08.10.09

Victoria Beckham For Elle US October 2009

Victoria Beckham graced the October 2009 issue of Elle US wearing a Hussein Chalayan Fall 2009 mini dress, whilst reflecting the sunlight off her Judith Leiber ‘Chocolate Bar’ Minaudiere champagne clutch.

It’s a strong pose and she looks fierce.  I love that she is not totally predictable here.

On the subscriber’s cover Victoria is wearing a Christian Dior Fall 2009 Couture look complete with runway stockings.

This was my favourite picture, until I wondered where her other arm was.

The rest of her editorial sees Victoria wearing the same Valentino dress Rose Byrne wore to the Emmy’s, the same Stella McCartney jumpsuit the designer wore to the Costume Institute gala, plus a Diane von Furstenberg swimsuit, a Roberto Cavalli dress and of course one of her own dresses features in the editorial.

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On life in America: “You know, I love America. It’s such a positive country. When people say to me, ‘How long did it take for you to adjust? Poor you, it must’ve been really difficult’ – poor me? I’m living in Beverly Hills. I’m very, very lucky. I wake up every morning and I recognize that I’m blessed.”

On being apart from David while he was in Milan: “I felt like someone had chopped my arm off, to be completely honest. Everything we do, we do together. I very rarely go out on my own, unless it’s a work commitment.

On their private family life: “David and I have a working relationship together, and we also have a private life together. Someone used the example recently of Brad and Angelina. They might be in a movie together, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to let someone film them at home. I don’t do ‘at homes’ with my family. I don’t march my kids down red carpets. It’s just not how we choose to do things.”

On her TV preferences: “I’ve done Nip/Tuck, Brothers & Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice. Then I got into Gossip Girl. I’m beyond obsessed with that show.”

On her style: “There are celebrities who always look great, always look pretty, but it’s always the same hair, the same makeup, and I find that quite boring. I want to change it up, do something really creative. I think that might be why women like me.”

On stories she got her breast implants replaces with a smaller size: “We should just not talk about each other’s boobs.”

On her kids: “[They] bloody well will work. Same as myself, same as David. They’re not going to be the kind of kids that just hang about. I want them to be able to fulfill their passions, but I think it’s important that the children grow up and have respect for themselves.”

Credit: Style.com & Elle

Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Front Row & After Party

Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Front Row & After Party

RM by Roland Mouret Spring 2010

RM by Roland Mouret Spring 2010

25 Responses to Victoria Beckham For Elle US October 2009

1. Barbara October 8, 2009 at 16:04 #

i like her in stella mccartney!!!!

2. melissa October 8, 2009 at 16:31 #

hello, any clearer picture of the roberto cavalli dress? :)

3. Marvel October 8, 2009 at 16:32 #

In her intervew she seems like a robot! You can tell she out so much thought into what she was going to say, its too reherased, The picsre nice but she needs to move on from Hepburn (I Love Hepurn but Victoria ruins it). SHe said she likes to switch it up but she ALWAYS wear pencil dresses.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 16:48 #

I understand what you mean about the interview.

She gives lots of sound bites which you have read in other interviews.

• Marvel October 8, 2009 at 17:23 #

YESS!!!
        i hve definetly heard th quote about her loving life in LA and why she doesnt understand why people feel sprry for her living in LA

• lan October 8, 2009 at 23:01 #

i think a bit of the problem is though that she also generally gets asked the same questions “how are you finding america”, “whats it like without david being around”.. so its probs a little hard for her to come up with different answers all the time.

4. alyss October 8, 2009 at 16:36 #

Lol @ the quote about her style.

• marika October 8, 2009 at 19:21 #

i know right? ‘…it’s always the same hair, the same makeup, and I find that quite boring.’ i don’t wanna sound like a meanie but she was unaware that she was exactly describing herself.

• Lee October 9, 2009 at 09:07 #

I thought the exact same thing! Like hello, you’re contradicting yourself woman!!!

5. Ling October 8, 2009 at 16:58 #

Love her in the Valentino dress – she looks so much softer, so different! She definitely makes it more magical than Rose Byrne in it.

6. JMC October 8, 2009 at 17:11 #

I absolutely LOVED this editorial! I think it was my favorite one of hers to date. I am glad that they didn’t feature her in tons of her own designs – they rather chose just one and made it simple. The other outfits she wore were great – I loved the Hussein Chalayan and Dior ensembles and she looked amazing in the Stella piece.

7. antoneLLina October 8, 2009 at 17:36 #

she is totally a model. love the pictures|

8. Camilla October 8, 2009 at 19:14 #

Hmm. Interesting. Ridiculous comment about her own style, she does NOT change it up at all these days. Wouldn’t say she’s ‘totally a model’, in only two images do we see her eyes, and even then she’s not connected with the camera. The photographs will have been strongly directed, though she does wear the clothes well, and it’s nice to see her wearing different styles.

9. Vera October 8, 2009 at 20:15 #

Outstanding is Stella McCartney. Victoria made this jumpsuit a real must-have.

10. Bego October 8, 2009 at 20:16 #

mmmm…. she and david like angelina and brad? don’t make me laugh, pleeeeeaaaaseeeee.

11. Bego October 8, 2009 at 20:18 #

sorry, i just read: “I think that might be why women like me” ….. no comments on that.

12. Matt October 8, 2009 at 21:00 #

She does know how to model, that not smiling thing totally works for this photoshoot. Is it me or does her boobs on the first cover look quite painful to look at?. But she killed that Stella McCartney Look, she looks amazing/

• Lee October 9, 2009 at 09:09 #

haha totally agree with the boobs looking odd!

13. amelia October 8, 2009 at 21:16 #

great editorial, I don’t like Victoria and never really understood how and why she became a ‘style icon’, but she looks really great here, especially in the Dior suit and Valentino dress.

14. Lala/S-R October 8, 2009 at 23:22 #

Welcome back, VB! I love the cover dress. Definately grabbing me a copy of this edition!

15. Roge October 8, 2009 at 23:41 #

Stunning editorial. She looks lovely, love the cover, Stella, her own and the Valentino looks.

16. barbara October 9, 2009 at 00:54 #

her clothes arent totally predictible here, HER WORDS ARE! how many times has she repeated every single thing?

17. Alfredo October 9, 2009 at 10:49 #

I like her (though I will forever hate her for that debauchery of a haircut she launched). I think deep down she really is a great person and knows what she wants, but most people will call her a robotic b!tch since they only look at her most of the time. While I might not like how she looks most of the time, she’s cool with me. Her best look is the Stella McCartney suit.

18. Kath October 9, 2009 at 14:56 #

I must say that I never “got ” her style icon atatus. I do now! Ske is killer in this editorial. She wears it all SO well!!!

19. T. March 24, 2010 at 16:11 #

Where are the shoes from the 3th picture (Diane von Furstenberg) from?
    Nice shoot, beautiful Victoria.