Who Wore Gryphon Better? Ciara or Serena Williams

Ciara attended the Los Angeles Premiere of “Orphan” in July wearing a Gryphon sequin racerback tank paired with leather pants and black pumps.

This was back in the day when she was sporting a shorter cropped ‘do.

Serena Williams wore the same sparkling tank to the “Whip It” premiere last month, opting to wear hers with a black blazer, cropped pants, black heels and gold accessories.

I love way both ladies wore this look. Ciara’s look was edgy, whereas Serena look was very smart.

I’m not a big fan of leather pants, especially when worn in summer so I will give the win to Serena.

Credit: Wireimage

Style Spotlight - Anna Dello Russo

Style Spotlight – Anna Dello Russo

In Blake Lively's Closet - Smythe Tweed Slouchy Boyfriend Blazer

In Blake Lively’s Closet – Smythe Tweed Slouchy Boyfriend Blazer

7 Responses to Who Wore Gryphon Better? Ciara or Serena Williams

1. Lee October 14, 2009 at 08:20 #

Think a top like that should not be tucked in…

2. Sarah October 14, 2009 at 15:53 #

There’s just something really not right about the fit of Serena’s pants. From the middle up she looks great, but i can’t get past how awkward the bottom half looks. Plus, Ciara looks so fierce!

3. hannah s. October 15, 2009 at 00:54 #

ciara looks great, i dont know with u??? why do u have so much problem with leather pants and black pumps??? u always criticize when they wear pumps and u always prefer strappy sandals even if pumps look way better with the outfit…

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2009 at 01:02 #

Sorry I didn’t realize I couldn’t express my opinion on my website…geez why do I have to have this same issue every week….so tiring anyway here I go again…..

I don’t like leather pants, black pumps worn with everything and tights…sorry why is this a problem???????

If I offend you so much I’m sure People.com or Instyle.com will cater to your needs.

• JessNess October 15, 2009 at 01:42 #

You can not be serious.

You seriously CAN NOT be serious with your comment.

this is FC’s blog. I don’t think you understand the concept. It’s about expressing an opinion which is what she is doing.

Like she said, if you don’t like it, don’t read it.

4. mol October 15, 2009 at 02:12 #

Wow, hannah s. needs to go back to whatever play school she escaped from!

5. jill October 15, 2009 at 11:05 #

I’m with Lee. Serena would have been a shoe-in had she not tucked in her top!

Apart from that, love the gold with her warm colouring.

FC, I love your blog AND love your contests. It’s just fashion, we’re not saving lives here: and it’s all only our opinions anyway! That’s, I dunno, kind of the whole point.

Sounds like Hannah could use a little time out.