15.10.09

Social Events Of The Week

Out & About in Double Bay, Sydney

Miranda Kerr was out shopping wearing an Isabel Marant Fall 2009 ensemble.

She combined a leopard print skirt, a boyfriend blazer and a grey sweater to achieve her off-duty look.

The manly boots are not what I would have worn, as they make her feet look really long.

It’s Y!ou Yahoo! Yodel Competition, New York

LeAnn Rimes is the 6th or 7th celebrity to have worn this Kimberly Ovitz Jacob jersey mini dress, but she’s the only one to have belted the dress.

It’s now the most worn dress on the red carpet, which really surprises me as I much preferred the Kimberly Ovitz Martin jersey cutout dress which was also favoured by AnnaLynne McCord and Olivia Wilde.

Philippe West Hollywood Opening Celebration, LA

Serena Williams wore navy patent heels and sheer shimmering tights with her 3.1 Phillip Lim beaded silk dress.

I don’t hate this look, but I’m sure some might argue her legs are too muscular for this dress but I would disagree.

My biggest problem is the champagne clutch.

Hammerstein Ballroom, New York

Kylie Minogue was greeted by her fans outside New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom were she has been performing.

The petite pop princess might have had a hectic schedule, but she wasn’t showing any signs of fatigue as she look beautiful wearing a YSL Fall 2009 grey jumpsuit, paired with a lace bandeau.

After the show she looked even better wearing a high-neck leather dress, paired with the same YSL Divine boots we’ve seen on Diane Kruger.

Ritz Carlton Hotel, New York

Jessica Simpson was spotted leaving her hotel in New York en route to the “FFANY Shoes On Sale” wearing a black belted coat from Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 collection.

16th Annual QVC Presents FFANY Shoes On Sale, New York

When Jessica arrived at the event she whipped off her Stella McCartney coat to reveal a black and silver paillette covered Dolce & Gabbana LBD paired with a wrap-around black belt plus Debista 2 Pumps from her own footwear line.

Her hair was swept up into a messy up ‘do, whilst her eyes were sultry and smoky.

National Museum Of The American Latino Commission Press Conference, Washington

Eva Longoria wore a red Diane von Furstenberg sheath dress paired with nude pumps.

I would’ve never considered red and nude together, but it’s a very interesting colour combination.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Sienna Miller wore Pierre Hardy suede pumps paired a black harem pant jumpsuit with a bejeweled shrug.

I’m not particularly crazy about the top layered part of the jumpsuit, but she looks beautiful as always.

2009 MAD Paperball Gala

Rose McGowan matched her bright red lips with her red structured bow accented top and a black mini skirt.

Her vintage Bill Blass ensemble certainly has the wow factor.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & Wireimage

In Serena Williams' Closet - 3.1 Phillip Lim Beaded Silk Dress

In Serena Williams’ Closet – 3.1 Phillip Lim Beaded Silk Dress

Who Wore Julia Clancey Better? LeAnn Rimes or Shanna Moakler

Who Wore Julia Clancey Better? LeAnn Rimes or Shanna Moakler

15 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie October 15, 2009 at 18:23 #

kylie looks amazing in both these looks, never really been a fan of leather dresses but that dress is really nice. she also wore that dress to the nobel prize concert in 2008. the jumpsuit is fabvulous simple but still chic.

do you have any idea about this outfit? which is equally gorgeous to the previous 2 she wore.

2. mol October 15, 2009 at 18:31 #

It’s the length of Serena’s dress that doesn’t work for me – it seems shorter and less curved at the hem than the one the model is wearing, and that somehow changes the spatial relationship between the beaded ‘necklace’ and hem…and lastly, that photo of Sienna with her hair swinging is gorg!

3. Mira October 15, 2009 at 18:35 #

Jessica Simpson’s dress is a Dolce and Gabbana creation. Its up for sale on neimanmarcus.com

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 19:19 #

Thanks. I’m on the blackberry at the moment

I’ll update when back on the pc

• Powell October 15, 2009 at 20:58 #

I like the shape and structure of Simpson’s the Stella McCartney coat on Jessica Simpson. The black + belted bow is sophisticute.

4. Kim October 15, 2009 at 18:40 #

Eva looks gorgeous in such a simple outfit. I think red and nude work well together.

5. Flutterbang October 15, 2009 at 18:55 #

I get the weird impression that Rose McGowan was attempting some kind of tripped out Geisha thing there…I don’t hate it, but I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say I liked it, either.

6. mm October 15, 2009 at 19:29 #

On the model the Phillip Lim dress looks more like a flapper dress form the 20s but on Serena i just think Ice Capades.

7. YSLGirl October 15, 2009 at 19:33 #

Sienna Miller hasn’t wowed me in ages, though I heard that she has intentionally been more low-key, fashion-wise recently because she wanted to be known for her acting.

A lot of people are wearing Ovitz, but I’m surprised by the amount of people wearing Isabel Marant recently, too. Add Miranda Kerr to that list!

Jessica Simpson should be kept away from good clothes.

Kylie Minogue looks great on both occasions. Those YSL shoes…I really want.

8. Raquel October 15, 2009 at 21:31 #

Jessica’s dress is a bad choice, makes her chest look twice bigger.

I dislike Serena’s clutch, too, but it is the make up I hate.

Kylie is perfection.

9. Kim October 15, 2009 at 21:42 #

Miranda looks a MESS!

10. Sally October 16, 2009 at 05:09 #

Rose McGowan looks amazing. So good to see her back on the Red Carpet. Gorgeous.

11. Alfredo October 16, 2009 at 07:37 #

Ugh I don’t like Miranda Kerr, well at least not as a VS Angel.

No Words on Serena, the dress is nice but not on her, would of prefered Blake Lively or Katy Perry to wear it.

Kylie Looks AMAZING on both of her looks, the black dress should be up in contention for BBOTW.

Jessica Simpson is looking better now (I’m so sorry on her loss, Daisy must of been like a daughter to her, I know my pooch Miranda is, she’s the same type of dog as Jessica’s that’s why I feel for her), I would just take the pocket flaps away from her jacket and we’re looking even better.

And Eva Longoria looks great as usual, I’m so glad that 40’s movie star hair is back!

12. MEME October 16, 2009 at 14:36 #

I remember Cassie wearing that leather dress Kylie Minogue has on a while back in 2008…….. you should do a poll…….

13. La:Dolce:Vita October 17, 2009 at 20:56 #

I agree with Meme! The leather dress Kylie has on looks a lot the Alice and Oliva dress Cassie wore from Fall 2008.