30.09.09

Luisa Beccaria Spring 2010

Luisa Beccaria’s Spring 2010 presentation was the 3rd show I attended during Milan Fashion Week.

The presentation was in a much smaller venue to the Versace and Roberto Cavalli shows I attended, but that only added to the charm and the ambiance of this seductive presentation.

I’ve often said that I would wish to see Luisa Beccaria more on the red carpet as she produces such stunning pieces, and this collection proved no different.

The collection embraced femininity that evokes the 50s Hollywood glamour, bringing a fresh new perspective to the brands romantic aesthetic.

There was particular emphasize on bustier dresses with plunging necklines.

Volume was created via tons of tulle.

Ruffles draped like petals of flowers gracefully around necklines, shoulders and skirts.

The cocktail dresses and gowns were strapless, off-the-shoulder, knee-length, floor-length, mini and the finale gown had a rise and fall hemline. Luisa really did make a dress for every woman.

There were beautiful flowery prints on a colour palette of lilac, ivory, pink, grey, blue, gold and silver. Not a hint of black.

Here is the finale video I shot.

You can view the whole collection on Style.com.

At the presentation was a Citroen C3 Picasso, which was Styled by Luisa Beccaria herself.

The entire bodywork was floral from the seats to the instrument panel, it wouldn’t surprise me if the air bag had a floral design.

The gear knob was interesting as it was made out of Venetian glass in the shape of a rose.

Luisa dressed this Citroen as she dresses women, with a romantic senual empowerment.

Imagine receiving this beauty at your sweet 16.

[nggallery id=193]

Pictures taken by me & Luisa Beccaria

In Leighton Meester's Closet - Lanvin and Proenza Schouler

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Lanvin and Proenza Schouler

In Serena Williams & Ciara's Closet - Gryphon Gold Sequin Racerback Tank

In Serena Williams & Ciara’s Closet – Gryphon Gold Sequin Racerback Tank

9 Comments

9 Responses to Luisa Beccaria Spring 2010

1. Hellwafashion September 30, 2009 at 12:34 #

Wow!they are beautiful dresses. love it!

2. martdip September 30, 2009 at 12:42 #

wonderful!!!i love the collection,is very romantic and so chic,and the car,AMAZING!!!

3. Victoria September 30, 2009 at 12:57 #

Oh my my! Look at that car! :D If I was looking to buy a car, this would be it! LOVE IT! :D

4. Paulie September 30, 2009 at 12:59 #

Okay, I don’t care for the car… but the dresses: Gorgeous! Very girly.

5. Ally September 30, 2009 at 13:03 #

Wow, the girlie girl in me is kind of in love with this collection. I’d love to see the first silver dress on Anne Hathaway and the purple dress on the top row on Natalie Portman. Really I think I could see every piece you posted on someone fabulous!

6. Linda September 30, 2009 at 13:17 #

I love these dresses! So pretty and feminine. Leighton Meester should wear the second dress on the bottom row. Ally, I love your picks, esp the one for Natalie Portman, who would look seriously divine in that dress. The middle dress, bottom row, I would love to see a teenaged actress.

• Ally September 30, 2009 at 15:20 #

Thanks, Linda :). I was actually thinking while I was typing my comment that Leighton would look good in that purple dress on the bottom row or the floral dress on the top row! And I could definitely see that middle dress on Taylor Swift.

• Linda September 30, 2009 at 16:40 #

LOL! Well, they say great minds think alike…

7. LeeAnn September 30, 2009 at 17:03 #