Fashion Group International’s 26th Annual Night Of Stars

It’s not often I’m wowed by Mary J Blige, but this is very much a wow moment.

The singer looked stunning wearing a black Gucci Spring 2010 halter gown with jeweled leather harness neckline detail.

Truly outstanding.

Potato sack is the first thing that springs to mind when I see Eva Mendes wearing her modified slouchy grey Calvin Klein Spring 2010 dress.

I personally preferred the dress on the runway, but it’s just not a red carpet look.

And as if the look wasn’t bad enough she adds shoe-boots to the mix.

Iman wows again for the 3rd time in a row wearing a dusty rose Michael Kors sparkler.

I say it every time, but its amazing how ridiculously gorgeous this woman looks every time she hits the red carpet.

Emmy Rossum’s blew me away looking spectacular wearing a draped golden Donna Karan gown which make her look like a Grecian goddess.

Evan Rachel Wood smoldered in a burgundy Gucci gown with antique gold fringe detail on on sleeve.

She looked poised and elegant with her hair swept back into an slick updo, pairing the gown with a gold python clutch with bamboo tassel detail to match her dress.

Gucci ‘s Creative Director Frida Giannini received a “Design Star Honoree” award at this event.

Wearing a self-designed Gucci mini dress paired with a Gucci clutch and Gucci Fall 2009 heels, she posed with James Franco and Mary J Blige who both wore Gucci.

A very demure Gwen Stefani wore a LBD  with a rise and fall hem, paired with YSL black patent Trib Two’s and her L.A.M.B clutch.

I was trying to work out what was so different about Gwen’s look, then it hit me.

She’s not wearing her trademark red lipstick, instead she opted for a nude shade.

Although I like this look, she has totally thrown me by being so unpredictable.

Dita von Teese was typically beautiful sticking to her trademark red lip.

The Burlesque beauty wore a black vintage gown, with a head piece by Stephen Jones.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

"Chloe" London Promotional Tour

“Chloe” London Promotional Tour

14 Responses to Fashion Group International’s 26th Annual Night Of Stars

1. Willa October 23, 2009 at 16:12 #

Evan is freaking gorgeous. I’m glad she’s finally dressing her age and not trying so hard.

And Gwen looks very odd without her red lipstick.

2. Alexandra October 23, 2009 at 16:19 #

Wow. Wooow. Iman, Emmy Rossum, Evan and Dita are too perfect for words! I can’t decide which look is most BDOTW worthy, they’re all spectacular!!!

3. mol October 23, 2009 at 16:20 #

A WOW red carpet! The only one who disappoints is Eva, although I would love her dress in another context. Iman slays me, she’s so perfect every time. Also happy to see my girl Evan Rachel Wood back on the carpet. She looks beautiful, but perhaps older than she is, so that’s a draw for me.

Now that she’s ditched the red lips, maybe she could lose the platinum hair and really surprise us……Still, I’ll always love Gwen and she looks great here.

4. marky October 23, 2009 at 17:30 #

Evan for BDOTW !

5. LauraKitty October 23, 2009 at 17:48 #

Evan! BDOTW! She looks stunning and I’m so happy to see her back on the red carpet- I’ve missed her.

6. Ally October 23, 2009 at 17:59 #

Seriously, FC, how are you going to pick BDOTW contenders this week? So many awesome looks for a random week in October. I don’t know that Mary J Blige has ever looked better. And that dress is the perfect color for ERW.

7. Stuti October 23, 2009 at 18:01 #

Iman has no right to walk the earth in the same space as we do. Seriously, look at her. She looks younger than me, and I am eighteen. Way to ruin a girl’s self-esteem. :(
    Evan, you steal my heart, stunning color on you.
    Mary J Blige looks wow, such a babe she is.
    And Emmy’s make-up and hair is so pretty. <3

8. Cheryl October 23, 2009 at 18:37 #

Best Red Carpet so far…I ADORE EMMA ROSSUM’S OUTFIT!!! What brand is Dita wearing? Evan Rachel Wood and Iman look great as well!!!

9. Kim October 23, 2009 at 19:36 #

I thought Eva looked cute…maybe not a red carpet look though but I did think the dress looked better on her than the runway.

10. eclair October 23, 2009 at 19:56 #

Marilyn Manson has the best taste in women… those two girls are beyond compare. Evan’s really come into her own – still very glamorous and a little alternative, but no longer just a Dita clone, she’s doing the vintage thing her own way. Her look reminds me of the Marchesa Casati here, which is always a good thing :) And as for Dita, stunning as always!

11. sydneycheapchic October 23, 2009 at 21:55 #

First Sienna in the Balmain and now Mary J… when I see Abbey Lee’s runway photos the celebrity just doesn’t look as good.. i know.. it’s so unfair!

12. Thomas Monks October 24, 2009 at 20:28 #

The dress that Emmy is wearing is made by Donna Karan as so confirmed by Style.com

• Fashion Critic October 25, 2009 at 11:45 #

thanks for the info

13. yumey October 25, 2009 at 11:28 #

I love how Emmy luks..da Donna Karan dress is sooo lovely..she luks PERFECT!!she totally IS da BEST dressed dis week!!