the waist detail a little more clearly?

• Flutterbang October 30, 2009 at 06:51 #

I was going to say the same thing about Mischa’s nail polish and shoes, you beat me to it :)