30.09.09

Social Events Of The Week

“A Steady Rain” Broadway Opening Night, New York

What does Ellen Barkin, Nicole Kidman and Kyra Sedgwick have in common?

They all love wearing L’Wren Scott’s figure-hugging dresses.

Nicole Kidman has actually worn this black and white trimmed L’Wren Scott Headmistress dress.

Nicole opted for red peep-toes, but Ellen wore t-bar patent Christian Louboutin’s to complete her look.

Hair Magazine Awards, London

UK TV and Radio presenter Lauren Laverne wore a Jonathan Saunders Fall 2009 LBD, which had a wet-look bodice wrapped around stunning embellishments.

I love the her curly cropped bob and her flawless make-up.

Even though I personally don’t like tights, this head-to-toe look really works well for her.

The Richard Nicoll Fall 2009 runway fashion-forward piece has been soften to a pink & nude silk slip dress on Donna Air.

She added grey sandals and a silver statement necklace to complete her look.

Tamsin Egerton looks stunning wearing an Alexander Wang one-sleeved jersey ruched dress, which just goes to prove that Wang’s clothes are desired on both sides of the Atlantic.

It’s getting cooler temperature-wise in London, but thankfully Tamsin didn’t opt for tights.

She instead showed-off her enviable legs wearing gold peep-toes.

VV Brown often wears edgy, unknown designers or a lot of vintage pieces, but on this occasion I can spot an embellished Topshop jacket.

The look is paired with a vintage faux-fur hat, black pants and nude ballet pumps.

Jenny Frost’s dress says one thing, “I want to attention.”

I may have liked the dress if it had fit better.  It just a piece of material hanging from her paired with a black belt.

“UNITE Unveiled: Gen Art’s Fresh Faces In Fashion”, LA

‘The Hills’ star Kristen Cavallari looked lovely wearing a lacy nude top with a black leather skirt and nude patent Brian Atwood heels.

I’m very impressed that her flesh coloured bra isn’t immediately noticeable.

If this was Heidi Montag she would’ve won a bright pink bra just to draw attention to herself.

“Rock A Little, Feed A Lot” Benefit Concert, LA

Marcia Cross looked surprisingly raunchy in her Dsquared² embellished top, with James Jean’s “Twiggy” legging jeans.

It’s hard to believe Isla Fisher is a mother of one, because looks so young.

She kept her look super casual wearing a graphic print tee, short black leather skirt and zipper gladiator sandals.

Jenna Dewan opted for a H&M multi-coloured striped dress, paired with black leggings and navy pumps.

02 X Awards 2009, London

Yasmin Le Bon wore a berry velvet suit from her YLB for Wallis collection, paired with a black blouse.

Make-up free but still gorgeous.

The Scene Record Release Party, LA

Selena Gomez is the epitome of chic at her album launch party wearing nude silk top, a chocolate sequin mini skirt and nude patent heels.

The side-parted pony tail gives this look a youthful feel which has been missing from previous looks.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Penelope Cruz In Roksanda Ilincic - Walk of Fame In Spain Photocall

Penelope Cruz In Roksanda Ilincic – Walk of Fame In Spain Photocall

2009 MOBO Awards

2009 MOBO Awards

27 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Robin September 30, 2009 at 20:55 #

Kristin Cavallari looks gorgeous! A+

• Jules O'C October 1, 2009 at 09:38 #

2nd that =)

2. justme September 30, 2009 at 21:12 #

Is that the Atomic Kitten girl? Oh wow, I’m having childhood flashbacks lol.

Kristin looks lovely.

• Fashion Critic September 30, 2009 at 21:14 #

yes she is :)

3. nicole September 30, 2009 at 21:21 #

KRISTEN looks awesome!

4. Mischa September 30, 2009 at 21:46 #

Kristen looks the best! Dare I say a contender for BDoTW?!

