America Ferrera & Esquire Host A Save The Children Benefit

The cast of “Ugly Betty” attended two events in New York City last night, but it was only America Ferrera – host of this benefit – who had two looks.

America walked the red carpet wearing a black Moshino safety pin-embellished crepe dress paired with gold peep-toes.

I love the stunning slim-fitting silhouette plus the safety pins and Swarovski crystals embellishments, but I’m not a fan of mixing metals.

My personal preference is that you either wear gold or silver, but it’s a minor detail when she looks this amazing.

Evening With “Ugly Betty”

Becki Newton looked amazing wearing a ruffled Prabal Gurung Fall 2009 sleeveless top paired with a striped tulip skirt from the same collection.

She took a night off wearing her favourite Jimmy Choo Karina studded shoe-boots and opted for a sexy black sandal.

Perfectly petite and polished as always.

Becki picked this look out a few weeks ago during New York Fashion Week when she visited the designer at his New York studio.

I don’t know about you, but I actually prefer this look on America Ferrera.

I adore her cropped pants and the 3/4 length sleeved jacket which nips her in at the waist to give her a streamlined silhouette.

It’s such a chic interpretation of a pants suit, that I wish to emulate this look as soon as I can.

Gold peep-toes and a white v-neck tee complete the look.

Vanessa Williams adds an interesting element to her asymmetrical LBD with two tone ankle strapped heels.

[nggallery id=206]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Tina Fey In Oscar de la Renta - 2014 Tony Awards

Tina Fey In Oscar de la Renta – 2014 Tony Awards

Runway To Photo Shoot - Kate Hudson In Marchesa, Versace & Emilio Pucci

Runway To Photo Shoot – Kate Hudson In Marchesa, Versace & Emilio Pucci

8 Responses to America Ferrera & Esquire Host A Save The Children Benefit & An Evening With “Ugly Betty”

1. Jolie October 13, 2009 at 14:21 #

That ruffled Prabal Gurung sleeveless top is GORGEOUS.

2. Snarky Sharky October 13, 2009 at 14:26 #

I love that dress on America, but I go along with you on the issue of mixing metals. As for the suit, it usually looks strange when both pants and sleeves are shortened like they have shrunk

3. Lee October 13, 2009 at 15:01 #

Ooohhh I looooove Becki Newton’s outfit… she look’s fabulous and that blouse is so cute!!!

I love America’s first look – she looks fantastic!
    However, I have to disagree with you FC on her second look – that outfit is not working for me. I don’t think it gives her a streamlined silhouette at all. In fact – I think it attracts attention to her hips and waist area and that’s a big no-no considering her body type. It looks like she’s wearing a maternity pants. :(

As for Vanessa – I don’t find anything special about her lbd. It’s nice but safe. But I love her heels. :)

4. Jesse October 13, 2009 at 15:14 #

Becki’s shoes look like they may be Camilla Skovgaard.

Stunning as always

5. Ally October 13, 2009 at 15:37 #

I like the dress better on America because the pants in the suit aren’t very flattering for her. I’m not sure if they are just a little wrinkled or if there are pleats, but I feel like she could have found pants that would have looked better at the waist. Love her make-up. I hope that Ugly Betty does okay now that it has been moved to Friday!

6. Ling October 13, 2009 at 18:05 #

Almost didn’t recognise America in these pics, I thought it was Ana Ortiz (is that the right woman? The one who plays her sister in Ugly Betty? Talk about great casting …!) Love Becki’s outfit, that top is gorgeous.

• Fashion Critic October 13, 2009 at 18:06 #

yes that is her sister in the tv show

7. YSLGirl October 14, 2009 at 11:19 #

Finally something different for America. The second look is great.