Runway To SJP NYC Ad – Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta

Sarah Jessica Parker’s latest fragrance is called SJP NYC.

You will not be surprised to learn that the scent was inspired by Carrie Bradshaw.

In an interview with WWD the actress said “A large part of the inspiration was what I now understand to be people’s impressions of seeing Carrie Bradshaw walk down the street and what feelings that evokes for her and for them – a real sense of freedom and possibilities, a love for the city around her and, of course, fashion.”

SJP NYC will be available exclusively in Macy’s stores in the US from February, and then it will be available everywhere else in May to coincide with the premiere of ‘Sex And The City 2′ movie.

The scent is said to be a fruity, floral fragrance with hints of creamy musks, sandalwood and vanilla.

I’ve never quite understood the allure of celebrity fragrances, so I’m more interested in the fabulous artwork for this scent.

SJP is beaming ever so brightly wearing a strapless Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 dress with NYC in pink as the backdrop.

Credit: Style.com & WWD

Runway To "The Business of Falling in Love" Set - Hilary Duff In Prada

Runway To “The Business of Falling in Love” Set – Hilary Duff In Prada

Who Wore Camilla & Marc Better? AnnaLynne McCord, Lea Michele or Ashley Tisdale

Who Wore Camilla & Marc Better? AnnaLynne McCord, Lea Michele or Ashley Tisdale

12 Responses to Runway To SJP NYC Ad – Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta

1. zoe October 22, 2009 at 18:14 #

i definitely want to see how this smells. i like woods, musks, and vanilla. and this fragrance is fruity AND floral? it fits under every scent category.
    you know, celeb fragrances are pretty good. one example: hilary duff’s with love. i love it sooooo much. when my bottle finishes i will be purchasing another one.

2. robbie October 22, 2009 at 18:43 #

wow i cant wait to smell this. hope there will be a body lotion.

3. mol October 22, 2009 at 19:54 #

Chandler Burr (the perfume critic for the NY Times Mag) wrote a book called The Perfect Scent, half of which deals with the development of SJP”s first scent (was it Lovely?). Anyway, he speaks of SJP with a certain amount of respect as she – unlike so many other celebs – has a bit of a nose and she had a very specific idea of what she wanted to get from her first perfume. In the end, it was very well reviewed by various perfumistas. Anyway, pretty well all perfumes are developed by perfume experts and technicians working for big companies so you could potentially get a good perfume under any celeb name – it all depends on what your own ‘nose’ tells you to like!

4. Matt October 22, 2009 at 20:38 #

Oh my, a celebrity fragrance, you just don’t see it everyday. The artwork is beautiful and it makes me curious to smell it.

5. Mar October 22, 2009 at 20:58 #

she looks absolutely gorgeous with that floral dress. it seems designed just for her (L) and i can’t wait to buy the fragance!! i want may arrives, pleaseee :)

6. Gaber October 22, 2009 at 22:38 #

So .. why again are we loving this ad?
    Her arm looks like it’s poorčy Photoshopped onto the body, her nose is particularly huge, she has no neck and don’t get me started on the eyes!
    I LOVE my SJP, but this is just a disaster!

7. Jeremy October 23, 2009 at 03:24 #

Does anyone start getting annoyed by the whole celebrity’s fragrance? I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster this is a true story: few years ago I brought back a Glow by Jennifer Lopez as my mom’s gift. She told me that she has smelled this before. Apparently, it matched a smell of some cheap Chinese fragrance that somehow my mom got. Ever since I never touch a celebrity’s scene anymore.

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2009 at 10:17 #

I do. Enough already.

8. Hannah October 23, 2009 at 05:38 #

Did Scarlett Johansson wear a dress similar to this one??

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2009 at 10:17 #

Scarlett wore the gown

9. SarahV October 23, 2009 at 14:54 #

What a gorgeous dress… Not interested in the perfume either!

10. Powell October 23, 2009 at 15:31 #

Her smile brings out the joy in the dress.