2009 Angel Ball to Benefit Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation

Whilst striking her signature pose Blake Lively look stunning wearing a Victoria Beckham black peplum mini dress.

She paired her dress with Christian Louboutin Calypso heels which have a navy sparkling toe cap.

We haven’t seen a lot of Victoria Beckham herself, but her dresses have to be the most popular dresses both on and off the red carpet at the moment.

Leighton Meester even wore 2 of VB’s dresses in one episode of ‘Gossip Girl’.

Denise Rich must be happy that all is now well at the house of Lacroix.

The songwriter is a huge fan of Christian Lacroix work, so for this occasion she donned a multi-colour printed Spring 2009 dress.

This is surprisingly the first look we have seen on the red carpet from that S09 collection, which is a shame because it was one of my favourites from Lacroix.

Jennifer Hudson left daddy holding the baby again as she had another night on the red carpet.

This time she wore a very simple sleeveless black dress paired with black heels and a black patent belt.

Natalie Cole and Iman are impossible.

How do they manage to look so young?

Natalie looks as young as Blake Lively here wearing a Haute Hippie fringed sequin dress.

As much as I like Paula Patton’s navy Lanvin dress, she should have worn it without that OTT necklace.

Lanvin speaks for itself it doesn’t need trinkets.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Vionnet Makes A Return To The Red Carpet

Vionnet Makes A Return To The Red Carpet

In Natalie Cole's Closet - Haute Hippie Fringed Sequin Dress

In Natalie Cole’s Closet – Haute Hippie Fringed Sequin Dress

30 Responses to 2009 Angel Ball to Benefit Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation

1. alexa October 21, 2009 at 16:07 #

Blake looks fierce in that , so much better than the model… I love this girl.

2. Matt October 21, 2009 at 16:07 #

Blake Lively looks breathtaking in that dress, She’s got leg for days, a huge plus that she didn’t pair it off with Trib Two. Isn’t VB making an appearance on Gossip Girl?
    Jennifer Hudson looks good. I don’t like the makeup, it’s a little too dark for her.

• Bego October 21, 2009 at 16:17 #

i really hope vicotria Beckham is NOT going to be on gossip girl…. as long as it stays up to her dresses it’s fine!

• Marvel October 21, 2009 at 16:20 #

VB is making a cameo apereance on GG as herself, she has expressed her love for the show. Blake is working the hell out of that dress and I tend to not like VB desses

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 16:27 #

are you sure.

They said the same for SATC 1 and 2, plus I thought she expressed a wish never to act, even if she is playing herself

• Ally October 21, 2009 at 17:56 #

I don’t know if the GG rumors are true, but she was on Ugly Betty as herself a few seasons ago.

I do NOT envy you having to pick the BDOTW contenders this week. So many great looks and Blake is definitely up there for me.

• Marvel October 21, 2009 at 18:16 #

Well she did say she loves GG, I dont think its written in stone just yet but I think its on the way. Plus why would she refuse since she is ‘obssesed’ with that show and probably another reason to show off her collection.
          She was this close to coming SATC but it conflicted with the Spice Girls tour, she is rumoured to be SATC 2 and has reportedly taken up acting classes. Now that I cant wait to see.

3. Bego October 21, 2009 at 16:16 #

wow Blake!!

4. Dorian Gray October 21, 2009 at 16:31 #

Blake for BDOTW, please :-)

5. Stuti October 21, 2009 at 16:34 #

Is it too much to ask for a BDOTW nomination for Blake? ;)
    I mean, the make-up is perfect, the red lips are hot! The dress looks fab on her too, I want her legs! I am ready to donate my kidneys, lungs and eyes for those legs. >_<

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 16:35 #

Yes, of course.

She has had more requests this last 30 mins than anyone this week.

6. mm October 21, 2009 at 16:39 #

Natalie’s hair and make up are perfect. Beautiful lady. I dont like the shirt dress, it is too short on her. I totally dislike Jennifer’s look, she looks stuffed, the tights are a no. Denise Rich, the dress does not work on her, it is too long on her doesn’t seem fun and flirty. I love how Paula is wearing her hair lately, she seems more interesting. Blake is workin it!

7. Kim October 21, 2009 at 16:43 #

Blake looks hot and so does Paula MINUS the necklace. She always seems to miss on something. Shoes, necklace…something seems to go wrong. Well except for the last flower print dress she wore- can’t remember the designer but don’t remember her going wrong there. :-)

8. Methedrine October 21, 2009 at 16:58 #

Blake is totally gorgeous!

9. Payal (HHC) October 21, 2009 at 17:10 #

Natalie is wearing Haute Hippie sequin dress. Its so nice to see her bounce back after her kidney transplant.

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 17:28 #

thanks so much for the ID

10. Swatky October 21, 2009 at 17:49 #

Blake is gorgeous here. That dress is certainly to die for. Am I smelling the ‘Who wore it better’ poll, since Victoria already wore this piece to her presentation in New York earlier ? :-)

11. Sydne October 21, 2009 at 17:56 #

Best quote of the day :) “Lanvin speaks for itself it doesn’t need trinkets.”

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2009 at 18:12 #

thanks Sydne :)

12. justme October 21, 2009 at 18:34 #

Oh my… could it be? I honestly love Blake’s look!! *church clap*
    See it’s not always all or nothing, she decides to show off her amazing legs and keeps the girls covered and she ends up looking THIS fab. Coincidence? I think not.

13. justme October 21, 2009 at 18:36 #

I agree about Paula.
    Her whole look has this fierce classy chick who turned goth while fighting vibe to it and the necklace messes it up.

14. grace October 21, 2009 at 18:53 #

Blake dropped my jaw. Simple, yet sexily stunning.
    My first thought upon seeing Denise Rich, OTOH, was “Holy hot mess, no.” I wish she had worn the dress w/out the cardi.

15. nisha October 21, 2009 at 18:58 #

i honestly cannot stop thinking about how good natalie looks. at first i didn’t even recognise her.she looks amazing you could never tell looking at that photo that she’s 59.full of radience and such an inspiration.as well as her blake looks great in the vb design it really suits her.thanks for posting

16. The one October 21, 2009 at 19:34 #

WOW Blake – she’s working the hell out of that Victoria Beckham dress, when i saw VB wearing it for the presentation of the dress collection, i thought no one else but VB would ever pull that peplum dress, but wow Blake, i’ll vote for her if she makes BDOTW

17. Miriam Marquez October 21, 2009 at 19:56 #

I Think Blake is wearing the Calypso not the Maggie.

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2009 at 00:21 #

You are right. the close up shows that they are the Calypso thanks :)

18. nicole October 21, 2009 at 22:47 #

blake for bdotw for sure she killed it. im so happy the pumps were not all black!!

19. YSLGirl October 21, 2009 at 23:25 #

Victoria Beckham wore that dress, too. Maybe you could do a faceoff.

She’s also going to be guest-starring on Victoria Beckham. I take it’s she’s flattered!

20. sydneycheapchic October 22, 2009 at 08:18 #

Totally agree with all the requests for Blake for BDOTW.. she is flawless here.. even her pose which usually looks uncomfortable suits this dress….

I also think Natalie Cole is looking gorgeous!

21. ahot October 22, 2009 at 11:14 #

GREAT! one more to hate…
    I am sure Nathalie and Iman did a vaudou ritual to stay forever young! ;-)
    I must really go back to the gym