08.10.09

Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Front Row & After Party

Front Row

I will assume Leighton Meester traveled all the way to Paris for the Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 presentation, as I haven’t yet seen her front row at any other shows.

Despite the long flight and jet-lag Leighton knocks it out of the fashion ball park in floral Resort 2010 dress with a ruffle detail cascading down the front.

She paired her dress with a belted vest from the same collection.

I love everything about this look.  Even the sandals paired with socks, but that grey bag just makes me shiver.

A cute clutch or no bag at all would have been preferred.

I’m sure many of you will go crazy over Freida Pinto’s Fall 2009 look consisting of an electric blue jersey top paired with a matching layered chiffon skirt.

I think the look is just OK.

I’m more drawn to the bright colour, the open-toe boots and bag, as the hair just ruins the look for me plus the top is a little tight about the bust.

I saved going gaga for Camilla Belle who wore my favourite look from the Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 collection.

Camilla never has a day off look fabulous, but I just wish she hadn’t worn those shades.

Katy Perry wore a metallic puff sleeve top which wasn’t presented on the runway paired with a black pencil skirt.

I love the contrast between the futuristic top and the classic skirt.

Natalia Vodianova decided not to belt her LV Fall 2009 nude dress with a textured black yoke.

I like the look both ways.

Rinko Kikuchi is the second person to rock this LV Fall 2009 blue and pink dress with a black lace overlay.

I’m glad she wasn’t so bold to wear it as presented on the runway, as we all know Rinko likes to take a risk.

Last season Gong Li arrived at the LV show wearing a chic denim look.

This time opted for a sophisticated black coat/dress from the Fall 2009 collection which she paired with Cancan heels.

Even thought Anastasia Gorbacheva watered down the LV Fall 2009 runway look, she did it for all the right reason.

I really love this look. Those pattern leggings are gorgeous.

Daisy Lowe also wore the LV Cancan heels, but paired hers with an ivory skirt and black blazer.

This look is surprisingly demure considering she wore leopard print pants at Dolce & Gabbana’s show.

I thought she would’ve loved to have worn the adventurous pieces at LV.

Maybe Zoe Saldana was down in the dumps as the paparazzi failed to recognise her when I saw her in Paris, because her smile seems strained.

The Star Trek star opted for a rather cute playsuit with a ribboned neck tie.

After-Party

Zoe Saldana got back into her groove posing fiercely at the show’s after-party wearing a LV Fall 2009 dress.

I love her gold accessories, the ruffles sleeved and the one-poufy shoulder detail, but were’s the pom-pom?

Camilla Belle opted for a grey knotted and ruched LV Fall 2009 dress for her after-party look.

Love the hair and make-up with this look.

Natalia Vodianova arrived with her husband Justin Portman wearing another nude and black LV Fall 2009 look.

This time it was a velvet mini dress was paired with patterned tights and Cancan heels.

Gong Li wore this navy LV Fall 2009 dress with a poufy hem.

The dress is gorgeous, but the boots are a tad much when the dress has so much detail.

I guess she decided on the boots as torrential rain, thunder and lighting hit Paris last night.

Thankfully my train was pulling out of Gare du Nord on the 2013 as this started to happen.

[nggallery id=202]

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

22 Responses to Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Front Row & After Party

1. Claire October 8, 2009 at 14:50 #

Gong Li always blows everyone away
    Like Belle as well.

2. mol October 8, 2009 at 15:29 #

Natalia Vodianova, Camilla Belle and Zoe Saldana were all batting 100% for me.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 15:37 #

Is that for both show and party?

• mol October 8, 2009 at 16:59 #

Yes! Although i liked Zoe’s jumpsuit the best of her two, loved the way the bow at the neck framed her face. Maybe I should be more discerning, but all these outfits held together for me. I mean, it’s not as if I could wear any of these looks well myself, which is good, as then I feel free to just enjoy what pleases my eye…to immerse in the aesthetics of the various looks without self interest!

3. Ally October 8, 2009 at 16:20 #

I really really like Leighton’s outfit. So perfect to pair that vest with the dress. And I usually don’t like vests!

