06.10.09

Runway To Simon Cowell’s 50 Birthday Party

I held off posting this for a day hoping we would get better pictures, but this is the best it’s going to get.

I’m so gutted we don’t get to see a full length picture of Cheryl Cole wearing the same Versace dress which Blake Lively wore to the Costume Institute gala.

Cheryl is so petite, so I would have been interested to see if she could carry off such a dress.

I love the dress, but the 80s style hair is a buzz kill.

Chloe Green daughter of Sir Phillip Green look gorgeous wearing the same Balmain gown we have seen Beyonce Knowles wear on the red carpet.

Again I wish I could see more of the dress, which she is carrying in order not to drag her £10,000 gown on the floor.

My absolute favourite was Terri Seymour, the long suffering ex-girlfriend of Simon Cowell.

With the wind in her hair and the skirt of her Marchesa Resort 2009 strapless embroidered gown, she looks like an angel even though both Taylor Swift and Mary J Blige wore this same dress in different colours last year.

Supermodel Naomi Campbell wows in a white satin Atelier Versace Fall 2009 lace up gown, as she sparkles with a diamond and pearl necklace by Fawaz Gruosi.

Dannii Minogue and Amanda Holden both opted for Ralph & Russo gowns.

Dannii looked effortlessly chic in a black and gold Ralph & Russo dress, whilst Amanda was blinged out in a white heavily embellished gown.

Hopefully Hello! or OK! magazine will feature non photoshopped pictures of this event.

I hate those magazines when they photoshop guests together in pictures. It so incredibly obvious and tacky.

Credit: Style.com, Marchesa, PacificCoastNews & Rex

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Camille Guaty or Jennifer Love Hewitt

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Camille Guaty or Jennifer Love Hewitt

"An Education" New York Premiere

“An Education” New York Premiere

18 Responses to Runway To Simon Cowell’s 50 Birthday Party

1. Dorian Gray October 6, 2009 at 10:14 #

FC I think Naomi’s dress isn’t Dolce & Gabbana but SS 2010 Atelier Versace. Isn’t it?
    ps. what do u think of the new Atelier collection?

• Fashion Critic October 6, 2009 at 11:28 #

Thanks. Sorry it’s taken so long to reply. I’m on the Eurostar and every second there is a tunnel

2. Versace-goddess October 6, 2009 at 10:24 #

Naomi is wearing Versace Atelier F/W 09, from the latest collection.

3. Tania October 6, 2009 at 10:24 #

Dannii looks fab, what happened to Amanda’s make-up?

4. Matt October 6, 2009 at 10:39 #

Everyone kooks great, Although I don’t think Cheryl would be able to pull that dress off as well as Blake did.

5. sassy October 6, 2009 at 10:43 #

Naomi’s dress is versace atlier http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8756/12021new10122386lo.jpg

• Fashion Critic October 6, 2009 at 12:04 #

Thanks for the picture.

On the Eurostar at the moment so will update when I get to my hotel

Thanks again

6. Daneka October 6, 2009 at 11:46 #

I was a bit dissapointed by Cheryl’s look.I don’t like the one arm sleeve on the dress, even though the dress is a lovely colour and I liked the detail.Her hair was a bit too wild for me.My favorite was Terri Seymour, she looked gorgeous in Marchesa.

7. robbie October 6, 2009 at 12:42 #

oh god they all look like extras in some cheesy crappy low budget 80s movie. yet another person making balmain look cheap and trashy.

8. Ally October 6, 2009 at 12:47 #

I would have expected Naomi to knock an Atelier Versace out of the park, but her hair and accessories relaly let the look down :(.

9. Chiara October 6, 2009 at 16:37 #

Very glamour for a birthday party….

10. justme October 6, 2009 at 17:43 #

Cheryl is a beautiful girl. But considering her hair, the unnecessary necklace and the fact that she’s s.h.o.r.t, I know Cheryl couldn’t have looked that good in that Versace dress.

The same goes for Chloe Green. The chest area of her Balmain dress is all kinds wrong. Did she pull the dress up or is she wearing a modified version with straps? Either way, dnw :/

Terri looks amazing.

11. Ling October 6, 2009 at 23:38 #

Terri Seymour is the best dressed, although the top half of Dannii Minogue looks nice! I would love to see a full length picture of Cheryl Cole (hate the hair though) – are the British paparazzi not as good as their American counterparts or have the photos been sold off to a magazine? Cos it seems to be quite hard finding full length photos of non-American stars …

• Ling October 6, 2009 at 23:39 #

Btw that wasn’t meant to be an insult or anything to you, I know you try your best to find the best pictures for us and I totally appreciate that! I was just wondering why they weren’t more available?

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2009 at 06:18 #

Not at all.

It was a private event and not a red carpet event so hence the crop shots.

The full length ones come from those who stayed at a hotel the paparazzi were aware of and the cropped come from those who arrived from their homes

12. Latoya October 7, 2009 at 00:12 #

The dress is GORGEOUS but it looks better on the model. I don’t think its working with Naomi’s skin tone.

13. Tai'Tiana October 8, 2009 at 16:57 #

I don’t like that versace dress on naomi at all, nor do I really like that dress. For some reason it’s giving me a 90s vibe.

14. thomas monks October 20, 2009 at 03:19 #

I LOVE the Versace gown that Naomi is wearing but i think she cheapens the look but i would love to know what you think