Many of you were very vocal about your surprise that Blake Lively took an early lead in the poll this week.

The Gossip Girl actress was the eventual winner, wearing an elegant Victoria Beckham Spring 2010 black peplum dress with a lust worthy pair of Christian Louboutin heels.

Jennifer puts this win down to Blake “owning this look”, and Justme said “I think the reason Blake is winning is because it’s harder to pull off fabulosity in a simple VB black dress, whereas it’s easy to do so in a beautiful gown”.

Hilary Swank was my favourite wearing a stunning Vionnet Grecian gown.

She glows and the gown flatters her figure.

Hilary looked so regal red carpet at the Amelia premiere, it took me back to the 2005 Oscars when she was a knock-out in the stunning navy blue Guy Laroche gown.

It gave me that same special feeling which is partly because of the gown, but also because of Vionnet’s rich history.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Who Wore Donna Karan Better? Iman or Eva Green

Who Wore Donna Karan Better? Iman or Eva Green

10 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Blake Lively In Victoria Beckham Collection & Hilary Swank In Vionnet

1. Gaber October 25, 2009 at 19:23 #

Watch me kick and scream!
    ;-P

2. The one October 25, 2009 at 20:05 #

Lovely

3. barbara October 25, 2009 at 21:57 #

GREAT CHOICE! although i prefered carey’s, Vionnet had to be rewarded …it was obvious after just one look. How come we see so little of this brand in the red carpet? this dresses scream romanticism and quality…

4. mol October 26, 2009 at 00:06 #

I love how you describe your choice of Hilary this week – it made me look up more on the history of Vionnet.

5. Alfredo October 26, 2009 at 01:31 #

Good choices, I love that Blake can wear all the little Herve Ledger/Balmain dresses that are up to there but not make them look trashy, she makes them look how they’re supposed to, young and sexy. This Victoria Beckham makes her looks sexy yet the top makes balances it out.

Hilary I assumed would be the Critics Choice, it’s good that they both got awarded. Hilary’s gown is great, it works for someone her age, She gives me an empress vibe in this gown, rich color, amazing draping, lose yet elegant updo and jer poise and posture are just regal. Go Hilary!

• Ally October 26, 2009 at 11:58 #

I completely agree with this statement “I love that Blake can wear all the little Herve Ledger/Balmain dresses that are up to there but not make them look trashy, she makes them look how they’re supposed to, young and sexy.” That’s exactly why I love Blake. Is it the most original look? No, but she makes the look perfect for her.

6. eimear October 26, 2009 at 02:29 #

blake owned that dress… it was made for her!

7. nicole October 26, 2009 at 05:59 #

both are great choices.

• yumey October 26, 2009 at 16:54 #

i agree..i absolutely love Hilary’s look & Blake surely owned that dress!!

8. justme October 26, 2009 at 19:55 #

I’m just here to gloat, I’ve been quoted lol.
    Both of the winners look great so no complaints here.