Opening Night Of The Middle East International Film Festival

Last night was the opening night of 3rd Middle East International Film Festival.

Hilary Swank was definitely the belle of this ball looking exquisite wearing an asymmetrical Elie Saab Fall 2009 Couture draped gown, which is fully embroidered from the tip of her shoulder pad to the hem of her gown.

She’s rarely on the red carpet, but she ALWAYS delivers.

I’ve waited most of the day to post this hoping to find a picture from the front, but this side on shot is all I could find.

Demi Moore was also at this ceremony looking drop-dead gorgeous.

The actress wore a strapless J. Mendel Pre-Fall 2009 gown which has a gold lining.

The simple dress is paired with a black pearls necklace, and a black/gold clutch which perfectly matches her gown.

Egyptian actress and jury member Menna Shalabi wore a Naeem Khan Spring 2009 strapless gown.

I always loved how this grey gown with a ombre orange skirt looked like a flame when the model walked the runway.

Freida Pinto wore a simple black gown with cut-out detail on the waist.

The gold trim on her dress complemented her gold clutch and the gold ribbons in her hair.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

17 thoughts on “Opening Night Of The Middle East International Film Festival

1. justme

Hillary looks amazing.

I wish Demi would’ve skipped that necklace but she still looks good.

That Naeem Khan dress is something else. Who knew grey and orange would look so great together? I’m not sure Menna does it justice but a fabulous gown is a fabulous gown.

I don’t know about Freida. I’m not feeling it…

2. Cheryl

omg! everyone looks so great here. Hillary and Demi look awesome! That grey and ombre orange dress moves so beautifully on the runway. I only wish Menna Shalabi did a “paris hilton” where she moved the fabric of the dress around to show more movement and fluidity…Meanwhile I’m not really wowed by Freida? where’s the fire?

3. robbie

hilary, on the model it looks great on hilary not so much. she looks like a bride who got in a fight.

demi, its gorgeous a bit plain but i love the gold lining and the black and gold clutch.

menna, on the model is if perfection looks amazing, on menna though its meh. the dressed so much better with movement. but grey and orange looks good together.

freida, its very pretty she looks good love the hair.

4. Kim

I like Demi’s hair, make up, necklace etc. The fit of the dress was perfect. I don’t know how she took such a “plain” looking gown and made it look so fabulous.

5. La Poubelle

this is one of the best dressed red carpet’s i’ve seen in a while
    hilary stole the show but grey and orange? who knew?

6. nicole

i think hilary looks to bridal and im not a fan of the one long sleeve.
    demi wow she is just a knockout
    the orange and grey dress flows fell .. the eyeshadow is a no no IMO
    Freida looks great! love the hair

7. mol

That Naeem Khan dress in motion is one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen in awhile – I love your description of it looking ‘like a flame’

8. Raquel

I’m with Nicole, Hillary looks too bridal, but maybe it’s the white wall behind her.

Demi always deliver.

9. Alfredo

Ooooh how I Had high expectations for whoever wore that Saab. I’m dissaponted. Hilary looks to plain and does not do this gown justice. Frieda wins for me out of default.

10. Teleholic

My jaw dropped when I saw Hilary, she looks amazing. I don’t think it’s too bridal because there’s a lot going on that give it the feel of a red carpet gown rather than a bridal gown. For Freida, I don’t think the gold ribbons are on the hair, I think it’s part of the dress. I do wish she’d go for more color though, we have enough celebrities who don’t seem to like color very much.

11. Susana

I like the grey and orange gown, but whereas the dress looks weightless and ethereal on the model, it looks too heavy on Menna Shalabi. It isn’t lke a matter of motion on it, but a matter of a different fabric. I know that’s not possible, but…
    I’m not feeling Freida dress, but her cute hairdress and beautiful smile makes me want to give her a nod although this time she doesn’t live up to my expectations on her.

12. antoneLLina

DEMI YOU ARE SMOKIN’ HOT…but still classy. tell me your secret,please!!!
    freida……are u serious?i don’t like anything here…

13. Crazyfashionaddict

Can I just say , that I hate Demi Moore with a passion ? How is it possible for her to look better every single day ? She looks better today than she did 10 years ago. What the hell is she eating and drinking ? Ahhhhhhh !!!!!!