05.10.09

Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

Karl Lagerfeld

This is one of my favourite look of Paris Fashion Week, even if Katy Perry is slightly too busty for this Karl Lagerfeld Fall 2009 dress.

I love the structure, the dark taupe colour and the way the dress falls back over her shoulders.

Her look was paired with ankle booties and a Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2009 bag, which has the designers face printed on the front.

Rihanna surprisingly opted for a subtle look wearing all black.

Her look was paired with leather gloves and Christian Louboutin lace pumps.

Lanvin

Janet Jackson looked very sophisticated wearing a black Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009 dress with a ruffled detail on one shoulder.

Janet is officially the Sophia Bush of Fashion Week.

Hussein Chalayan

This is my favourite look from Rihanna so far at Paris Fashion Week.

This grey Hussein Chalayan Fall 2009 has an edge without going over the top, even with those thigh-high boots.

I hope she wears more from this designer in the future.

Givenchy

Many of you will be spitting fire that Rihanna is wearing Givenchy Couture, but at least she didn’t make it look comical.

Her black velvet Couture Fall 2009 jacket was paired with a simple LBD and black ankle boots.

Leigh Lezark opted for a Givenchy Resort 2010 look which included black pants, paired with a studded silk cowl-neck sleeveless top and a studded leather vest.

She really did pick the best look to suit her rock and roll style.

Sonia Rykiel

I’ve always loved this Sonia Rykiel Fall 2009 sparkling dress, and I’m so glad to see how cute yet sexy it looks on Katy Perry.

She wore her dress with a pair of Christian Louboutin pigalle’s.

Maison Martin Margiela

Michael Jackson gave us the glove, now Rihanna is trying to give us the Long sleeved glove.

I don’t think her Maison Martin Margiela white long sleeved glove will have the same impact, but she makes it work for what it is.

The disappointing thing was that her dress was so sheer, you could see her nipple ring and thong in some pictures.

Jean Paul Gaultier

Oh Dita von Teese.

Perfection, poise, sophistication and class just oozes from your every pore.

From the top of your head, to the tips of your bustier right down to your Louboutin’s.  You’re probably the only one really deserving to be front row at Paris Fashion Week.

Only you can bring the magic to this Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 Couture dress like no one else could.

J’Adore Dita.  J’Adore.

Rihanna opted for a criss cross  jacket which showed off her satin bra.

Leather pants and Christian Louboutin Ni toi ni moi blue suede boots completed this crazy look.

Katy Perry was more demure wearing a Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 black halter dress paired with a pigalle’s and a Chanel quilted bag.

Vivienne Westwood

Rihanna seems to not like wearing much clothes these days.

Here she opted for a Vivienne Westwood Fall 2009 black oversized blazer, which covered her bra and panties.

Thigh-high tan boot completed this “I got dress in a hurry” look.

Jessica Stroup being at Paris Fashion Week is exciting in that it shows she has a lot of fashion potential.

But like Blake Lively before her, she totally wrecks her opportunity by looking a complete mess in the front row.

Her Vivienne Westwood red strapless dress is horribly creased and terribly ill-fitting, plus her Brian Atwood Lola Suede pumps don’t work with her dress.

I hope she has time to redeem herself before she flies back to the US.

Christian Dior

Dita von Teese looks HAWT wearing a Christian Dior leather skirt suit.

If it looks very familiar, that’s because she wore a black wool version to the Wonderbra Party Edition Launch in London recently.

She teams her dress with grey metallic heels and a Christian Dior Resort 2010 leopard print bag.

Carine Roitfeld finally wore something besides her YSL vintage dress and Alaia heels for a nice change.

This time she opted for an Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2009 grey suit, paired with a grey sweater.

I love the positioning of the arm holes on this jacket.

Wang Lei opted for a simple Dior Pre-Fall 2009 grey dress with a neck tie, which is very similar to the grey skirt suit which was presented on the runway.

Rihanna tries to do Dita, but comes off looking quite ridiculous.

