Last night Sienna Miller attended the opening night party for “After Miss Julie” on Broadway at the Roundabout Theatre in New York City.

Yea…we didn’t have too long for the first celebrity to wear a dress from Balmain’s futuristic glam rock chick Spring 2010 collection on the red carpet.

Boo…to the totally boring black pumps Sienna Miller paired with it.

As much as I hate ankle boots, I think I would have preferred them to the very conservative pumps she paired with her sexy cut-out dress.

The sequined dress has 3/4 length sleeves with unfinished cuffs. It has intentionally distressed and torn areas all over with and even, unfinished hem that was screaming out for a fierce pair of heels.

This is a huge disappointment for me.

Luisa via Roma is ahead of all the other online retailers as they already have this dress available for pre-order on their website.

The sequin Destroy mini dress retails at £14,232.24 / €16,173 / $26,925.

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

"Dead Man Running" UK Premiere

“Dead Man Running” UK Premiere

20 Responses to Runway To “After Miss Julie” Broadway Opening Night After Party – Sienna Miller In Balmain

1. The Wonder Spot October 23, 2009 at 10:53 #

I usually like what Sienna wears but here.. she looks blah. She doesn’t give the dress the edge it needs…

2. YSLGirl October 23, 2009 at 11:11 #

Seriously, what has happened to Sienna Miller’s style? I heard that she’s become less stylish because she wanted to be known as an actress, not a style icon.

It certainly shows, she used to make trends. Now she just follows them.

3. Camilla October 23, 2009 at 11:13 #

Her hair, shoes and make-up are not right at all! Waste of a stupidly expensive dress.

• mol October 23, 2009 at 11:29 #

Totally agree!

4. Nicola Livesley October 23, 2009 at 12:03 #

I think Sienna sometimes likes to play it down to look like she hasn’t tried too hard, but this is just ridiculous…she may as well have worn trainers!!!

5. Gaber October 23, 2009 at 12:34 #

I actually didn’t get to the shoes, since the way the dress hangs on her is so appalling that the shoes become irrelevant.

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2009 at 12:39 #

LOL..so true

6. Davor October 23, 2009 at 12:35 #

I’m sorry… I know it’s Balmain… But 16,000 euros for a dress that makes a lady look like she participated in some kind of intergalactic war and lost a big part of her dress? I would buy a city car for that amount of money… Honestly, I REPEAT: I know it’s Balmain, but I think that’s just stupid. Is there anybody that has the same opinion?

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2009 at 12:39 #

I’d use that money for a deposit for a house

• Davor October 23, 2009 at 12:47 #

I know! I would understand if that is the price of some elegant, beautiful, dreamy, princess gown. But for this?… Sorry Balmain, but NOOOO WAY…. Of course, everything will always have its buyers…

• Ally October 23, 2009 at 13:28 #

Especially a Balmain that looks like it lost a battle with a weedwacker or garbage disposal.

• YSLGirl October 23, 2009 at 15:56 #

Haha, so true.

• Sabina October 23, 2009 at 12:58 #

I absolutely agree with you, that’s just ridiculous. I don’t know where they get these prices from. I’m ok with expensive dresses and understand that it’s the quality, the amount of work, and the brand name, that makes them so expensive, and I do like Balmain. But their price range is just wrong. $5 000, $7 000 or $10 000 for a dress – i can understand (if it’s a gown with amazing embellishments etc.) But $27 000 is just waaay too much for something like this. Especially considering that these kind of Balmain dresses are for one time, they’re not timeless pieces (like Dior) that you can keep forever and wear in 3 or 13 years and it will still look good and classy. I don’t think anyone will actually buy this dress…

• Megha October 23, 2009 at 19:07 #

absolutely spot on!
      i was shocked at the dress about why it was ever even made – sure i understand the idea of ‘edgy’ but this ridiculous
      and then i saw the price tag and cracked up

it’s not like i can afford some of the other dresses but even if i HAD the money WHY would i want to wear THIS

who cares about what shoes were paired with it when the dress is so awful

7. Hellwafashion October 23, 2009 at 13:21 #

I was scrolling down and actually liked it, then I saw the shoes & it totally killed it stone dead.
    I doubt Sienna paid for the dress, kind of agree with Davor in the sense that some dresses you think wow, definitely worth that much money, but there are a lot of shoppers here ( middle east) who would buy that dress without batting an eyelid about the price.

8. SarahV October 23, 2009 at 14:42 #

Somehow I don’t mind the shoes that much… they put the focus on the dress for me!

9. Kim October 23, 2009 at 19:47 #

I agree- the price is RIDICULOUS but I did think she looked very cute (partially b/c her legs are AMAZING) until you get down to the shoes But Holly wood doesn’t seem to be wearing anything else!!

It’s funny b/c as tired as we are of seeing trib two’s they would have been better than those “church shoes”! LOL

10. Mariana October 23, 2009 at 21:24 #

Weren’t Balmain dresses “cheaper” last season??
    What happened??

• ~**juDee**~ October 23, 2009 at 22:42 #

the people at balmain got a bit too happy with their succes and popularity is what happened…..the price is a joke

11. ben October 24, 2009 at 00:20 #

I understand Sienna’s intentions with the plain shoes by pushing the attention to the dress. But she got have done what Chloe Sevigny did with that with Balenciaga dress a while ago with a pair of black strappy sandals, they this look would have been killer.
    That being said, i still don’t love the dress. Or the whole Balmain collection for that matter – what an overrated piece of dribble that collection was.