Best Dressed Of The Week – Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier

On Monday I was pretty sure I was going to vote Cheryl Cole in Atelier Versace as my Best Dressed this week.

On Wednesday I then changed my mind and was certain Blake Lively in Marchesa was going to be my Best Dressed this week.

Then on Friday Lucy Liu swept me off my feet wearing Monique Lhuillier.

I’m sure many of you had the same late change of heart, as you voted for Lucy too.

Many said the that gown was so fabulous that it was impossible for Lucy to go wrong. I disagree because this dress could have come off looking very prom-like.

FashionLover said it best when describing Lucy as floating on cloud.

Thanks for your votes.

Credit: Rex Features

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Who Wore Rodarte Better? Keira Knightley, Kristen Dunst or Jennifer Lopez

Who Wore Rodarte Better? Keira Knightley, Kristen Dunst or Jennifer Lopez

26 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier

1. Henrique October 18, 2009 at 18:17 #

STUNNING.

2. Pablo October 18, 2009 at 18:17 #

Oh yeah, critic and reader unanimity! :) It’s been such a high level week! And Lucy is real perfection!

3. eimear October 18, 2009 at 18:52 #

BOOOOOORING. Amber Heard all the way.

• thomas monks October 18, 2009 at 20:36 #

you know you should really only post positive comments on FC’s choices yes amber heard looked fabulous but this is not only your description but FC’s and everyone who voted

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2009 at 20:40 #

I used to get take it personally when people write negative comments about my choices, but like I say every week when I post the poll, you can’t please everyone so I don’t take it personally anymore.

Water off a ducks back.

Thanks Thomas.

• eimear October 19, 2009 at 00:53 #

well its just my opinion aswell. I not personally attacking anybody so dont get so offended! Its just a comment on a blog man!

4. julia October 18, 2009 at 19:06 #

she looks divine…
    uhm…where is the rodarte poll?^^
    i visit this site hourly just because of that poll +gg+

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2009 at 20:30 #

tomorrow

5. Stuti October 18, 2009 at 19:21 #

Agreed. It isnt a very easy dress to pull off.

6. Daneka October 18, 2009 at 20:33 #

Personally, I thought there were many other better canidates for BDOTW.She loks nice,but others looked better this week.It looks too prom dress/wedding dress for me.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2009 at 20:42 #

You are very entitled to your opinion, but the majority voted Lucy end of story.

• Ricki October 18, 2009 at 21:13 #

3,000 people voted for the Lucy.

Why complain about it now? What a waste of a comment

The best girl won. deal with it.

• Daneka October 18, 2009 at 21:27 #

Can I just say that i wasn’t complaining about the choice for BDOTW.I was just giving my opinion. :)

• eimear October 19, 2009 at 00:56 #

I agree! Wow ppl are agressive when you post a opinionated comment!

7. sam October 18, 2009 at 20:49 #

y not pick 2 winners like many other weeks…i think blake lively deserved it also..atleast share winners….having said dat…lucy looks amazing..not an hint of prom dress,or weeding…. in it…those who think…go to ur porm again…;)…

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2009 at 20:57 #

If there are 2 winners that’s because the readers vote and my vote are not the same.

This week they are the same, hence one winner.

I think that is very self explanatory.

• Ricki October 18, 2009 at 21:10 #

What’s with the moaning every time.

There was a poll, people voted, Blake Lively lost, Get over it.

• sydneycheapchic October 19, 2009 at 01:43 #

I actually like that there’s a critics and readers poll.. it’s always interesting at the end of the weekend to see whether FC agrees with me.. I feel like i’ve won! hehe..

I would have to agree with those who have said that people get very aggressive when others have a particular opinion…. isn’t that the whole point to having comments on a blog? Much more interesting than everyone going “yes, it’s fabulous and I agree with everything you and everyone else says” Now that’s boring!

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 01:47 #

I agree that is the whole point, and life would be so boring if we all liked the same thing.

Comments are getting a little too aggressive, but I’m not going to tell people not to comment just because they feel particularly passionate about a subject.

It wouldn’t be fair. I rant all the time about tights and black pumps :)

8. Lisa October 18, 2009 at 21:04 #

You don’t have to defend your choice FC. Everyone is entitled to pick their own personal favorite. If everyone always agreed, what would be the point of a weekly poll? :)

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2009 at 21:15 #

You’re totally right

9. alex October 18, 2009 at 21:12 #

I agree with you about Cheryl, I think that the quality of the picture didn´t help her. Even though i voted for Paz (partly because she´s from Spain, like me), I think that if I had to walk the red carpet i sooo would like a dress like Lucy´s.

10. Alexandra October 18, 2009 at 21:32 #

Lucy’s win was unavoidable and it is really astonishing… IMO not only best dressed of the week but the worthy candidate to Best Dressed Of The Year!

But I kind of feel sorry for Blake… Fashion can be cruel ;)

11. SkirtTheIssue October 18, 2009 at 23:06 #

Gorgeous, such a pretty dress!! Though I think your right about the potential for this to have gone in a bad direction FC- I think by wearing her hair down it added that nonchalant attitude that was needed to save this look from prom-hell!

12. sam October 19, 2009 at 01:24 #

this is one of those toughest weeks…and totally satisfied by wat FC said pple’s choice nd urs match….and totally agree wid Alexandra..fashion can be cruel.;)…..(AND YES NO1 IS “MOARNING”,,I THINK U SHUD THROW AWARD THE “I M THE DEFENDER BATCH”GOSH!!!)

13. nicole October 19, 2009 at 08:35 #

voted for blake but she would have been my second choice. it manages to look amazing on her and not bridal/prom like it might have on some others