Who Wore Atelier Versace Better? Penelope Cruz or Cheryl Cole

Penelope Cruz became the first Spanish actress to win an Academy Award when she was handed a best supporting Oscar for her role in the Woody Allen comedy “Vicky Cristina Barcelona”.

After the ceremony – where she wore a very bridal vintage Balmain gown – she changed into a white asymmetrical Atelier Versace gown for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in LA.

Still clutching her Oscar she looked stunning, as she kept her look very simple by adding diamond earrings.

Cheryl Cole wore the same white gown on the X Factor on Saturday night.

I wanted to love Cheryl’s look, but I was very put off by her hairstyle so Penelope wins this one for me.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

In Fearne Cotton's Closet - Olivia Rubin Embroidered Tulip Peplum Dress

In Fearne Cotton’s Closet – Olivia Rubin Embroidered Tulip Peplum Dress

8 Responses to Who Wore Atelier Versace Better? Penelope Cruz or Cheryl Cole

1. robbie October 27, 2009 at 09:05 #

penelope wears it with class.

i sound like a broken record for all cheryl looks like is a barbie doll.

2. lici_u October 27, 2009 at 11:34 #

On Cheryl Cole it looks like a wedding dress specially with her hairstyle. But that was not the purpose, I guess. Penelope Cruz wins for me too, she wears it with cass, I agree.

3. anu October 27, 2009 at 13:18 #

even if cheryl had her normal ‘big’ hair, id give the vote to Penelope! she’s wayyy too stunning and looks like a goddess! and her height suits this dress more!

4. Leo October 27, 2009 at 13:34 #

It’s a bit lik competing with Iman, Penelope smahes her competition.

5. Paolino October 27, 2009 at 13:57 #

Alessia Marcuzzi wears the same dress on Big Brother Italy http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=2152196&i=25

6. sarah October 27, 2009 at 14:29 #

Wow I can’t believe the difference the same dress can look on two different women! Penelope wins it for me by a long shot, she looks like a Greek Goddess in this dress, simply stunning!

7. Rhys October 27, 2009 at 23:00 #

Has to be Penelope, if only for the fact that an Oscar makes the perfect accesory!

8. Jackie October 28, 2009 at 05:38 #

Cheryl Cole’s hair is nice here, but not with this gown. She makes it look tacky and I swear it’s the hair! She needs to do something with her forever voluminous ‘do! It doesn’t go with EVERYTHING! TACKY! That being said, Penelope owns.