16.10.09

Keep A Child Alive’s 6th Annual Black Ball

Kerry Washington’s Marchesa Spring 2010 gown with a flared hem and a white corsage detail is gorgeous, but I’m not quite getting the feeling that Kerry is owning it.

She looks a little lost in this gown, which is very unlike her.

It’s like she’s not feeling it at all.

Her look is paired with a Marchesa crocodile clutch which is also from the Spring 2010 collection.

Iman continues wow me time after time and this is no exception.

The supermodel wore a black sequined Thakoon Fall 2009 one-shouldered belted dress which is too spectacular for words.

I adore the draping and the tulle bow detail which sits on her shoulder.

Her sleek bob and smoky make-up complete this perfect look.

As beautiful as Halle Berry is this slashed black Kaufman Franco sequin dress, it looks too tight around her bust which really puts me off this look.

Paula Patton adds a touch of colour via her long sleeved fitted dress which she pairs with a deep red clutch and gladiator sandals.

Not something one would expect at a ball, but I do love this dress.

My biggest problem with Estelle’s look is that she looks so uncomfortable.

Between the tie and the shirt dress button up to the top, she looks so restricted.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Sienna Miller In Christian Dior - Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

Sienna Miller In Christian Dior – Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

Runway To The Irene Diamond Award Gala - Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier

Runway To The Irene Diamond Award Gala – Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier

10 Responses to Keep A Child Alive’s 6th Annual Black Ball

1. LeeAnn October 16, 2009 at 16:35 #

IMAN is fabulous
    Hallee is stunning but despite the dress not because of it

2. mol October 16, 2009 at 16:46 #

Again, the fabulous Iman!

3. Marlena October 16, 2009 at 16:51 #

Iman seems to be wearing black sheer tights?? i it is not a good look!

4. Tania October 16, 2009 at 16:56 #

Estelle needed to show some neck that’s what wrong with this look.
    Halle looks fantastic I need that dress in my wardrobe.
    Iman as always stunning.

5. YSLGirl October 16, 2009 at 17:39 #

Iman is the only one who really stands out here.

Kerry Washington…I don’t get the praise for this girl. She always looks constipated when she’s posing. She has the same “I’m lost.” expression her face. It’s not new!

And speaking of constipation, does Estelle need a number two or is that dress really tight? The same with Halle Berry. While the dress looks great on her, WAY TOO TIGHT and trying too hard to be sexy. Sexy comes naturally to her, she doesn’t need to dress like this.

6. Leo October 16, 2009 at 17:56 #

Iman re-introduces our chins to the ground, once again. Drop dead gorgeous! All that tulle is a very tricky thing to pull off, but she owns it so much. In love.

Halle’s dress is a bit too tight to my taste. It reminds of a dress Christina Aguilera wore, and rocked way better.

It is very rare for Kerry Washington to disappoint me, but she did, everyone has off days. It’s too much of a dress for her frame, she is not quite up there with all the drama of it.

7. Catherine October 16, 2009 at 18:22 #

SUPERMODEL FACE-OFF!!!!! Hilary Rhoda wore Iman’s dress to the Costume Institute Gala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fashion Critic October 16, 2009 at 18:23 #

I forgot about that thank you.

8. Linda October 16, 2009 at 21:08 #

Wow, Halle Berry’s dress is a size too small. Love Paula Patton’s dress.

9. fashion addict October 17, 2009 at 00:11 #

I luv Halle she is a flawless beauty and looks great for her age but sadly the dress is too tight, 1 off day to here many 99% winnings in Marchesa days, Paula looks great, love the mix in looks , she is sooo unique, so glad someone is willing tooo be different….everyone always looks the same!! Kudo’s Kerry’s dress is a bit much for her but, I give her a thumb’s up for trying and IMAN looks FAB, love it when she shows how its done at !! and i forgot Cindy looked Awesome too!!!
    P>s. Estelle’s dress is great, just not on her….Sorry