19.10.09 On Set With...

Regular readers will know that I was dead against the Sex and the City 2 film because I thought the story concluded when Carrie and Big got married.

It was the ending we all hoped for.

I only recently jumped on-board the sequel train, when I saw Sarah Jessica Parker walking the streets of Manhattan wearing a white Halston dress and Louboutin heels.

But then THIS happened. Miley Cyrus was spotted on set with Kim Cattrall wearing the same paillette detailed Matthew Williamson mini dress this weekend.

You know how I feel about Miley, so it won’t surprise you to know that my desire to watch this film has just died.

Let me know how it goes because I won’t be paying money to watch this brat.

What’s she doing in this movie anyway? Is she even old enough to watch it?

N.B. Regular readers will also know that it will only take the next candids of SJP to get me back on board.

Kim and Miley’s dress was not featured on the runway, but the detail of the dress was featured in both Matthew Williamson Fall and Pre-Fall 2009 collections.

Kylie Minogue has also worn this dress, but hers was minus the embellished details on the bodice.

Credit: Style.com & Zimbio

"Sex And The City 2" Japan Premiere - Sarah Jessica Parker In Vivienne Westwood

“Sex And The City 2″ Japan Premiere – Sarah Jessica Parker In Vivienne Westwood

Runway To "The Business of Falling in Love" Set - Hilary Duff In Prada

Runway To “The Business of Falling in Love” Set – Hilary Duff In Prada

41 Responses to On The Set Of Sex And The City 2 With Kim Cattrall and Miley Cyrus Wearing The Same Matthew Williamson Dress

1. Daneka October 19, 2009 at 17:47 #

Hahaha. I agree, I fell in love with that Halston dress & those Louboutin’s when I saw the picture. Ive read somewhere that Miley is an extra in the movie & that she doesn’t actually speak (Thank god). The girl is everywhere.I do like that MW dress, minus the black belt. :)

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 17:51 #

There is a GOD, thank you.

Officially back on board.

2. ber October 19, 2009 at 17:55 #

I hate the pouty face she always has.

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 17:58 #

ditto

3. Leti October 19, 2009 at 17:56 #

I read that they’re wearing the same dress b/c Samantha buys it in an effort to be “young and hip” and then she ends up wearing it to the same event as Miley, playing herself.

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 17:57 #

Ha, that sure sounds like Samantha.

Funny concept

4. Alexandra October 19, 2009 at 17:58 #

It’s like the worst Miley pout ever! Creeps.

But it is relieving to know that she won’t speak. It would be the most epic way to ruin completely the legendary series.

5. mette October 19, 2009 at 18:00 #

Ha ha… It’s kinda funny that it doesn’t take more than one person to ruin a movie :o) SO GLAD that she wont be speaking!!

6. Ally October 19, 2009 at 18:08 #

I loved SATC when it was on the air. The first movie was so “meh” but MILEY?? Seriously?? Ugh. And I feel like they have that Samantha trying to look young thing one time too many. Sorry for the rant, but it is hard to watch one of your favorite shows sink so low.

I’ll end on a positive note. I dig the boots and hope we see them on someone less gag inducing.

• Kou October 19, 2009 at 23:29 #

@ Ally AMEN. They are ruining all my fond memories of the show. The 1st movie was bad enough now this. How much $$$ does one need?

7. Stuti October 19, 2009 at 18:11 #

Why, just why, does she have to pout like that?! Does she think she looks hot doing that?
    Because if she does, the poor girl needs a good friend. And no, not me. :|
    What is happening to these teenage girls? I am a eighteen, I dont mean to sound like Grandma, but shouldnt there be some semblance of class in these girls?! Taylor Momsen, Miley, please dont try so hard.
    Sorry for the rant, got carried away. :)

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 18:18 #

understandable ;)

8. nicole October 19, 2009 at 18:13 #

i HATE that she is in SATC2 .. seriously she can be in anything just not satc its sacred. ugh anyway i will have to close my eyes i guess when shes on. penelope cruz is in it too thank god!! as long as she has a longer good role she just might make up for this disaster

9. Matt October 19, 2009 at 18:29 #

I’m too interested in anything that happens in the second one, I’m in it for the fashion. Miley being in it, Cameo or not is still a disaster, I wish they used Blake Lively or Leighton someone young and hip. it’s no surprise though, as the girl is all over the place like the swine flu. Unfortunately, there is no vaccination.

• Kim October 19, 2009 at 19:15 #

LOL

• sydneycheapchic October 20, 2009 at 11:21 #

haha too funny!

I’m disappointed that Miley is in this movie too.. I don’t want to do anything that encourages her ‘fame’ even more.. even if it is a non speaking cameo! enough already!

I’m also only looking forward to the fashion.. ..

10. Barbara October 19, 2009 at 18:33 #

oh my god.the dress are nice,but not with all this stuff!the belt,the shoes!!tell me why??
    but i think the shoes are nice too,but…with something simple

• jK October 19, 2009 at 19:15 #

well … SATC is always like that thou. their outfits seem OTT in pictures, but they usually come out great on screen. like when i first saw the bird on carrie’s hair on her wedding scene, it was a WTF moment for me too.

