07.10.09

Elie Saab Spring 2010

He had me at Look 1.

Elie Saab’s Spring 2010 collection is by far the best show I have seen this fashion week.

As one look passed me by before I could say “Oh my…” the next one was even more spectacular.

In the Escape Ephémère where the presentation was held, the room was completely black from the walls, to the seats to the black sand which covered the runway.

This allowed the embellished looks to really dazzle on the runway.

Yes the King of Bling is back.

Beyonce Knowles will be drooling over these embellished gowns and cocktail dress that I saw on the runway.

Shoulders, backs, asymmetrical straps, hip pockets all got the embellished treatment which looked like gold and bronzed stones.

The collection wasn’t all about bling.

A few looks were presented with a stunning print which was like a pixelated view of a starry night.

Other looks using a soft beige, sunset reds, evening blues and deep midnight black colour palette were draped, structured, high-waisted, cut-out, asymmetrical, plunging, backless, accented with long gold necklaces, paired with black or nude sexy leather strappy sandals and model carried a stunning Elie Saab clutch.

I know I always say this but I can’t wait to see this collection on the red carpet.

Nelly Furtado and Dita von Teese were in the front row. Will they be the first?

We will have to wait and see.

I promise to invest in a better camera next season.

I’m uploading my pictures on http://twitpic.com/photos/fashion_critic_

But do check out the pictures on Style.com when they are uploaded.

I hope you enjoy my video and grainy pictures.

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

More Elie Saab Spring 2010

More Elie Saab Spring 2010

27 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2010

1. JessNess October 7, 2009 at 16:53 #

Looks like you had an amazing time.

Thanks for sharing

2. MEME October 7, 2009 at 16:54 #

Elie Saab’s show is the show that I always look foward to seeing…… people give him too much flack for his use of sequins and beading and tulle…. but I think that is apart of his Lebanese culture…. alot of Lebanese designers use the same technique…. but I would kill to wear one of his BEAUTIFUL gowns……

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2009 at 17:00 #

I’m with you and I would sell my first born to wear one of his gowns.

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2009 at 17:01 #

I must be part Lebanese then because I love all the beading, embellishments and tulle. ;)

• FashionLover October 7, 2009 at 19:19 #

wait…that makes me part Lebanese too!
        and cannot say this enough
        LOVE your blog FC!
        your dedication is unparalleled!

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 00:17 #

FashionLover, thanks so much for your comment.

I will try to continue to live up to your expectations ;)

• justme October 8, 2009 at 07:21 #

Thank you, Idgaf about what people say, he makes beautiful gowns.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 08:36 #

Idgaf…I was like eh???

But I get it…I don’t give a….

genius

• justme October 8, 2009 at 09:13 #

Yeah I didn’t want to be rude lol.

3. MEME October 7, 2009 at 16:55 #

And Let me have those SHOES……..

4. Tiffany October 7, 2009 at 16:58 #

OMG you rock.

Love this collection. Can’t wait to see more

5. Grégory De Vos October 7, 2009 at 17:02 #

Have to admit I’m not a great Elie Saab’s fan
    Does anyone buy his clothes except Beyoncé????
    I think it’s ok, it’s good the embellishments were great but I feel like I’ve seen this kind of look too many times… Boring… I’d pick Marchesa if I’d want a gorgeous gown (and if i’d be a woman, of course)
    I’m dying for WOW moments from this designer…
    (Love your pic’ and video though… Great to share opinions and feelings…:)

• ella October 8, 2009 at 06:26 #

if beyonce was the only celebrity who bought his clothes i dont think nelly furtado who has previously worn two of his dresses and dita von teese who has worn many of his stunning clothes would be in the front row.
      i agree that marchesa has gorgeous gowns but you have got to give elie saab some credit

• Grégory De Vos October 8, 2009 at 10:45 #

I give him credit because I’m sure what he does must be appreciated by a lot of people, I’m just not a part of them, I used to but then I started to get that feeling he’s a mix between so many designer… I have respect for his work, it’s just not my thing…
        You have to admit the dress which Nelly Furtado wore at the show was sooooooooooo Roland Mouret … (his latest fashion show was amazing!!! Can’t wait to see who is gonna be the first to wear his designs on the red carpet :D)
        Have a great day :)

• justme October 8, 2009 at 07:19 #

Does anyone buy his clothes except Beyoncé?

o_O
      Hmm yes!! Halle Berry is (almost) always in one of his creations at the Oscars. And she’s not the only one. Angelina Jolie, Evan Rachel Wood, Michelle Yeoh and more have worn his stuff in the past.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 08:37 #

He sells.

Oh yes he sells A LOT

6. Grégory De Vos October 7, 2009 at 17:11 #

What’s your point of view about Karl Lagerfeld Spring-Summer 2010? I had the chance to attend his show and I though it was gorgeous and inspiring… The latest dresses were amazing, the 3D embellishments, the game on the proportions, the high-waisterd – short – shorts, …
    That’s what I like :D
    Let me know what you think about it…

7. julia October 7, 2009 at 17:24 #

wow!!!stunning…the blue gowns!and the red ones!!
    oh my god every piece is divine…oh wow…i think Elie Saab will get my 2.favourite designer…chanel is a class for itself!

8. Bego October 7, 2009 at 18:05 #

I LOVE Elie Saab. I can’t decide which dress i love the most!

9. Rebecca October 7, 2009 at 19:58 #

I don’t know how anyone could tire of Elie Saab’s exquisite creations. I’m praying we will gets lots of these gowns during awards season.

10. Louboutin Babe October 7, 2009 at 22:37 #

love the video.

thanks FC

11. Sara October 7, 2009 at 23:14 #

You’re so lucky to have to possibility to attend his show, for the 2nd time if I’m not wrong ? He’s my fav designer, absolutely stunning show ! :D

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2009 at 23:20 #

i do feel very lucky, but would never take it for granted as it’s feels like such a huge honour.

He’s my fave too :)

Yes this was my second Saab show.

12. Alfredo October 8, 2009 at 04:17 #

Yes! I’ve been waiting all month for this show! I love the draping on some of these dresses! It’s done in a way where it’s noticeable but won’t drown the person who wears them. While people will give him crap about the looks being done/not that out there, they should know that by know and accept it. His Haute Couture work is in no way Dior/JPG but it’s not meant to be. The collection is great for what it’s supposed to be, glamour pieces that will flatter a woman. A part of me really, really wishes Beyonce was there at the show, I’d love to see her at one of his shows, front row, with Dita and Queen Rania. (That’s if they don’t get in a big argument over the pieces, ha!) Congrats on being able to attend the show, Lucky you! How I would love to spend one day at his atelier.

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2009 at 08:39 #

Oh I would love to spend a day in his atelier, but I may just faint the second I walked in.

13. maria papoila October 8, 2009 at 11:40 #

MY FAVOURITE DESIGNER EVER!!!

14. Cheryl October 8, 2009 at 14:04 #

That red dress!! Gorgeous!!!