She also carried a bag from the Christian Dior Resort 2010 collection, and paired her dress with Christian Louboutin Studded Pigalle Pumps.

This is the worst look of the week.

Credit: Style.com, Getty, Zimbio, Bauer Griffin, Zuma, Fame Pictures & Wireimage

In Rihanna's Closet - Christian Louboutin Ni toi ni moi 120 Blue Suede Boots

In Rihanna’s Closet – Christian Louboutin Ni toi ni moi 120 Blue Suede Boots

Runway To "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" - Megan Fox In Martin Grant

Runway To “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” – Megan Fox In Martin Grant

32 Responses to Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

1. The Wonder Spot October 5, 2009 at 12:09 #

again, i hate all Rihanna’s looks. she looks like a clown that tries too hard. what’s up with her?!

• Terry October 5, 2009 at 12:16 #

I agree with you. The harder she tries, the worse she looks.
      On the other hand, Dita is pure perfection. She makes all the others look like mere wannabees.

• Coraline October 5, 2009 at 18:12 #

I couldn’t agree more. Rihanna tries too hard and looks absolutely ridiculous. She needs to tone down and cover herself a bit more, she looks like a giraffe with fat thighs!
      On the other hand, Kate Perry looks chic and cute, love all of her looks.
      Dita could teach Riri some tips on how to look sexy, sassy but still elegant and chic

2. Alina October 5, 2009 at 12:19 #

Rihanna is ridiculous.

I like all Katty Perry ‘ s looks.

Dita is so classy.Love her.

• REEZY October 5, 2009 at 14:49 #

My thoughts exactly.

3. LeeAnn October 5, 2009 at 12:27 #

What about showing Dries???

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2009 at 12:35 #

who was at Dries?

• LeeAnn October 5, 2009 at 13:09 #

Who cares ? The clothes were the stars !!

4. Kelly October 5, 2009 at 12:39 #

Katy Perry’s first outfit is to die for! But… what’s up with Rihanna’s hair??

5. YSLGirl October 5, 2009 at 12:50 #

Why is Rihanna everywhere? I don’t mind her, but I hate it when she tries too hard. The Vivienne Westwood one wouldn’t be too bad if it weren’t for the boots. Oh dear.

6. Ally October 5, 2009 at 13:45 #

How does Rihanna manage to take so many interesting looking clothes and make them look so tacky?

I actually really like all of Katy Perry’s looks!

7. Stuti October 5, 2009 at 15:06 #

What is with Rihanna? Seriously? Tacky much? Blazer with panties showing? Dress with nipple ring showing? Satin bra showing? And oh, that hair is ugly!
    Dita is so classy it hurts seeing Rihanna after. ARGH!
    Oh by the way, Katy looks adorable too. Love her, and love her more ever since she wore those amazing Manish Arora couture pieces. <3

8. robbie October 5, 2009 at 15:16 #

rihanna as usual looks a mess, and im also sick of seeing katy perry every. but i would love her karl lagerfeld bag.

janet, looks amazimng i just wish her hair was like that when she wore the versace dress.

dita, looks amazing as always in ever look. FC i was wondering you think her JPG outfit is the same one kylie wore on her US tour? but modified to be a leotard style?

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2009 at 15:33 #

Yes. Think you are right about Dita Kylie and JPG

• robbie October 5, 2009 at 15:54 #

oh good thought i was just imagining it. i am so glad that dita is back at fashion week after her not being there last time during the couture shows.

9. iona October 5, 2009 at 16:10 #

katy looks so nice!!! :)

10. mol October 5, 2009 at 16:22 #

I would have liked Rihanna in her Hussein Chalayan if she had gone up a size in the skirt (it is so tight that it flattens the detail at the hip); her 1st look is ok too, kinda funny even cause she out karls karl on the glove front. But everything else of hers is a mess for me…whereas Katy Perry, whose looks I’m not normally attracted to, looks great, even sophisticated (she usually looks goofy to me, although I love her when she performs). I especiially liked the Lagerfeld dress (loved the purse too). I haven’t liked Dita’s looks recently so it was a whoppee moment for me this morning to see her back on form, looking so very very great in Gaultier and Dior. I also loved Carine in her Alexander McQueen, she looks so cool, I really dig her style.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2009 at 17:28 #

Hmm I wasn’t sure if it was too tight or just looked creased from sitting in it.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2009 at 17:39 #

You are right.

