21.10.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Astro Boy” Los Angeles Premiere

Kristen Bell’s Oscar de la Renta Resort 2010 navy blue and white embroidered dress works very well because she has kept accessories to a minimum.

She teamed her dress with a pair of simple cut-out heels.

30th Annual Salute To Women In Sports Awards, New York

Laila Ali is defying the myth that sportswomen can’t look elegant and feminine on the red carpet, by wearing a breath-taking raspberry silk chiffon one shoulder Tadashi Shoji gown with floral strap detail.

‘Up In The Air’ Premiere, London Film Festival

I always wondered how this Alberta Ferretti Fall 2009 chartreuse gown with a black beaded embroidered overlay would look on the red carpet.

Natascha McElhone keeps the look very simple, yet I just can’t fall in love with this look as stunning as the detail is.

Rag & Bone Soho Store Opening, New York

Sienna Miller wore a Rag & Bone ensemble including grey shorts, cropped jacket and shoe-boots to the Rag & Bone SoHo store opening.

Even when she dresses down still looks gorgeous.

L’Oreal Paris Recieves Friend Of The Walk Of Fame Award, LA

Actresses Eva Longoria Parker, Andie MacDowell and Kate del Castillo attended this event as the ambassadors of L’Oreal.

Eva wore a two tone grey Nicole Miller Studio One tweed pencil dress with an asymmetrical neckline, whilst Andie was divine in a printed dress.

Kate was equally chic in a black chiffon top and wide-legged white pants.

Samantha Thavasa Special Meet And Greet With Beyonce, Tokyo

After her last trip to Japan back in August Beyonce Knowles returned sans Solange to promote her Samantha Thavasa bags.

The singer wore a Roberto Cavalli ultra mini dress, paired with Rock & Republic Celina heels

Moet & Chandon “Tribute To Cinema”, Japan

Scarlett Johansson maybe wearing a vintage Haute Couture Givenchy gown and Christian Dior heels, but I just can’t raise a smile whilst for this look.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Moran Atias In Valentino - National Women's History Museum Women Making History Event

Moran Atias In Valentino – National Women’s History Museum Women Making History Event

Runway To SJP NYC Ad - Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta

Runway To SJP NYC Ad – Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta

21 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Kim October 21, 2009 at 20:12 #

Oh my goodness Sienna looks as “cute as a button”!

2. robbie October 21, 2009 at 20:18 #

kristen, gorgeous dress her shoes are jimmy choo georgia.

laila, gorgeous dress but i wish she had her hair back.

natascha, its not really all that nice on her but gorgeous on the model.

seinna, love her look but her hair is alwas the same *yawn*

neither of the l’oreal women looks good.

beyonce, *yawn* so bored of seeing her always showing her legs off. am i the only person who doesnt see the fuss over her legs, they are nothing special.

scarlett, boring.

• mm October 21, 2009 at 20:35 #

no beyonce doesn’t have the best legs. But it might be one of her best assets, she sure can move them, great entertainer.

3. mm October 21, 2009 at 20:28 #

Love that color on Laila. Natashcha McElhone could helped her look out if she would’ve wore her hair pulled back or up. her hair color is clashing with the dress. Sienna looks really cold, i hope she had on some flesh tone tights, bare legs and coat and scarf just looks odd.

4. Tina Marie October 21, 2009 at 20:31 #

oh my gosh, Beyone looks like she lost her pants!

5. Matt October 21, 2009 at 20:46 #

kristen is soo pretty but I sorta find her boring when she’s on the red carpet
    Beyonce looks alright, nothing amazing there, just another mini dress showing off her legs, like we haven’t seen that 1 million times before. I do love her shoes though.

6. ZzaRaZza October 21, 2009 at 20:47 #

Hmm, that black over yellow dress Natascha is wearing reminded me of Alexander McQueen dresses that Drew and Naomi wore

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 23:48 #

good point

• Ally October 23, 2009 at 13:41 #

That’s exactly what I was coming to the comments to say! I think the dress would have looked better on someone a little curvier.

7. mol October 21, 2009 at 21:32 #

I truely love the Alberta Ferretti dress, but somehow it doesn’t come across that well on either the model or Natascha McElhone – curious….Sienna is hard to beat, she looks so cute here, and I love Andie MacDowell’s dress, just not the tights (wish we would see her more often – other than in her ads)

8. Sabina October 21, 2009 at 22:57 #

I think what Scarlett is wearing is totally fine, not amazing, but fine, it’s just that she’s lost a bit of weight recently, and with that she lost that sparkle and sexiness about her.. not that I support extra weight, but in her case is wasn’t extra, it was in all the right places and she used to look gorgeous (like in 2007/08).. and now it’s just boring..
    And i understand that Beyonce is there to present these bags.. but still, they’re absolutely ridiculous!

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 23:46 #

You know what I couldn’t put my finger on what was off, but you are right she has lost a LOT of weight and she doesn’t look better for it.

• sydneycheapchic October 22, 2009 at 08:13 #

Totally agree Sabina…. i actually love what Scarlett is wearing but she doesn’t fill it out like she used to.

9. claire October 21, 2009 at 23:21 #

what happened to scarlett johanson? she looks kinda…deflated? she must hasve lost a lot of weight
    but weignt-loss or not, her make up is terrible and completely ruins her looks

10. amelia October 21, 2009 at 23:47 #

natascha’s dress reminds me a little of the McQueen worn by Drew Barrymore, there’s something similar about the designs

11. Maggie October 22, 2009 at 00:25 #

Kristen Bell never fails to amaze me, even with something as simple as this. I think she could’ve seriously upped the WOW factor if she paired the dress with red shoes, then it’d have been a shoo-in for BDOTW ;-)

12. simon October 22, 2009 at 00:59 #

plz beyonce has the best legs we’ve seen this week, yes this dress is really short, but please just accept the fact that her legs looks amazing

13. Steph October 22, 2009 at 03:22 #

I think it is time for Scarlett to fire her hair colourist and makeup artist. She looks woeful!

14. Alfredo October 22, 2009 at 07:50 #

I love Beyonce’s hair and make up! Just flawless. I’m glad she changed her lacefront and styled it unllike at the VMA’s and the BET awards. As far as her dress, it’s cute, she chose an A line skirt, and that definetly goes with her type of body, better than the skin tight Cavalli mini she wore at the VMA’s and made her look like a cheap hooker.

Eva looks gorgeous as well, very appropriate, I love that about her, she always dresses for the event.

15. Ksenia October 22, 2009 at 08:37 #

Kristen is soooo amazing. I don’t really like this dress but she looks fantastic in everytthing! As much as Sienna. Love her jacket btw))
    Scarlett … Where the hell is her cheeks? She looks exhausted. Even great heels and gorgeous dress can’t fix it.

16. SarahV October 23, 2009 at 15:05 #

I HATE Scarlett’s make-up here!