27.09.09

7th Annual Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party

Katie Cassidy was the only one who really impressed me at this event.

Jessica Stroup’s ‘Best Red Carpet Newcomber of 2009′ title is being strongly contested by this girl.

Katie was by far the best dress of the night wearing a watermelon Paule Ka Spring 2009 skirt with tulip bubble details, which she paired with a purple bustier trimmed with lace.

As always the pumps don’t really work for me, but everything else – including her Louis Vuitton Motard satin clutch – is perfection.

Noot Seear opted for an edgier/laidback look wearing a Phi Fall 2009 leather skirt with an asymmetrical exposed zipper and a white tank.

I really dislike the shoes with this look.

Editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue Amy Astley, arrived at this D&G sponsored party wearing a grape D&G Fall 2009 top with voluminous sleeves, paired with navy pants.

Kelly Osbourne’s D&G black satin dress was covered with black and white shamrock appliqués on the sleeves to make the dress more interesting.

“Dancing With the Stars” is paying off. She looks amazing.

Victoria Justice looks so grown up, but not too old in her poppy red BCBG Max Azria sleeveless shift dress.

The dress is covered with hundreds of red paillette’s which matches her ruby lips.

Naturi Naughton didn’t go all out this time.

Instead wearing a simple one-shouldered jersey dress, but add a bit of drama to her look opting for a large jeweled belt.

Chelsea Staub’s canary yellow dress would have stood out on the red carpet.

I love the gold detailed neckline on her BCBG Max Azria dress.

I love Miranda Cosgrove’s floaty ribbon print D&G dress.

It’s nice, but not too cutesy.

It very much suits her style and personality.

I feel a bit disappointed by AnnaLynne McCord’s look.

I expected her to be in the same league as Katie, but I’m really unimpressed by this look.

Jessica Lowndes wore a cute strapless dress with a sequined bodice plus a black and white skirt.

I feel like I see this look on Jessica quite a bit.  I love her to try something new.

Lily Collins opted for a black D&G strapless dress.

Selena Gomez wore a silky black and grey ensemble.

Ashley Tisdale wore a Kate Moss for Topshop Trophy studded dress, which draped low enough to expose her bra through the sheer part of the dress.

Her dress was paired with Christian Louboutin snake skin heels.

Jesscia Stroup opted for a black BCBG Max Azria jumpsuit paired with a green clutch and black open-toe booties.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

26 Comments
Best Dressed Of The Week - Emma Watson In Burberry Prorsum & January Jones In Atelier Versace

Best Dressed Of The Week – Emma Watson In Burberry Prorsum & January Jones In Atelier Versace

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2010

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2010

26 Responses to 7th Annual Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party

1. Jules O'C September 27, 2009 at 15:17 #

imo katie oozes fun
    which makes it wonderful to look at her no matter what she’s sporting
    but theres Jess Stroup *heartsheartshearts* so I don’t really see noone else

2. Paulie September 27, 2009 at 15:35 #

Victoria Justice stand out for me. Nice one!

• Stuti September 27, 2009 at 16:34 #

Agreed. She looks amazing, wish she had worn strappy heels.

• GRACE September 28, 2009 at 04:08 #

I agree. Victoria looks amazing. I feel disappointed by what seems like a lack of colour and ‘wow’ here… Selena Gomez, what happened??

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2009 at 08:38 #

I agree. That’s why I grouped them together

3. Daneka September 27, 2009 at 15:41 #

Chelsea Staub, Miranda Cosgrove & Ashley Tisdale are my favorites…

4. stilettolover91 September 27, 2009 at 16:15 #

Katie looks amazing!! Do you know what brand her pumps are??

P.S: You didn’t mention Aly Michalka, she was there too. Do you anything about what she wore?

5. Sharky Snarky September 27, 2009 at 16:29 #

Ouch, I really dislike Katie’s outfit – it seems like she forgot to put on the top.

But Victoria Justice looks awesome in that petal dress!

6. Kim September 27, 2009 at 16:35 #

I thought AnnaLynne looked cute but maybe not for that event.

7. Stuti September 27, 2009 at 16:39 #

I love Miranda Cosgrove’s dress.
    I have always loved purple and red together, Katie is perfect example why.

8. ullis September 27, 2009 at 17:00 #

Justice = beautiful

Ashley looks really stunning as well !