• Fashion Critic September 30, 2009 at 22:07 #

I wouldn’t argue with that

5. zoe September 30, 2009 at 21:47 #

lauren laverne, selena gomez and ESPECIALLY kristin cavallari look absolutely gorgeous. kristin looks so great with her hair pulled back from her face as well as with her hair down! :) i hope she’s reading your entry because she really does look amazing, and i’m glad she chose the right bra. :)

and doesn’t the coloring of selena’s clothes remind you of a milky, caramely, chocolate-y candy?

6. robbie September 30, 2009 at 22:05 #

wow how hilarous jenny frost hosts a show called “snog, marry avoid?” which they take skanky orange girls are make them “natural” and beautiful. yet she is orange and showingf alot of flesh lol.

marcia is looking “fierce” makes a nice change from her normal classic wardrobe.

oh please not another disney actress releasing an album, enough already she cant even sing.

7. stina September 30, 2009 at 22:15 #

I love Selena’s look. Young, fresh and something I would want to wear. Even though I’m a couple years older. :D

8. WendyB September 30, 2009 at 23:11 #

I didn’t know there was anyone except me who wasn’t a huge fan of tights these days! Though I admit I’m wearing them now. It’s the exception that proves the rule!

9. mol October 1, 2009 at 00:07 #

Yasmin Le Bon – ‘berry’ simple and gorgeous; Marcia Cross – too much surgery; and I love the Jonathan Saunders pieces, both of them.

10. Aideen October 1, 2009 at 06:49 #

dont you wish the soap awards ladies you featured a while ago dressed like these hair magazine award ladies? such a better representation of british fashion, well apart from jenni frost!

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2009 at 10:47 #

yes I agree. you will have noticed that I didn’t even feature that Inside Soap Awards

11. Jules O'C October 1, 2009 at 09:40 #

BUT – and usually I’m not that mean, and I really don’t wanna be now – but there is one word that blinked before my eyes after I’ve overcome my shock after seeing Yasmin LeBon – hobo-roots
    seriously. seriously? seriously!

12. Catherine October 1, 2009 at 10:33 #

The Alexander Wang dress which Tamsin is wearing..is worn by Blake Lively in set pictures for Gossip Girl (upcoming episode i assume), and i spotted it in the 2nd episode of the Beautiful Life (worn by ‘Vivenne’..not sure of the actresses’ name)
    Kristin looks great! and i rarely like her clothing choices..

13. Gaber October 1, 2009 at 11:15 #

My undying love for Ellen and Tamsin.
    So gorgeous!

Oh and are you sure Yasmin wore that outfit to the O2 awards? To me it looks more like she headed to the next Austin Powers’ movie audition.
    Seriously, just no.

14. Ally October 1, 2009 at 12:28 #

Tamsin looks gorgeous! I also love Kristen’s look.

15. Line October 1, 2009 at 17:16 #

Kristen and Lauren looks so good.
    I love Lauren’s light skin and hair against the black dress, tights and shoes. Just beautiful!
    And Kristen is just. Wauw!
    The leather and the lace makes a perfect match.

16. Ling October 1, 2009 at 19:00 #

I love Lauren Laverne’s dress, it’s so cute. I don’t think much of Kristen Cavallari, probably because so many people have worn that leather skirt/lacy top combo it’s getting a bit old for me. Selena Gomez looks adorable, I love that skirt! I find it funny that Jenny Frost is dressed like that seeing as she presents Snog, Married or Avoid …

• Ling October 1, 2009 at 19:01 #

sorry it’s Snog, Marry or Avoid not Married!!

17. nina October 2, 2009 at 19:43 #

isn’t the Jonathan Saunders dress from last week’s Spring 2010 show… not Fall ’09??!

18. nina October 2, 2009 at 21:24 #

i’m sorry, I meant the piece underneath:

MarieB, why so rude? I like the dress and wanted to know the proper Designer/Season.

• Fashion Critic October 2, 2009 at 21:36 #

I have updated. Thanks

19. laura October 3, 2009 at 23:00 #

Tamsin looked gorgeous
    my fav from this event!
    idk who she is but she’s a different beauty, really nice!!!