I looked at some other pictures and the dress is clearly too tight on the hips

• Linda October 6, 2009 at 11:48 #

Whoa!! That’s not a good look in that link…clearliy a size too small for sure.

11. Chiara October 5, 2009 at 16:32 #

Actually, even if I’m not found of all Rihanna’s look, I like that she takes risks and really is a great “display” for a lot of designers

12. Latoya October 5, 2009 at 17:01 #

LOL Rihanna CANNOT win with you guys. I don’t like EVERYTHING she wears and admittedly she tries too hard at times but I like Rihanna’s style. I think she looks really classy in this outfit.

13. greta October 5, 2009 at 17:02 #

How does Rihanna manage to make expensive pieces look SO cheap ?! I don’t get it

14. Sally October 5, 2009 at 18:45 #

Katy – looks amazing, especially in the Karl Largerfeld.
    Dita – I’m speechless every time I see her. Absolute perfection.

15. danielezka October 5, 2009 at 19:46 #

It would be fun to vote for a “Worst Dressed of the Week”… This week has just started but I’m sure Rihanna would have my vote.

16. justme October 5, 2009 at 20:16 #

Words cannot express how much Rihanna’s so-called style unimpresses me so I won’t even bother. BUT can someone explain to me those Hussein Chalayan boots? They make a not fat girl look fat, dnw.

On the positive side, I like Katy Perry’s looks. The 1st one is a stunner though I wish Karl would’ve used a pic of his old self on the bag x)

17. Matt October 5, 2009 at 22:09 #

It’s funny to me that Dita who is a stripper looks so elegant every time she’s at an event, whilst the ones who aren’t look like one and manage to make an expensive clothing look tacky. I am also over Rihanna. She wears some amazing pieces, but if every wannabe who tried too hard got their hands on her wardrobe, they would all look like her. Nothing special. katy perry looks amazing, her look unlike Rihanna’s is effortless and chic.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2009 at 23:44 #

so true Matt. So true :)

18. Menia October 5, 2009 at 23:47 #

I think Kate Perry in Sonia Rykiel sparkling dress was the best appearance!

19. Lala/S-R October 6, 2009 at 00:34 #

KATY, KATY, KATY!! Thank goodness for Katy. She made it worth wild checking out this post. I love her Lagerfeld dress and her playful Lagerfeld bag.
    Both “HAHAHA” and *sigh @ Rihanna trying oh-so very hard. She appears to be scantily clad for the most part these days. She’s starting to look like quiet the prostitute. Unfortunately…
    Dita…*yawn* Same old, same old.

20. Linda October 6, 2009 at 12:00 #

Katy looks the best I’ve ever seen in the Lagerfeld dress, but the bag is overkill. I also love her Sonia Rykiel sparkler and her JPG. Big improvement! Her hair is looking lovely, too.
    I like Rihanna’s last look, in the Christian Dior. She’s decently covered, and I like her hair and headpiece. Everything else is boring, including Dita. Though I do appreciate what she brings to the table, these dresses don’t grab me.
    I so want to love the red Vivienne Westwood dress J. Stroup is wearing, but she makes it impossible for me with the purple shoes and the wrinkles.

21. Tai'Tiana October 8, 2009 at 17:09 #

I love rihanna’s style and her edgyness to consistently push the envelope. However her makeup and hair take’s her looks to a whole other level that I dont like those blond streaks need to go and that red needs to be toned down alot. My two favorite looks were the Hassein Chalayan and criss cross front open jacket, and my least favorite look was the blazer with the thigh high boot, I dont understand that one at all, she must have really wanted some attention. My favorite look for Katy Perry was the sequined dress, so adorable on her