16.10.09

Social Events Of The Week

Couples Retreat Photocall, London

Malin Akerman wore a cute satin animal print Temperley London Resort 2010 dress, which was draped around the hips to add some texture and volume.

Black pumps complete the look.

Kristen Bell’s 3.1 Phillip Lim Resort 2010 lace dress has to be my least favourite of her “Couples Retreat” promotional tour.

The actress tried to punch up look with a fiery pair of red heels, but it wasn’t enough for me to like this look.

GNC for QuickTrim Launch, LA

Kim Kardashian looked fabulous wearing an Alexander Wang Tailored Metal-Stud Jacket paired with a simple white tee and black LnA Olivia knit ruched leggings.

She also added some YSL Divine ankle boots to her look, which have suddenly become very popular.

Khloe Kardashian opted for a green and black Myne sweet-heart neckline dress, which she paired with a large Chanel belt, a selection of bangles and black platform ankle boots.

Madison & Diavolina Launch Party, LA

Mandy Moore’s red and multi-coloured printed silk dress reminds me of the same gorgeous print used in the Isabel Marant Fall 2009 presentation.

She looks so beautiful here.

“Bye Bye Birdie” Broadway Opening Night After Party, New York

Gina Gershon wore an Azzaro by Vanessa Seward jumpsuit with a thigh-high split.

With a black fur shrug, Fred Leighton jewels and roses in her hair the look was complete.

OMEGA Constellation 2009, London

Cindy Crawford showed off her endless legs wearing a black Alexander Wang hooded goddess dress and multi-strap heels.

The supermodel added some glitzy jewelery to dazzling us with this sexy look.

MANGO Winter 2009/10 Photocall, Germany

Scarlett Johansson wasn’t sexy quite as sexy as Cindy.  Her look was more secretary chic.

The actress wore a pussy-bow blouse and beige pencil skirt from Mango’s Fall 2009 collection.

FusionBeauty’s New InFatuation Lip Gloss Launch Party, LA

Kim Kardashian wore her YSL Divine ankle boots again when she attended this event.

This time she paired it with a silver sequined jacket, a white tee and a black mini skirt.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Alexander Wang Tailored Metal-Stud Jacket

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Alexander Wang Tailored Metal-Stud Jacket

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

11 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Talita October 16, 2009 at 20:32 #

Malin’s dress is not my favorite and her hair style makes the look even more plain.
    The Philip Lim dress didn’t flatter Kristin at all, she’s so skinny but I though she looked fat, maybe a belt would have make it work.

2. Linda October 16, 2009 at 21:21 #

I wish Malin Ackerman had styled her dress a little closer to how it is shown in the picture. Why mess with something that looks that good?

3. Matt October 16, 2009 at 21:29 #

Kim Kardashian has become one of my favorites, style wise, I can’t stomach her most of the time, her attention starving ways is something I can do without. But is it me or is her face looking a little nipped and tucked?

Gina Gershon on the other hand should have taken off the last five things she put on. Who advised her to put a bouquet in her hair?

4. heather ♥ October 16, 2009 at 23:55 #

I actually love that Phillip Lim dress, but somehow it just does not translate well on Kristen Bell at ALL.

• Fashion Critic October 17, 2009 at 00:06 #

At ALL, At ALL totally agree.

5. fashion addict October 17, 2009 at 00:00 #

MATT !!!! I luv U!!!! yes What the ????? did she do to that face and losing the weight makes her look top heavy, leave the wife-beater at home its! Fall by a shirt pleazzzz and poor Gina love her as an actress but hay, you can’t have everything!

6. YSLGirl October 17, 2009 at 14:31 #

I have suddenly gone off those YSL Divine Booties because of Kim Kardashian. She is so horribly unoriginal. She just follows what everyone else wears. Somebody needs to tell her to go away and slap her back to reality!

7. jeremy October 17, 2009 at 22:33 #

The KardASSians, the Hiltons and so many other slutty girls in Hollywood are like the curse for young, new designers. Sophisticated people feel degraded just knowing the fact that they and these people wearing clothes from the same houses.

• MEME October 18, 2009 at 09:34 #

I agree……..

8. MEME October 18, 2009 at 09:33 #

Kim Kardashian needs to refrain from all of that plastic surgery……. her face is startin’ to look like Cat Woman……..

9. Landy October 20, 2009 at 17:56 #

OMG! I totally agree Kim has nipped & tucked a little too much and its becoming obvious. I love her style…. although Monica Rose the stylist deserves most of the credit for the makeover.