“In Performance At The White House: Fiesta Latina”

The South Lawn at the White House was transformed into “Fiesta Latina” – a night to celebrate Latin Music.

Eva Longoria can add ‘host’ as a profession on her CV as she hosted this event, as well as the ALMA’s last month.

At the ALMA’s we saw many wardrobe changed from Eva, but on this occasion she wore just a Reem Acra Spring 2008 gold tulle embroidered dress.

I love the way the dress was unexpectedly paired with a purple belt on the runway, but I’m glad Eva decided not to wear the runway belt as the dress is even more spectacular without it.

Not so crazy about the hair though.

Jennifer Lopez wore a bronze mini dress with a flared skirt, accented with a bow at the waist.

It’s a cute dress, but I can’t help but thinking it would look better on someone like Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez.

Kristen Dunst wore this dress front row at the Rodarte Spring 2010 show, so I would assume that this dress is by the Mulleavy sisters. The reason I assume this is because I can’t find a runway picture.

Gloria Estefan’s “Anything For You” is still one of my favourite albums of all time and I have loved her my whole life.

The beautiful singer looked out-friggin-standing wearing a black ruched Dolce & Gabbana gown with a mermaid hem – she’s giving me chills.

Like my other childhood heroines she just gets better with age.

“Fiesta Latina” night at the White House will be broadcast in full on PBS tonight in the US.

Credit: NYmag.com, Rex Features & London Features

Last Night In London

Last Night In London

"Couples Retreat" Germany Promotional Tour

“Couples Retreat” Germany Promotional Tour

22 Responses to “In Performance At The White House: Fiesta Latina”

1. Leo October 15, 2009 at 13:24 #

I love Gloria too! She looks like a true diva in her dress, it shows her amazing curves and even make her look longer.

Eva’s dress would actually look better with a belt I think, maybe not a purple one. It looks a bit shapeless on her and it looks more interesting on the runway with how it creates curves on such a thin model.

La Lopez’s dress is a Rodarte I think, didn’t Michelle Obama wear something like that from them recentlly? I think for a olympic event, regarding Chicago 2016.
    Back to Jennifer. She could have worn the same dress but without it showing so much leg, have it been fuller on the skirt, it would actuallly be a good look for her. Love her more natural make-up, but that’s the only thing I love.

2. Daneka October 15, 2009 at 13:28 #

I LOVE mermaid style gowns! The dress is beautiful.

3. julia October 15, 2009 at 14:34 #

keira knightley wore the same dress jennifer lopez wore and I always wanted to know who designed it…but i don’t think its Rodarte…it’s not typical for them i think…

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 14:39 #

I was 50/50 with regards to Rodarte, so now I will have to dig deeper before I do a WWIB poll.

Thanks

• YSLGirl October 15, 2009 at 16:41 #

Keira Knightley never wore that dress, Kirsten Dunst did.

And it’s definitely Rodarte. Mytheresa or luisaviaroma (one of those sites) have the purple one available.

Sometimes they make outfits that are not made for the runway.

Anyway, Kirsten Dunst wore that dress MUCH better than Jennifer Lopez. She made it look horribly cutesy.

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 16:45 #

Thanks. I found it.

Poll goes up tomorrow.

• julia October 15, 2009 at 17:18 #

keira wore that dress: http://i42.tinypic.com/2vspy0z.jpg

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 17:29 #

Ok. Just not on the red carpet

thanks

• Iris October 15, 2009 at 17:20 #

Keira wore that dress here:

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 17:30 #

thanks guys.

You have been a real help with dress today.

• YSLGirl October 15, 2009 at 17:58 #

Ah, she did! For some reason, I thought she didn’t, but then as soon as I hit the send button, I thought I saw her wearing that dress, then I remembered, Empire magazine! I actually own that copy, too!

Sorry for that.

Oh and no problem FC. I can’t wait for the poll. I think Keira and Kirsten wore the dress well, but I’ll give Kirsten the edge!

• julia October 16, 2009 at 17:07 #

can’t find it =(
        i hope i could have a link when the poll’s on?!

4. julia October 15, 2009 at 15:07 #

i found a similar dress but it’s from fall 2007…
    but it must have been reall really modified *gg*

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 15:20 #

Hmmm…the jury is out. If it is this dress it was really really modified as you say :)

5. mol October 15, 2009 at 16:16 #

Gloria E. looks outstanding, best I have ever seen her; from the waist up JLo looks stunning too, but I don’t really like the skirt on her, too short and full.

6. Kim October 15, 2009 at 18:42 #

Eva looks great here but HATE the hair. I imagine an old Hollywood glamour hairstyle with this dress.

7. justme October 15, 2009 at 18:56 #

I think Eva’s waist is not defined so she should’ve worn the belt imo.

Jennifer’s dress definitely feels young lol but she looks nice in it so I’m gonna let it slide.

Didn’t Rihanna wear that D&G dress but in green?

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 19:16 #

Yes it has been worn by a few people in black and grren

It’s one of those dresses that been around for a while

8. Alfredo October 16, 2009 at 07:41 #

Again Eva looks great, just part the hair to one side and were good. I love how she always looks so apropriate for any event.

Jenifer looks nice, better. For the most part I think she’s overrated in the style department, but she looks good here, I like how the dress makes her legs look more toned and accentuates the oh so sexy curve on the side of her knees.

Gloria Estefan looks amazing, such class this woman posseses.

9. Bella October 16, 2009 at 09:36 #

Love these dresses!

I agree about Eva’s hair. I like the dress with and without the belt tho.

Jennifer’s dress has a young, playful flirty look to it but she pulls it off and looks great! Besides Keira and Kirsten, I also read somewhere that Jada Pinkett Smith wore it, not sure how true that is.

Gloria looks amazing!

10. XOXO October 17, 2009 at 07:03 #

J.Lo looks sooooo good! She always looks chic to me.

11. FT October 20, 2009 at 17:46 #

Jennifer Lopez had a cute dress, she pulled it off well, looks better in photos than it did in the video footage but I have to tell you, it was the wrong dress for the event. She should have gone more classy and less quinceañera!!