9. Weber September 27, 2009 at 17:04 #

OMG, I’m really in love with U, Kelly O . *—–*
    She’s kinda AMAZING HOT * -*
    Victoria Justice looks older, a little boring
    ahhh, I disagree… I don’t know why, but I like this AnnaLynne’s dress, minus the clutch…
    The rest looks normal… I feel a little bit disappointed with Jessica Stroup’s look
    but her make up and hair is perfect :)

10. Danielle September 27, 2009 at 17:09 #

AnnaLynne’s dress is from D&G or Dolce & Gabbana. A couple of years old, I’d say circa 2006. Melanie B wore it once to some sort of Spice Girls reunion where they were signing a private plane.

11. ayuni September 27, 2009 at 17:42 #

kelly’s looking amazing. i’m loving miranda and victoria justice. miranda always look like she having fun. gotta love her.

12. nyma September 27, 2009 at 18:50 #

Kate knocked it outta tha ball park! loves the skirt combined with the purple corset like top. Kelly is killing it in that figure of hers. I noticed that a lot of people decided to go safe with black when it should’ve been more fun since it was the ‘Teen’ Vogue Party….rnt younger ppl ought to be more adventurous? guess not…

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2009 at 19:29 #

I thought they would have been more adventurous too.

Too much black for my liking.

13. Mackentiff September 27, 2009 at 23:18 #

I’m not really a fan of purple & pink colour combos but Katie is rocking that outfit. How awesome are the Paule Ka runway boots?
    I think Kelly is my fav.

14. Crispy September 28, 2009 at 00:04 #

I feel a bit disappointed by AnnaLynne McCord’s existence….

15. Linda September 28, 2009 at 00:45 #

Katie Cassidy – BDOTW contender imo. My new favourite youngster on the red carpet. She’s always so colourful and fun.

Victoria Justice – lovely, standout dress, but the superboring shoes are a huge letdown. With all the shoes at these girls’ disposal, it amazes me to see plain black pumps.

Naturi Naughton – rocking that red dress. Love the belt, shoes and that jewelled detail hanging from the dress. You know how you’re supposed to take off one thing before you leave, though? In this case, the earrings gots to go. Otherwise, I love it!

Chelsea Staub – BDOTW contender? I love how her dress is demure, but up close, the peekaboo embellishment is very sexy over her cleavage. I usually don’t love yellow, as I find it’s a difficult colour, but this shade is perfection.

Jessica Stroup – basic black, but still looking like a total fashionista.

Editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue Amy Astley – Wow. Not a good look, esp. for an editor of a fashion mag who is hosting a party.

16. georgie apt September 28, 2009 at 01:41 #

Ahh, i think AnnaLynne is in that fatal experimentation stage of her style, she clearly hasn’t found her feet when it comes to her own identity yet shown by the contrasting stuff she’s worn this past year. The girl is a stunner, i reckon this time next year she’s going to have found what she likes and will constantly be wowing us all!

Kelly Osborne! Wow! I mean, the girl has taken a complete 180 from a few years ago! She’s chic, she’s cool, and she’s managed to pull an envious figure out the bag! love her!

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2009 at 08:39 #

Good point about AnnaLynne. I did think she found her ‘look’, but I guess I was wrong on this evidence

17. Cheryl September 28, 2009 at 01:45 #

I love how a lot of the outfits featured embellishments or a detail of some sort. Victoria Justice and Katie Cassidy are the best dressed for this event. There’s way too much black going on for a Teen Vogue “Young” Hollywood occasion. I would have loved to have seen some pop of colour from the celebs wearing black.

18. Sue Jin September 28, 2009 at 02:41 #

Wow, I had to google Victoria Justice. I can’t believe she’s only 16! she looks so mature for her age. SHe some what remind me of Camilla Belle. they both ooze the similar sophistication and classyness

19. Lala/S-R September 28, 2009 at 17:31 #

Sh*t Kelly looks AMAZING!! Dayummmmmmmmmmmmm.
    LOL

20. Ling September 28, 2009 at 18:03 #

LOVE Victoria Justice (despite not knowing who she is …!) and Miranda Cosgrove’s outfits … hope they’re up for BDOTW but it’s only Monday I guess!

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2009 at 18:48 #

I’ll remember your picks :)

We will see how the week pans out.