4. justme October 8, 2009 at 16:30 #

Leighton, Katy and Zoe (at the after party) are my faves.
    Camilla’s outfit is great but has been worn before and better imo.
    Maybe Daisy didn’t get access to LV clothes. I love her Cancan heels though.

5. Denice October 8, 2009 at 18:08 #

WOW!! I’m dying for a pair of the cancan heels!! I’m already imagining 10 different looks, they might be worth the splurge! LV really knocked it out of the park.

6. Raquel October 8, 2009 at 18:17 #

I’m too scared with the model wearing the same leggings as Anastasia to comment. I’ve seen stick skinny legs, but boy, those are famelic legs.

7. Voguette October 8, 2009 at 19:11 #

Not feeling Fredia either.

She’s staring to try too hard lately

8. Gaber October 8, 2009 at 19:16 #

The Cancan heels need to die!
    Hideous!

Having gotten that out of my system, the black little number Gong Li is wearing is just perfect! Love, love, LOVE it!
    If there is a chance to nominate her for Best Dressed – please do!

Also, Michelle Yeoh looks stunning!

9. Vera October 8, 2009 at 20:07 #

Now we can see how billion times better current LV collection is better than the Spring/Summer that has just been presented…

I’m sorry for correcting, but Anastasia Gorbachev is Anastasia Gorbacheva. In Russian language (and she is Russian and her surname is absolutely Russian) GorbachEV – is a male, not a female surname. Female ones are those with EVA (OVA) on the end: ZhukOVA, GorbachEVA, NovikOVA, LavrentEVA, SharapOVA, BrezhnEVA and so on.

• Vera October 8, 2009 at 20:11 #

Of course, male’s are: ZhukOV (Dasha’s father billionaire Alexander Zhukov), SharapOV (Masha’s dad Yury Sharapov), Mikhail Gorbachev (USSR’s first and only president) and so on)

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 20:13 #

all the picture agencies spelt it the way I had it, but I guess you have a better understanding so I will change it as you have recommended

Thanks

10. ~**juDee**~ October 8, 2009 at 20:10 #

ewwww! @ freida….i think she looks a mess. the shoes are awful, the top looks stretched….basically, not a fan!
    wowow @ leighton (whom i love with all my heart and who comes second to sienna miller IMO). she looks beautiful as per usual, with her lovely smile!
    Gong Li and Katy Perry both look equally stunning

11. barbara October 9, 2009 at 00:59 #

camila bell looks amazing! im in love with the dress, with its elegant and simple cut which compensates the risky details. it totally works. i think she chose the perfect hair and make up, the red lips were the touch thta gave the grey some spice. the shoes are fine too. amazing job.

12. Lara October 9, 2009 at 04:19 #

What did you mean FC, by asking where the pom pom for Zoe’s outfit was? Isn’t that what’s on the wrist of her right arm?

• Fashion Critic October 9, 2009 at 09:05 #

I meant the pom pom that is meant to be on the right shoulder. It appears on the model in pink

13. Lara October 9, 2009 at 04:20 #

Hopefully that didn’t come out sarcastically… I really wondered what you meant… love the blog…

• Fashion Critic October 9, 2009 at 09:05 #

not at all. :)

Thanks :D

14. Lee October 9, 2009 at 09:32 #

Wow! Some great looks in this post! My favourites are: Freida (if only her top weren’t so stretched though), Camille Belle in the grey LV (ravishing!), Natalia (LOVE that dress), Gong Li in the black coat dress (wish I could pluck it off the screen!), and Zoe in the afterparty black dress.

15. Susana October 9, 2009 at 11:34 #

Camila and Zoe look as elegant as ever. I like that blue on Freida but that skirt shortens her body a litlle too much. I love quirky dresses on Rinko since I think she can pull them off without looking ridiculous.
    BTW, many thanks FC for making my long medical leave more bearable. I love accessing your site several times a day looking for updates You deserve all the praise you are getting lately. Kind regards from España!

• Fashion Critic October 9, 2009 at 11:41 #