27.10.09

Rock the Kasbah Gala

Kristin Cavallari is too evil to wear this cute white dress. j/k

It’s actually a very cute look for her, and she doesn’t usually do cute.

I have compared the dress to the Miu Miu Spring 2008 dress, but I’m not sure if Kristin’s dress is modified or just a very good copy.  I’m leaning towards the latter.

What do you think?

Daisy Fuentes snuggled up to the man who used to be on posters all over my bedroom as a kid – Matt Goss from Bros.

Remember them?

The beautiful actress looked flawless in a peacock Tadashi Shoji halter gown with gathered waist, whilst he looked good in a 3 piece suit.

Lindsay Price was my favourite on this red carpet, as she dazzled in a strapless red Valentino gown.

Talk about owning a look.

Gorgeous.

I really like Lindsay Lohan’s LBD.

It’s the most put together she’s looked in a long while, but she looks like she just woke up.

Estelle is still on top form.

I’m loving her navy satin asymmetrical mini dress which she pairs with glittering sandals and a stack of bracelets.

I’m gonna miss Paula Abdul on American Idol. Her crazy responses were the only thing that kept me watching.

I was surprised by how great she looked at this event wearing a peachy Herve Leger gown, with a jeweled bodice.

Sharon Stone looks to be slipping down the scary slope of animal prints with her reptile print gown.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before she cracked.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - dVb Jeans, Victoria Beckham Collection & Loewe

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – dVb Jeans, Victoria Beckham Collection & Loewe

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Lily Allen or Eva Mendes

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Lily Allen or Eva Mendes

23 Responses to Rock the Kasbah Gala

1. gapt October 27, 2009 at 22:43 #

a copy for sure! look at pictures of Daisy Lowe wearing the dress and it’s completly different. neckline is wrong and there is not grey stripe

so many places brought out copys like topshop and asos… looks cute on her though :)

• Philippa October 28, 2009 at 21:21 #

I totally agree with everybody els, i think it’s a copy, as said before, the neckline is totally wrong.
      Lindsay Price, really looks amazing, can’t get over it.

2. Hellwafashion October 27, 2009 at 22:46 #

Going 2 take a wild guess and most likely I’m wroing but is there a chance Kristin Cavallari is wearing topshop? They were doing some amazing copies a while back. If u think there’s a chance i’ll try & search for where a saw a pic of one similar before.

3. lena October 27, 2009 at 23:05 #

I think it’s a copy,but I can’t explain why.Something’s just off.

4. mm October 27, 2009 at 23:08 #

Estelle wins for me for this event. Sharon did crack, horrible dress LOL!! Lindsay Lohan looks dazed and confused, her hair is styled better at this event!

5. LovesShoes October 28, 2009 at 00:35 #

Even though rihanna is one of my least favourite celebrities, I can imagine how well she would rock that miu miu spring 2008 dress..

6. andrea October 28, 2009 at 00:45 #

I wish Kristin wore the miu miu version of that dress- SO CUTE! Would love to see that dress on leighton meester

7. mol October 28, 2009 at 00:52 #

Estelle wins by a country mile for me – Lindsay looks slightly better here than last week (her face not so much a dirty brown), perhaps a slow upward trend is taking place, dare we hope?

8. Sally October 28, 2009 at 01:33 #

I saw the original in the Miu Miu store in Milan and it was nothing like Kristin’s. Her’s loses the cuteness. It looks long, cheap, flat and sad.

9. AJoanna October 28, 2009 at 02:41 #

Yeah, Kristen’s dress looks like a copy, a decent copy, but still a copy.
    Lindsay looks … pitiful. She’s so young, but she looks so old and kind of miserable. I feel sorry for her. Classic example of Hollywood going wrong.
    Loving Lindsay Price’s look though. Way to rock a somewhat plain gown. On others this could be boring but she owns it.

10. Nat October 28, 2009 at 05:41 #

It is as if Paula Abdul and Sharon Stone traded dresses

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 07:26 #

such a good point.

11. FashionLover October 28, 2009 at 06:25 #

I say Paula Abdul for BDOFTW contention!
    This is the best she has looked in a long long time,and i mean a long long time…and the only time i like the whole look!
    I know she wont win but she should be acknowledged! :)

12. justme October 28, 2009 at 08:54 #

It’s a copy and a sad one imo :/ The Miu Miu’s skirt is just so fun.

13. nina October 28, 2009 at 09:19 #

OMG..FC, you bring me back in my childhood!!
    Matt Goss!!He was in my bedroom also..thank you for this “cookie” ;))

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 09:42 #

you’re welcome :)

14. Ahot October 28, 2009 at 09:21 #

Kristin: Definitely a copy. A very bad one.
    Sharon: she looks like a walking death. Scary…. .

15. LeeAnn October 28, 2009 at 09:21 #

OMG Sharon is finally aging

• molly October 28, 2009 at 10:07 #

I think part of this is due to an incredibly unflattering makeup job. The red eyeshadow, light eyeliner look probably added 10-15 years. She does look awful and really old, though, I agree. But she hasn’t looked like this in other recent red carpet photos.

• Ally October 28, 2009 at 12:02 #

I think you are right. She needs to find a new makeup/hair stylist STAT!

Paula looks great but I am not a fan of severe bangs, especially when they are in the person’s eyes.

Lindsay Price is so cute and she is definitely glowing in that gown.

16. LeeAnn October 28, 2009 at 10:15 #

The mumsy hair doesn’t help either

17. MN October 28, 2009 at 15:41 #

And why isn’t Lindsay wearing anything from her ” fabulous ” Emanuel Ungaro collection….. ;-P

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2009 at 15:57 #

Ha…I don’t think even she is that stupid