Runway To The 2009 Los Premios MTV Latin America Awards Stage

Nelly Furtado wore another studded beige look from Elie Saab’s Spring 2010 collection.

To perform her single “Mi Plan” she wore a chic fitted jacket encrusted in metallic sequins and coordinating draped mini skirt.

She paired her second look with the same peep-toe shoes from the red carpet and fishnet tights.

Nelly’s 3rd Elie Saab look of the night was a navy chiffon dress, with a pixelated printed strips.

The looked was slightly modified as Nelly’s dress has a draped neckline.  The dress was haltered on the runway.

Keeping the fishnet tights, Nelly this time wears platform strappy sandals.

This was my favourite Nelly/Elie look of the night despite her red carpet look being my favourite from the runway out of the 3 looks she wore.

Kelly Rowland hit her second bum notes of the night.

This time wearing a hideous Pam Hogg Fall 2009 gold, black and silver spandex jumpsuit.

I don’t know how anyone can look at themselves in the mirror wearing this monstrosity and say to themselves, “I rock in this look. It’s perfectly acceptable to be seen in public wearing this jumpsuit”.

No Rowland. Hell no.  Not even on stage. * shudders*

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2009 Los Premios MTV Latin America Awards

2009 Los Premios MTV Latin America Awards

Keep A Child Alive’s 6th Annual Black Ball

Keep A Child Alive’s 6th Annual Black Ball

14 Responses to Runway To The 2009 Los Premios MTV Latin America Awards Stage

1. eimear October 16, 2009 at 14:07 #

yeah that jumpsuit is hideous, when peaches geldof wore it was even worse!

• Linda October 16, 2009 at 14:31 #

Peaches Geldof wore that???? I’m speechless.

2. Linda October 16, 2009 at 14:31 #

The first one looks like it was made for someone a little older.

3. Ms Miller October 16, 2009 at 14:54 #

I don’t think it’s that bad, especially if you consider it costume rather than an outfit. She wore way worse things made by beyonce’s mum when she was in destiny’s child! And she looks better than amber rose did in the silver version

4. Powell October 16, 2009 at 15:22 #

Rowland’s hair and makeup seem disconnected to the jumpsuit.

5. afraid to give my name ... October 16, 2009 at 16:03 #

I can’t believe I’m saying this …. but I kinda like it. It’s so over the top and shiny! Very 80′s glame rock look. And, Halloween is soooo near. :) yeah, I’m gonna blame Halloween.
    I keep looking at the suit thinking I should be wrong, but … I still like it.
    sorry!

6. Leo October 16, 2009 at 17:51 #

Kylie would’ve rocked the Pam Hogg Fall 2009 jumpsuit, and there’s the only person I can picture looking good in that. And as a stage costume.

I did not like Nelly in any of the Elie Saab gowns, they are all beautiful, on the runway they look fantastic, but she looks just regular on them. There’s something off about it, in proportion and style.

• Fashion Critic October 16, 2009 at 17:54 #

I agree, she made them very regular.

Just nice, no wow factor like on the runway

7. Kaltham October 16, 2009 at 18:15 #

come on guys.. i like Kelly’s outfit.. it’s not that bad..

8. EasyBlake October 17, 2009 at 01:02 #

I don’t think Nelly’s dress is modified, she isn’t wearing the halter part around her neck and has spread the shoulder straps a bit.

Also, love the site, love your commentary (even when I don’t agree!). I find myself checking in multiple times a day – you’re addictive!

• Fashion Critic October 17, 2009 at 10:58 #

I said the look is modified from the runway. I did explain that the draped effect was haltered on the runway.

9. Carolina October 17, 2009 at 05:48 #

For Nelly’s 3rd Elie Saab look, I think she just let the halter strap hang down to create the draping effect…it kind of looks like it to me!

• Fashion Critic October 17, 2009 at 10:55 #

I thought that it what I explained. Maybe it didn’t translate that well

10. Eighty Jane October 17, 2009 at 21:28 #

you know, i think the Hogg body suit could have made sense on someone else… Kelly is cool (i’m routing for her) but she just doesn’t have the style chops to carry that kind of extreme fashion. and oy i wish she’d change that heavy hair!