I never thought I would ever see a Christian Lacroix Couture finale wedding dress off the runway, but Dita von Teese looked angelic in Paris as she posed in the gown on a shoot for Harper’s Bazaar Russia this weekend.

The ivory Fall 2009 Couture gown is embroidered with a gold leaf design, and accented with colourful roses.

Dita even wore the lace sleeved gown with the runway necklace.

I love that we get to see this look off the runway, but it would’ve been even better if they’d changed Dita’s hair and make-up for this particular shot to make the character she is trying to portray more believable.

That runway headscarf would’ve made a world of difference.

Dita’s hair and make-up on the other hand is perfect for this particular shot.

The star leans against a bicycle on a Parisian street, with her Valentino Fall 2009 Couture black coat unbuttoned revealing her stockings and suspenders and a lacy Wonderbra.

Her look is of course paired with Louboutin heels.

Very Dita.

I love the peacock style ruffled fan on this coat.

It will be interesting to see the finished editorial.

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards - Rihanna In Christian Dior

2010 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – Rihanna In Christian Dior

2009 Angel Ball to Benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation

2009 Angel Ball to Benefit Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation

7 Responses to Runway To Photo Shoot – Dita von Teese In Christian Lacroix Couture & Valentino Couture

1. robbie October 12, 2009 at 17:26 #

this is amazing, i agree they should have changed her hair and -up for the wedding dress shot. that valentino shot though WOW! those loubies are droolworthy.

2. Stuti October 12, 2009 at 18:05 #

And I was wondering where she is. :D
    I agree about the hair and make up, sort of sticks out.

3. Raquel October 12, 2009 at 19:10 #

I agree with you FC, the hair ruins the wedding dress shot. The whole look is very Russian like, every sourvenir story in Moscow has dolls like that, the hair is never loose. The scarf would have been perfect, I understand they wanted something different, but Dita’s doesn’t fit the look.

Love the black Valentino, but I wish the hair was different too. Just a for a change, I would like to see Dita out of her comfort zone.

4. SarahV October 12, 2009 at 22:40 #

I think that, if the hair and make-up were different in the first shot, you wouldn’t recognize it’s Dita.
    It’s her signature look, and I like how they combined it with a dress like that!

• Fashion Critic October 12, 2009 at 22:46 #

A signature look is fine on the red carpet, but for me I like to see something different in an editorial.

5. Linda October 13, 2009 at 01:26 #

I’m so glad we got to see that Christian Laxois dress off the runway.

6. The one October 13, 2009 at 07:40 #

I love how audacious Russian magazines seem to be in terms of using over the top couture items, even Russian Vogue always surprise me with the looks that shoot, so very nice to see this Lacroix made if off the runway.