05.10.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Precious” New York Premiere

I wish Paula Patton has opted for the metallic version of this Altuzarra Fall 2009 dress. It has more of a wow factor.

Her winklepickers were also a very bad choice.

Never again will I defend Mariah Carey in the ‘boobie’ debate.

Mariah has had some bad looks, but this has to be the WORST.

She look so incredibly tacky and has obviously been inspired by Amanda Bynes because she only wears LBDs lately.

2009 Clinton Global Initiative Dinner, New York

Looking like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth Naomi Campbell look so sweet wearing a Issa Spring 2010 asymmetrical black and white print dress.

Naomi walked for the Issa Spring 2010 show, so she was obviously very taken with this adorable dress.

2009 VH1 Hip Hop Honors, New York

Eve walked this red carpet sporting the very same hairstyle as Rihanna.

She wore fingerless black leather gloves to go with her Helmut Lang Resort 2010 black leather and bondage jersey dress.

I love everything about the look excluding the heels.

Why wear such an interesting sexy dress, if you’re going to pair it with office heels?

“Good Hair” LA Premiere

For this event Eve wore a chocolate brown Charlotte Ronson Deco beading pleated dress.

I love the neckline, her pink lips and the fact that she didn’t wear the runway belt.

The dress is better off without it.

Nia Long sparkled wearing a silver batwing plunging blouse paired with champagne mini shorts.

Her make up flawless and show is her cute bob.

Montblanc Paris Flagship Boutique Launch

Eva Green gives me that old Hollywood glamour that I never tire of.

She wore an aqua Alberta Ferretti gown with draped detailing to accentuate the waist.

Such an elegant look from one we expect to always look so dramatic and gothic.

I love her tousled updo.

Brian Reyes Appearance At Neiman Marcus, LA

Rachel Bilson supported her long time friend Brian Reyes when he made an appearance at Neiman Marcus.

She kept her look very casual wearing in denim cut-offs, a black blazer, and white tank.

Her accessories were more colourful as she carried a scarlet red Jimmy Choo Blythe Tote, and the same leather boots we have seen on Sienna Miller.

“Couples Retreat” Australian Premiere

This is quite an interesting look for Kristen Bell.

We’re so used to seeing her in unstructured laid back looks, but this time she opted for a sleek Preen Peplette technical crepe dress paired with Jimmy Choo heels.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Eve's Closet - Charlotte Ronson Deco Beaded Pleated Dress

In Eve’s Closet – Charlotte Ronson Deco Beaded Pleated Dress

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Camille Guaty or Jennifer Love Hewitt

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Camille Guaty or Jennifer Love Hewitt

15 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Coraline October 5, 2009 at 18:06 #

How does Naomi do to always look so good! I’m half her age and she looks 100 times better!!!
    Mariah, tacky, well it’s Mariah, money can’t buy style
    Eve Green looks like an old fashioned ghost! hate the whole look

2. Eighty Jane October 5, 2009 at 18:16 #

“The only thing that deserves a mention are her Jimmy Choo Billie Lizard-Print sandals”

… and even THOSE look too small. ugh! she’s a mess

• Kim October 5, 2009 at 21:47 #

They do. LOL!

3. Raquel October 5, 2009 at 18:26 #

Ah, I love Kristen here. It’s so out of her comfort zone, yet, it is still her.

4. Kim October 5, 2009 at 18:36 #

Nia looks GORGEOUS!

I like Paula’s version of the dress. It looks less gargabe baggish but I do agree about the shoes.

5. mm October 5, 2009 at 18:46 #

Best i have seen Paula look. She has a presence in this look. I agree the shoes are a no. Mariah, has a beautiful body, i just wish she would stop looking so trashy. She takes every last piece of her expensive clothing and makes it all look tacky! Everything is always too tight, never just fitted or nicely tailored to her frame and her breast are always hanging out or peaking through or squeezed too tight. Love Nia’s hair and makeup! Not loving Rachel Bilson’s daisy dukes

6. Alina October 5, 2009 at 18:55 #

Why Mariah , why ?

7. mol October 5, 2009 at 19:02 #

I absolutely love Kristen Bell’s Preen dress – the design details are so perfect – the way the shoulder/neckline mirrors the detail on the hem, just everything, she looks sleek and gorgeous in it.

• Linda October 6, 2009 at 11:35 #

I agree, the dress is beatuiful and perfect for her body. I fell in love with Kristen Bell when she played Veronica Mars. I think a differerent pair of shoes would have made the look even better, though.

8. TMCFS October 5, 2009 at 22:40 #

Exactly Alina! Why Mariah?!

9. Jen October 5, 2009 at 23:05 #

I really love Kristen’s look. I’m surprised… don’t know how to describe what I like so much, but she looks great.

10. Matt October 6, 2009 at 01:11 #

Boy Eve does look amazing. Remember does days when she wore those “questionable” outfits because she was a rapper?, If only those Tattoos weren’t permanent.

11. Lala/S-R October 6, 2009 at 01:18 #

I beg to differ, FC. Paula can do no wrong in my eyes! hehe She’s so gorg.
    Mariah…..*YAWN..practically asleep* I’m bored of her damn cleavage.
    Naomi looks great.
    I like Eve’s first look.
    Rachel looks casually chic, as always.
    Nia Long is always gorg. I just don’t like her legs…Can’t have it all right?
    “Eva Green” looks …=/ Hmm, great gown though!
    Kristen Bell is a cutie.

12. Ewurafua Woode October 6, 2009 at 13:40 #

@Fashion Critic,
    Eve did not wear ‘boring office’ shoes in her first look.
    They were Diego Dolcini pumps…with an interesting heel.
    You can see a better look of it at this link http://theybf.com/index.php/2009/09/24/flicks-from-vh1s-2009-hip-hop-honors/.
    *sorry for posting another site on yours*

13. Joana Oliveira October 6, 2009 at 20:23 #

Oh my!! Eva green looks beautiful but SO pale!! I’m super pale and I actually like my paleness but hers?! It’s a bit forced I think…!