Balmain Spring 2010 Presentation, Paris

Rihanna skipped out on New York Fashion Week, but headed to Paris to view the Balmain Spring 2010 presentation.

She was fully decked out in Balmain wearing a Balmain black tuxedo blazer with a jewel brooch detail on the satin lapel, paired with Balmain Fall 2009 harem pants, Louboutin heels and a Balenciaga Brilliant Pouchette Bague.

I’m not crazy about her blonde streaks, but this is the best I have seen it styled.

Gareth Pugh Spring 2010 Presentation, Paris

Rihanna also attended Gareth Pugh’s Spring 2010 presentation.

She wore a very risqué sheer Gareth Pugh’s Spring 2010 modified dress, which left little to the imagination.

Normally we see look toned down off the runway, but Rihanna does the opposite.

Her look was paired with her favourite Balenciaga Brilliant Pouchette Bague, and Fendi cut-out heels.

Berlin Airport, Germany

On her way to Paris Rihanna arrived at Berlin Airport wearing a grey Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 sweater worn as a mini dress.

Gold jewelery accessorized her look, as did a crazy hat and Christian Louboutin leopard print ankle boots.

Marc Jordan and Katharina Harf’s Wedding, Venice

Rihanna wrapped a black shrug around her shoulders, but we can see enough of her black and grape Alexander Wang one-shoulder dress.

She wore grape lippy to match her dress, Louboutin pigalle heels and carried her Balenciaga clutch again.

Leaving Da Silvano Restaurant, New York

Hiding under her hoodie Rihanna wore Giuseppe Zanotti leopard print ankle boots with her cut-off denim shorts, ghetto gold and sheer top.

2nd Annual House Of Hype Directors Dinner, New York

It’s really hard to explain this sequined Jasmine di Milo Fall 2009 jumpsuit, or the reason why Rihanna decided to wear it with lace glasses.

I guess it’s one of those fashion forward moments she has that just don’t work for me.

Out & About, New York

Like many other celebrities, Rihanna is embracing the thigh-high boot trend as she was spotted in New York wearing a pair of Stella McCartney Perforated thigh-high boots, with a flouncy grey dress.

[nggallery id=196]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures, Bauer Griffin, Zuma & Wireimage

Lily Allen In Alexander Wang - The Glamour Of Italian Fashion 1945-2014 VIP Private View

Lily Allen In Alexander Wang – The Glamour Of Italian Fashion 1945-2014 VIP Private View

Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

Front Row @ Paris Fashion Week

27 Responses to In Rihanna’s Closet – Balmain, Gareth Pugh, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs & Stella McCartney

1. Ally October 2, 2009 at 15:17 #

I just don’t know about Rihanna. I seriously go back and forth with her. I think she looks gorgeous when she isn’t trying so hard to be “out there” and “edgy”.

2. Lala/S-R October 2, 2009 at 15:38 #

The Jasmine di Milo Fall 2009 jumpsuit was just not make for any carpet, especially with those lace shades. Who comes up with that? It might have worked on Grace Jones, but not her.
    That Bellboy hat is showing up everywhere. eek
    She is dressing a lot more revealing these days(not that she wasn’t before though) …From the Gareth Pugh to the exposed nipples in an attenmpt to advertise her nipple ring “Leaving Da Silvano Restaurant”. I see you failed to show that FC. LOL Kids come around here. Kudos to you.
    UGH…Why does she always try so hard? She would be so damn cute if she didn’t. But them again, trying hard got her to where she is today. You think its her “music”? HAHHAHAHAH Yeah, right.
    I really love the Balmain look though. And yes, that is the best her hair has looked in a long while. And that doesn’t exactly look good either.

3. André October 2, 2009 at 15:56 #

I honestly think that Rihanna is a piping hot mess. She just tries too hard. It makes it very difficult for me to take her seriously as a fashionista or a “style icon”.

I’ve got to say, though, that the Jasmine di Milo jumpsuit actually kinda works for me. Not sure about the heels but I’m diggin’ it.

• GRACE October 3, 2009 at 12:42 #

I agree with the first part, “trying too hard”, but the jumpsuit somehow reminds me of that horrible skintight one Amber Rose wore once… I don’t like any of the looks here, unfortunately.

4. Igor October 2, 2009 at 16:00 #

I so don’t like her hair!

5. Nitasha October 2, 2009 at 16:01 #

There’s rocker-chic and there’s edgy, but to me Rihanna’s overall look is almost trashy, though on their own the clothes are quite cool.

6. mm October 2, 2009 at 16:28 #

The jumpsuit is for the fellas, she showing off her curves I think the best look is the alexander wang dress, i even like the shrug.

7. Hayley October 2, 2009 at 16:29 #

Is the Marc Jacobs sweater dress she wore, the same one as Sarah Harding and Kelly Osbourne have both worn recently?

