Runway To X Factor Week 3 – Cheryl Cole In Atelier Versace & Julien Macdonald

Before I get to fashion, Rachel Adedeji made a total fool of herself on Saturday night as she morphed into Stacey Solomon. I was so embarrassed for her and annoyed she wasn’t in the bottom two.

Back to fashion.

It was week 3 and Cheryl Cole wore her 3rd Atelier Versace look in a row.

This time she opted for a stunning Grecian style asymmetrical Atelier Versace Spring 2009 gown with a thigh-high split, which we’ve seen before on the red carpet.

The gown was stunning, but I wasn’t happy with the hair.

I understand that her stylist was going for a goddess look, but the part that dangled loosely just bothered me all night, plus the silver headpiece was a bit much with her big hair.

Had she simply pulled her hair back and let the gown do all the talking, I would’ve loved this look.

Once again I struggled to find Dannii Minogue’s gown, but I just had to feature her because she was DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS on Saturday night.

She wore a breath-taking antique silver embellished gown with exquisite Boucheron jewels and YSL heels whilst sporting old Hollywood marcel waves.

Definitely up for BDOTW.

On Sunday’s result show Cheryl wore a silver paillette Julien Macdonald Spring 2010 mini dress with nude panels and bold shoulders.

The silver paillette’s gave the dress a fish-scale type of look, which she paired with Rupert Sanderson Plato sling back peep-toes.

It was a bold choice for Cheryl, but it wasn’t my favourite look on her. It worked better on the runway.

I really hope she wears Look 32 as that was my favourite from Macdonald’s Spring 2010 collection.

Dannii blew me away again wearing a nude dress with a peplum on one hip, with a dripping effect of embellished details on her dress.

I have a feeling this one is by her favourite designer J’Aton Couture.

I hate pitting them against each other, but it was Dannii’s week.

Update: Dannii confirmed via Twitter that both of her looks are by J’Aton Couture.

Credit: Style.com & Rex Features

Emma Watson In Givenchy - Vogue Foundation Gala

Emma Watson In Givenchy – Vogue Foundation Gala

Oi Fashion Rocks Brazil

Oi Fashion Rocks Brazil

45 Responses to Runway To X Factor Week 3 – Cheryl Cole In Atelier Versace & Julien Macdonald

1. Mira October 26, 2009 at 09:14 #

Any ideas where Cheryl Cole’s Headband is from?

• Abi Blain September 26, 2010 at 17:07 #

the headband is jenny packham.
      from the bridal collection.

i love this dresss, so stunning the hair is gorgeous.

2. FelipeA October 26, 2009 at 09:25 #

what was she thinking with that Julien Macdonald dress? She had been doing so well, but then she goes as uses a dress to get attention? it sucks, like when she wore that Mcqueen ice skater look with the fringes

3. Pablo October 26, 2009 at 09:37 #

Wow! This season the judges are totally into fashion! Dannii does look great in both looks. Isn’t Cheryl’s Versace the same one Penelope wore to last year’s Oscar Party?

4. Daneka October 26, 2009 at 09:47 #

I Loved Cheryl’s first look on Saturday night in Versace.She looked beautiful, I liked the hair too.I wasn’t that impressed with her 2nd look & I agree that it worked better on the runway!

5. Daneka October 26, 2009 at 09:58 #

Ive heard the headband is from Cartier. I think its gorgeous.

6. robbie October 26, 2009 at 10:09 #

dannii as always just wow! she looks amazing. i wouldnt be surprised if both her looks were by j’aton couture.

7. robbie October 26, 2009 at 10:10 #

actually i just remembered, i am 99% sure that beaded dress dannii is wearing is by j’aton couture. i remember kylie wearing a dress with the same detail on it. so yeah both dresses are j’aton couture.

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 10:20 #

I wrote to the designer and asked for them to confirm, but I think you are right that they are both j’Aton Couture

8. Rebecca October 26, 2009 at 10:13 #

The Atelier Versace was soooo gorgeous but she let herself down with the Julien Macdonald dress. Cheryl just barely won for me on the first night as did Dannii on the second because I didn’t feel for either of their dresses on Sunday.

9. sydneycheapchic October 26, 2009 at 10:24 #

I think Cheryl Cole does look amazing in her dresses but it also feels like she’s trying TOO hard ..to outdo Dannii I’m sure.. I want to tell her to relax a bit.. she’s going to take (waste?) all the versace dresses.

10. Marvel October 26, 2009 at 10:24 #

I was so disappointed that Rachel didnt get chucked out. Your completely right when she tried to be ditzy and likeabe but she came off as idiotic and a copycat. I hated how she reacted when she found out that she’d gone through.
    Anyway. Cheryl looks amazing and for what its worh I liked her headband but not the hair. I loved her hair on Sunday but not crazy about the dress.

11. Hayona October 26, 2009 at 11:07 #

Hey :D
    can u plllz show us more pics for Cheryl Cole !!?

12. Cat October 26, 2009 at 12:12 #

The headband is jenny packham. I looks nicer on cheryl then on the runway.

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 12:20 #

Thanks yes it is from the recent Jenny Packham bridal collection.

Please do not add links in the comments.

