28.09.09

Versace Spring 2010

On my way to the Versace Spring 2010 show I was so excited I could hardly wipe the massive grin off my face.

Outside the venue there was the biggest crowd of people I had ever seen. Everyone was desperate to see this show.

My seat in the 4th row gave me a perfect view in the beautifully dim-lit room with white sheets draping from the ceiling. It felt so romantic.

I was 3 rows behind Anna Wintour and BFF Roger Federer who looked really shy with all the attention his attendance with the most powerful woman in fashion was creating.

Once Janet Jackson took her seat, the lights went down and the music started.

The first few looks were ultra short, colourful and beautiful.

One of my favourite mini was the pink mirrored mini dress worn by Natasha Poly. I would love to see this dress on the red carpet at the upcoming American Music Awards. Katy Perry immediately springs to mind.

Bustier dresses, short skirts, tight-fitted tops, polka dotted pants, and belted coats were all presented alongside the minis.

The colour palette ranged from baby blue, pink, lime, aqua, grey, white, silver and yellow.

The prints were very striking. Some were tropical and some were psychedelic. PVC skirts and dresses were covered in these prints, which were worn over bikini’s and panties.

The collection wasn’t all about ultra short mini dresses on leggy models, we were also presented with sultry gowns Versace is known for.

The gowns stood apart with thigh-high splits, cut-out details, slashes to the hips and embellishments.

I would love to see Kate Winslet wearing the plunging mint green gown, and Penelope Cruz wearing the aqua blue one-shouldered gown.

There was something for everyone in this collection. Teen Hollywood will love the minis, and daring A listers will love the gowns.

I was able to go backstage where I saw those amazingly high printed platform heels that the models wore, plus the candy coloured bags they carried.

These bags will no doubt become the ‘IT’ bag next summer.

The show finished with the models all lined up showing the best pieces from the presentation, prior to Donatella Versace taking her bow.

It was the perfect way for Donatella to close the show.

Becki Newton said that when she attended the Jason Wu Spring 2010 show it was “The Best Hour Of My Life”. I totally share that sentiment for my experience at the Versace show.

It was as exhilarating as I had expected and more. I still get butterflies thinking about it.

Credit: Style.com

Front Row @ Milan Fashion Week

Front Row @ Milan Fashion Week

In Demi Moore's Closet - Christian Dior Granville Tote

In Demi Moore’s Closet – Christian Dior Granville Tote

18 Responses to Versace Spring 2010

1. Paulie September 28, 2009 at 12:41 #

I’ve just never been able to warm with D&G. Dunno…

• Linda September 28, 2009 at 16:51 #

Me neither.

• Paulie September 28, 2009 at 17:04 #

We seem to be the only ones! *lol*

2. Coraline September 28, 2009 at 12:58 #

The collection looks beautiful I love it!!!
    FC, how come you get invited to the fashion shows? Are you considered as a Fashion journalist?
    I am a student in Fashion Design at LCF and I don’t know where to get an invit for fashion shows… If someone can help ;-)

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2009 at 13:03 #

I either get invited by the PRs who are familiar with my blog, or I request an invitation via the PRs.

3. Ally September 28, 2009 at 13:10 #

Somewhere, Blake Lively is salivating! Which one do we think she will get her hands on first? I’m betting the pink one on the first row.

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2009 at 13:12 #

Any of the minis and plunging dresses.

• Lee September 29, 2009 at 09:29 #

LOL You hit the nail on the head about Blake Ally :-D

4. Monkey September 28, 2009 at 13:19 #

When I looked at the gowns Blake Lively kept on propping up in my head. I really can’t wait to see this collection and atelier on the red carpet.

5. Denise September 28, 2009 at 13:43 #

That short pink dress in the first row as soon as I saw it all I thought was Beyonce. Plunged neckline, it shines, and its short. She would rock that on stage in one of her performances.

But yeah overall I’m liking the collection a lot.

6. Kathleen September 28, 2009 at 14:46 #

Love the collection. Just a thought – but I wonder how Anna and Roger became so close. they seem so different?

7. WendyB September 28, 2009 at 15:54 #

What a great show to go to! I’m happy for you.

8. Leti September 28, 2009 at 16:13 #

Anna is an avid tennis play (an fan), so they’ve got that in common . . .

9. Tania September 28, 2009 at 17:17 #

I love the collection, I can see Rihanna and Victoria Beckham wearing the grey trouser suit.

10. robbie September 28, 2009 at 17:59 #

gorgeous collection, LOVE those bags though i would do anything to own one of those so bright and colourful perfect for a spring summer collection. just hope next year celebs start wearing colour instead of black, grey and white.

also cant wait to see which pieces donatella modifies for herself.

11. Dorian Gray September 28, 2009 at 20:53 #

Versace was the best in MIlan Fashion Week. Full stop.

12. zuleyka chia September 29, 2009 at 07:12 #

i love this collection bcoz it kinda remind me og gianni versace’s collection in the 90’s….
    very vibrant full with colour but very chic…

13. Mulberry Outlet Shepton Mallet December 8, 2012 at 12:56 #

People enjoyed the stamps very much.I love this game.He is taller than I by ahead.Would you care to see it sit down for a while?The Smiths are my neighbors.How much cloth does it take to make a skirt for the girl? How much cloth does it take to make a skirt for the girl? Cancer is a deadly disease.Not yet.It’s a secret between you and me.