8. Kim October 2, 2009 at 16:48 #

I HATE that hat and leopard prints don’t really work well with grey for me but the rest was cute even the (and I can’t even believe I am going to say this) jumpsuit with the lace sunglasses. No way I would wear it – well I did like the BOTTOM of it but on her it worked for me. Actually better than the Stella McCartney dress which was the only thinkg I HATED.

9. justme October 2, 2009 at 17:38 #

Whatever Rihanna is trying to sell, I’m not buying it.
    Except for the Alexander Wang dress (which isn’t appropriate for a wedding), all I see is one hot mess after the other.

10. robbie October 2, 2009 at 17:40 #

she looks like a tranny in every one of these outfits. sorry but this girl is just desperate to be seen as edgy and cutting edge.

that outfit with the hoodie and sheer tank top just screams council estate chav, even the jewellry is chavvy.

11. Alicia October 2, 2009 at 17:42 #

Am I alone in thinking that the Gareth Pugh dress is actually unflattering? And…kind of boring for Gareth Pugh?

• Fashion Critic October 2, 2009 at 18:20 #

his whole Spring 2010 collection was pretty boring if you ask me.

12. Taylor October 2, 2009 at 19:53 #

At that age and with that body, why shouldn’t she be adventurous with her dressing? I always look forward to what she’s wearing because you know you’re getting something new everytime. And even though what she wears isn’t always a hit with everyone, what a change from the boring, stay-safe that you see everyday on the red carpet.

13. nicole October 2, 2009 at 19:55 #

i cant see past that awful hair!!

14. Lol October 2, 2009 at 21:51 #

I Blamee chris brownn, before the incident Rihanna dressed beautifully and she didnt try too hard.. In 2008 she had some great fitss and looked amazing on every red carpet… Its as if affter the Chris brown situation she thought she had to prove herself that shes strong and cutting edge so she began to over due it…
    I want the old rihanna back

15. mol October 3, 2009 at 01:32 #

Rihanna’s hair is beyond horrid for me and only in the Alexander Wang outfit does she come vaguely close to looking good (although i confess to being strangely attracted to her Jasmine di Milo outfit). I agree with Lol that Rihanna used to have her bright fashion moments, but for some time now it has just been one random mess after another – she seems to be trying to prove something, but who knows what it is????

16. ella October 3, 2009 at 04:54 #

she looks trashy to be honest especially with that nipple peircing she has no shame

17. Danika October 3, 2009 at 05:18 #

I don’t like any of these looks on Rhianna, there is nothing natural looking about her. It”s hard to describe but when I look at her I just think…uncomfortable. I miss when she used to look beautiful and fresh, I wish she would just relax.

18. Linda October 3, 2009 at 16:18 #

I think she is unknowingly creating a persona that is a parody of herself , sort of like Pamela Anderson did. Pamela started out as a pretty, fresh faced blonde with a lot of sex appeal, who kept on pushing it by getting bigger boobs, bigger hair, skimpier outift, etc, until there’s nothing left of the original woman. It’s too bad and it seems to be fueled by insecuity and the constant need to be sexier, edgier, whatever. I personally think Rihanna is a beautiful girl with a really beautiful, unique voice. Remeber how pretty she used to look most of the time?

19. doc October 4, 2009 at 05:02 #

There is such a thing as being ladylike and edgy. I think the Marc Jacobs dress and the Alexander Wang look really work. But most of this stuff is just completely tasteless. Yes she is young and has the body, but my lord she has nipple and booty cheeks showing all over Paris! I don’t know maybe that’s the thing over there. lol.

20. mandy October 4, 2009 at 06:25 #

The girl is out of control, i need to say that i DO NOT like her style anymore. She use to be so pretty and stylish, now she is plain ridiculous.
    Anyway, that Alexander Wang dress… Khloe Kardashion wore it first when she was invited by E! to “evaluate” the Emmy’s red carpet fashion.

21. Cheryl October 4, 2009 at 14:51 #

I don’t like how she looks in almost all of them But I have to say, she looks great in that Alexander Wang look. Hopefully, she’ll have another reinvention so her style is also reinvented. But I don’t see that happening any time soon…

22. COVERGIRLFOSHO October 4, 2009 at 15:29 #

I think Rhianna rocks! You gals are so critical. I’d love to see whats in your closet. I also dont think shes trying to hard its called being yourself! Not much originality these days so i;m glad Rhi is not sticking to the script(tirb twos and pencil dresses…signature pout..etc). One more thing, she’ very age appropiate. What were you wearing in your twenties?

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2009 at 15:45 #

Rihanna is very much like Marmite.

You either love her or hate her.

I’m always on the fence and swing either way.

I judge her from look to look. Some are good, some are ridiculous.

23. Sue Jin October 5, 2009 at 06:48 #

I don’t what it is.. but her nor her fashion excite me anymore…..

24. LeeVC October 5, 2009 at 11:11 #

She tries soooo hard to be edgy… it’s a shame, really, because she looks her best when she doesn’t try too hard. I hate her hair by the way…