• Barbara October 19, 2009 at 20:26 #

yeah the bird was wtf moment for me too :D but i think,that dress on kim and miley doesn t look great anyway

11. mike October 19, 2009 at 19:02 #

wow u need a chill pill tbh

12. robbie October 19, 2009 at 19:03 #

there boots are by bebe by the way.

as for miley cyrus being in the movie, its probably some publicity crap to get younger people to see the movie. which is stupid since its a more adult kind of movie. i really do want to smack that pout of her face.

as for the dress, i hate the embellishment it just makes the dress look very tacky. as predictable and obvious as it may be i think kylies version was much nicer.

13. mol October 19, 2009 at 19:06 #

That Kim is trying to be young and hot and ends up copying someone who is young and NOT hot is funny, no??

14. Lauren October 19, 2009 at 19:13 #

I dont get what the big deal with Miley being in the movie is. Accoriding to reports she doesnt even have a line. And yes… she is old enough to watch it. She’s 16 not 6.
    Sorry about that rant… Its just I like Miley and even though she has made mistakes I don’t think everyone should treat the way they do when they dont even know her.

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 19:59 #

she maybe 16, but she acts like a 30 year old pole-dancer.

• robbie October 19, 2009 at 20:18 #

its not about people knowing her its the way she acts in the media. she dresses like a 30 year old slapper, acts like a 30 year old slapper but then she goes on shows and acts like a spoilt brat. for example when she was on ellen and ellen asked her about dating that underwear guy, she was rolling around on the chair laughing like a little kid.

she is 16 yeah but she is going to attract the attention of annoying tweens who will scream when they see her frickin face on the screen.

15. Maddy October 19, 2009 at 20:00 #

The worst thing about her cameo are going to be the many times she’ll show up to the premieres (LA, New York and maybe London) and try to outshine and out-pout the stars of the film with something too tacky, too short, too glitzy and anything but age appropiate.:(

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 20:04 #

OH NO…you’re so right :D

She’ll be pouting like that on the red carpet.

Why lord…why???????????

• Jules O'C October 20, 2009 at 08:56 #

dead on maddy, dead on – amen
      hate this

• anu October 20, 2009 at 14:07 #

lol so true! x

16. Kim October 19, 2009 at 21:16 #

HATE the false pout and sorry but they look like a double dose of Xena the Warior Princess in that dress!

• Jules O'C October 20, 2009 at 08:57 #

seriously – wiping tears from my eyes – SO funny
      Miley brings out the best in everybody

17. Sabina October 19, 2009 at 21:22 #

There are so many other, more interesting, young stars they could’ve picked for this role (Taylor Swift, Leigton Meester, Hayden Pannetiere), and they chose this silly girl, who’s biggest talent is to be annoying.
    And I absolutely hate the way they styled the dress. From boots to the belt to the necklaces – nothing looks good with it.
    Can’t wait for the next SJP post to make me forget that THIS will be in the movie.

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 21:30 #

I’m looking for pictures as we speak. Like you said the memory of this needs to be erased

18. Marvel October 19, 2009 at 21:44 #

I read that one of the characters says:
    “Good Lord, she’s (samantha) wearing the same dress as Hannah Montana”

We NEED an SJP post to eradicate this pictre. And I thought Keira Knightley pouted the most

19. eimear October 19, 2009 at 22:03 #

And Kylies was probably minus those INSANELY HORRIBLE boots??!!. God they look dire.

20. lucas October 19, 2009 at 23:49 #

They both look so tacky and horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. staramour October 20, 2009 at 00:38 #

I read the same as Leti somewhere. I hope these photos of Kim and Miley are just from shooting together & that Kim’s character goes no where near her in the film. In fact, I could totally imagine Samantha ripping Miley apart for that stupid necklace and those gloves – or at least some sort of withering comment.

However, where they are both in the same belt and shoes, who is the pot and who is the kettle?!

22. Crispy October 20, 2009 at 03:48 #

It actually angers me that she is in this movie. This is freaking Sex and The CIty, not the Disney channel!!! Miley Cyrus once said she wanted to remake Sex and the City with younger girls and “without all the sex.” I pretty much want her to quietly fall into obscurity and/or rehab.

23. Jules O'C October 20, 2009 at 09:05 #

OMG! at first I thought you were being too harsh – so what’s the biggie Miley is part of the new SATC2 Movie and they’re obviously trying to recreate the Pink/Shakira/Balmain incident to be hip and cool and put new things into the movie and so on…
    …til it hit me.
    MILEY.IS.GOING.TO.BE.!!!!!PART!!!!!!OF. SEX AND THE CITY!!!!!
    and I dont care that its ‘just’ the movie and ‘just’ the second one
    this is just utterly & completely wrong.
    whoever greenlighted this at NewLine has to be let go

24. Flixer October 20, 2009 at 12:28 #

OMG!! What the hell is that platypus doing on SATC?! *okay breathe breathe* Sorry, I know you have a respectable site FC and I mean no disrespect, but that 30-year-old-over-the-wall-ex-stripper / teenager just brings out the worst in me… *breathe breathe breathe*

25. Kyutipye October 21, 2009 at 13:41 #

@ topic, whats done is done. hopefully, like many say, she won’t speak.
    FC I see Maddy brought home a point you hadn’t yet thought about. The premiers, lol.
    Flixer you had me rolling around here, PLATYPUS. That, is a classic one, lol
    But seriously, id there NO ONE … that can tell this child not to do THAT! I is … disturbing (for lack of a better word)