08.10.09

More Elie Saab Spring 2010

This morning I woke up like a kid on Christmas Day, and my gift was to relive the Elie Saab Spring 2010 collection via Style.com.

Yesterday I gave you the video from the show, today the pictures.

As I said yesterday, each look was more spectacular than the previous.

Although I mentioned Beyonce yesterday, I would love to see someone statuesque like Tilda Swinton wearing the long pixelated print fitted gown.

Blake Lively could rock in the short asymmetrical print dress or the nude asymmetrical embellished mini and Thandie Newton in the plunging print mini.

The evening blue and nude gown I see on Penelope Cruz, and if Nicole Kidman could wear something other than what her stylist L’Wren Scott had created I would love to see her wearing the one-shouldered embellished gown.

I hope Rachel Zoe and all the other superstar stylists are selecting for their clients as I type.

Nelly Furtado looked gorgeous wearing a contouring dove grey wool crepe Elie Saab Fall 2009 dress.

Whilst Dita Von Teese looked ultra elegant in the front row wearing a chic black wool crepe fitted Elie Saab Fall 2009 dress, which has been modified from the runway.

Credit: Style.com

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Jennifer Morrison or Vanessa Minnillo

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Jennifer Morrison or Vanessa Minnillo

YSL Spring 2010

YSL Spring 2010

16 Responses to More Elie Saab Spring 2010

1. FashionLover October 8, 2009 at 10:24 #

My mind is just killing me to see who will wear the full length pix elated dress!the non sheer one!
    just gorgeous!
    cannot say this enough…gorgeous!

2. Paulie October 8, 2009 at 10:28 #

Love the nude gown! Great with dark hair.

3. cartouche October 8, 2009 at 12:11 #

Great Collection!
    I would like to watch looks on this fashion world. I like 5th and 10th most, totally different from others. Thank you for posting this blog.

4. Bego October 8, 2009 at 12:15 #

the long blue dress is amazing !

5. Rock*Star October 8, 2009 at 12:15 #

FashionLover:

Same here! Can’t wait to see who wears that dress. The pixelated pieces r my favs. I wish I could hold them close and take a good look at them lol

OH and I wish Dita didn’t modify the dress. She’s been wearing a lot of black lately. But still beautiful & FABULOUS!

6. Cheryl October 8, 2009 at 13:09 #

Gohgeous, Dahling! Love love LOVE Elie Saab!!! I especially love that long black gown with the shoulder embellishments as I think Queen Cate (you know who I mean) will look great in it!! I miss me some TIlda and Cate…I need some HIGH FASHION that’s actually HIGH FASHION!!! ^_^

7. Ally October 8, 2009 at 13:16 #

I can hear Rachel Zoe in my head saying “I die” over and over at each look. LOVE the last row. THAT is how you bring back in 80s neons. Diane Kruger would look amazing in so many of these. I’d love to see the last dress on the second row on Kate Winslet.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 13:45 #

I can so hear her too.

I never thought of Diane, she would be perfect for those nude pieces.

8. justme October 8, 2009 at 13:52 #

I feel like crying lol… beautiful pieces.
    I really like the pixelated prints row. I spy some very funky mini dresses.

9. Chloe October 8, 2009 at 14:07 #

1st the collection is beyond gorgeous so am not gonna talk about it.
    i just wanted to ask you fashion critic if you noticed that nelly furtado and dita exchanged their looks (each wore the other’s dress before)

10. Nitasha October 8, 2009 at 14:36 #

I have never seen such stunning prints and surface ornamentation in any one collection! Every piece is gorgeous! Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Charlize Theron, Thandie Newton and Rachel Weisz need to wear these dresses. Oh, and Anne Hathway in the red mini :)

11. lee October 8, 2009 at 15:34 #

FC, you were so right about this line. I had to pick my jaw off the floor just now.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 15:36 #

I think my jaw is still in Paris somewhere.

Oscars, Golden Globes, SAG Awards.

Please please please.

12. mol October 8, 2009 at 17:59 #

Thanks for these pix F.C. – I love the pixelated prints, they are stunning, but overall i just love the simplicity, the draping, the fluidity of this Elie Saab collection, it’s all very body enhancing and light. Compared to this, I find Marchesa over cooked (just referring to one of our reader’s comment that he preferred Marchesa to Saab….but it’s all just personal preferrence, so no offence meant!)

13. Vera October 8, 2009 at 20:13 #

Many designers opted for something safe and thaditional – for their brand – because of the crisis, but this is just… BREATHTAKING collection.

Very well done.

14. Joana Oliveira October 8, 2009 at 23:35 #

I always liked Elie Saabs collections but never really Loved, but with this one, it’s there….in the Love section!!