• Cat October 26, 2009 at 13:37 #

sorry this is my first time commenting :)

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 13:40 #

not to worry ;)

13. Nick October 26, 2009 at 12:12 #

I loved Danni’s looks and so glad to see she hasnt forgotten her melbourne roots – Fashion Critic you would love some of the Aussie Fashion :)

Cheryl looked amazing the 1st night – but my problem is shes hidden from mid chest down – both of them look so goood and u cant see it :(

Finally – i love Rachel – she deserves to make it further than the other 2 girls

14. Stuti October 26, 2009 at 13:00 #

Oh my God, Danni. I LOVE her nude dress better than the grey/silver. Nude dress up for BDOTW please FC? ;)
    Also, I find the term “nude” very confusing. :S

15. La Poubelle October 26, 2009 at 13:22 #

fashion first
    i loved the past three atelier versace collections so it fills me with joy to see cheryl wear them :)
    danni stole the show though on sunday night as her gown was breathtaking

xfactor
    rachel has no charm but is a good singer, i thought it was bad when she spoke after her performance but was happy to see her get through, where was her dress from?
    i beleive this season is a fix…how could danyl and miss frank be in the bottom two?!

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 13:29 #

I can’t believe people are actually voting for John and Edward.

• La Poubelle October 26, 2009 at 14:13 #

it’s beyond a joke :(

• Samantha October 26, 2009 at 16:19 #

Completely agree with your comments about John and Edward. I’m Irish and even if I could vote it wouldn’t be for them. In some of the clips they showed last week, you could see them dancing during their masterclass with Whitney Houston. REALLY?!?!?!?!

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 16:41 #

LOL so true. Whitney must have thought she was being punked.

16. shubby doo October 26, 2009 at 13:22 #

please dont get me started on rachel…she turned me off during last week’s result show with her ‘i cant’ self pitying dribble… before that she had my support…. like simon said on saturday i really dont know who she is anymore…rihanna wannable to stacey wannabe….*rolls eyes*… please!!! we see right thru u rachel and u aint gonna win

i like danni’s dress she wore for the sunday show. hoping it will be a BDOTW condenter

17. simone October 26, 2009 at 13:24 #

Does anyone actually know where Danni’s nude dress is from or by?

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 13:28 #

still trying to find out.

18. The one October 26, 2009 at 14:19 #

Dont mean to criticise, I’m asking out of curiosity: why is Cheryl wearing pentihose/tights with that McDonald dress and if she must, shouldnt she be wearing closed choes? I really don’t like it this way, maybe I’m mistaken?

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 15:35 #

You know I questioned whether she was wearing tights, but I thought she couldn’t be with peep-toes.

19. FashionLover October 26, 2009 at 14:58 #

If my memory serves me correctly,i think Penelope Cruz also wore that white Atelier Versace dress,i think to the vanity fair Oscars party

20. yumey October 26, 2009 at 16:36 #

Danni looks lovely!! specially her first look,,,WOW

21. Leo October 26, 2009 at 17:05 #

I’m always the firts to say Cheryl can ruin couture, but this time she wowed me, she looks amazing in that dress.

Also loving Danii, the first dress is outstanding. And that second one is pure perfection, her best look of the year, it will be hard to top that in the next weeks.

22. 00o00 October 26, 2009 at 21:28 #

danii confirmed via twitter her saturday dress was j’aton couture

i thought her sunday dress was very mcqueen ss2010!

rachel was desperate to do a stacey. very sad.
    and i miss miss frank. Ooo double miss

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2009 at 23:37 #

Thanks.

I will now be stalking her via Twitter every week.

I will miss Miss Frank too.

They were never going to win, but they had a few more weeks in them

23. Nat October 26, 2009 at 23:07 #

ooooooooooh!!!!!
    Dannii is giving Cheryl a run for a her money
    Dannii reminded everyone she was is the game way before Cheryl and that she never left.

I feel like Cheryl is wearing all these Versace Atelier clearance

24. sarah October 27, 2009 at 15:33 #

Dannii looks absolutely stunning in both dresses, her feminine shape works well in most clothes I imagine. I really didn’t like Cheryl’s fishy dress, I think very few women could pull that style off. Someone with womanly curves like Angelina could definitely have rocked that look.

• kkxoxox October 27, 2009 at 18:53 #

angelina has no curves!

25. Amy October 27, 2009 at 18:16 #

I also feel that Cheryl is trying too hard to out do Danni. Unfortunately Danni wins hands down every time. Regarding the tights. Is she not wearing tights to hide her tatoos? because lets face it, it would definately look unsightly and cheapen the whole courture look..

26. kkxoxox October 27, 2009 at 18:53 #

love both cheryl’s looks….don’t really like the hair in the first one…but love the hair piece..not gone on dani’s sunday night outfit but she look gorgeous in the saturday night dress.

27. andrea herrera November 3, 2009 at 14:46 #

SUNDAY 1ST NOVEMBER WHERE DID THOSE TROUSERS THAT CHERYL COLE WORE COME FROM? THE SEQUIN ONES

28. Nat November 4, 2009 at 07:18 #

I loved the sequin trousers Cheryl wore on Sunday…where are they from??

29. g stanley November 29, 2009 at 21:46 #

were did cheryl cole get her tiger print hooded top from she wore in her video