Metropolitan Opera 2009-10 Season Opening Night

Julie Macklowe will be the envy of every celebrity and socialite in New York, as she was the first to get her hands on the Jason Wu Spring 2010 collection.

She walked the red carpet wearing a multi print sculptural dress, paired with high heeled pumps and a silver clutch.

Karolina Kurkova delicately caressed her baby bump with a stunning silver gown from the Marchesa Spring 2008 collection.

Three quarters of the bodice was embellished, with a chiffon detail covering her other shoulder and draping through-out the rest of the gown.

Her look was paired with silver heels.

Joy Bryant sticks to her tried, trusted and favourite brand.

This time the fresh faced beauty wore a red and black print Missoni Pre-Fall 2009 modified gown which was cinched in at the waist with a red belt.

If someone has offered me this Zac Posen Resort 2010 gown with voluminous sleeves, I would have declined after seeing the runway picture.

But on Mischa Barton the gown is outstanding.

She used a large chunky gold belt and makes the gown slightly off-the-shoulder, swept her hair over the opposite shoulder as if my magic, I’ve fallen in love with the gown.

Patricia Clarkson is elegant as always wearing a one shoulder Gucci gown, with a diamante detailing which gathers the dress towards her hip.

Flawless make-up and a black Gucci clutch complete the look.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Wireimage

Jaime King's Spike TV’s 'Guys Choice Awards' Smouldering Eye Makeup

Jaime King’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards’ Smouldering Eye Makeup

"Zombieland" LA Premiere

“Zombieland” LA Premiere

17 Responses to Metropolitan Opera 2009-10 Season Opening Night

1. ella September 24, 2009 at 12:11 #

wow….just wow….Julie Macklowe’s really rocking that dress…and the shoes are just perfect.

2. justme September 24, 2009 at 12:52 #

Everybody looks great.
    My faves are the Jason Wu dress (shorter and sassier on the model) and the Missoni one (better on Joy).
    I gotta give props to Mischa though. She was very inspired by wearing that gown off-the-shoulder. It makes a lot of difference imo.

3. georgie apt September 24, 2009 at 12:53 #

Mischa must have got a new stylist because that girl has been getting it pretty much right lately, after past few dreadful years, the beauty is back on her game and i’m loving it!

4. Ling September 24, 2009 at 13:11 #

Joy Bryant looks stunning as usual, but I’m more impressed with Mischa Barton – it looks like she’s improving, has she got a new stylist? I’m glad that she’s stopped wearing so much makeup, I always knew that she was naturally pretty!

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 13:23 #

Not sure about the stylist, but you are so right about the make-up

5. Stjarna September 24, 2009 at 13:16 #

Wow!! I’m really in love with Zac Posen dress and the way Misha Burton modernize it. That belt it’s fantastic!!

6. WendyB September 24, 2009 at 14:03 #

I love the Zac Posen but would have done it without the belt.

7. Linda September 24, 2009 at 14:21 #

These are all great looks.
    Julie Macklowe – that dress is just sooo pretty.
    Karolina Kurkova – beats out Klum any day. She looks soft, beautiful and classy in that Marchesa dress. Love it.
    Joy Bryant – what can I say? That woman consistently makes any clothes she wears look like perfection.
    Mischa Barton – I’m sooo glad she’s ditched the raccoon makeup and brushed her hair. She has a unique style, and more hits than misses lately. I love the way she styled this dress, it looks great, fresh and original. We do like us a risk taker.
    Patricia Clarkson – understated perfection.

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 14:23 #

LOL @ raccoon

8. Chiara September 24, 2009 at 14:56 #

Great dresses! Especially the first one, and those shoes!!! Yummy.

9. mol September 24, 2009 at 15:34 #

The make-up, hairstyle, jewelery, the way she styled the dress – everything impresses me with Micha’s look.

10. zzarazza September 24, 2009 at 16:22 #

Go Mischa!

Does anybody know the brand of Julie Macklowe’s shoes? They remind me of Cavalli Iridescent opentoes and Miu Miu had the ‘oily’ colored model but the shape is definitely different.

• mol September 24, 2009 at 17:16 #

I have a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs from last year that are that iridescent oily blue color, the heel profile and everything looks the same, but I’m not a shoe expert……

11. Sydne September 24, 2009 at 20:21 #

You are so on point: “I think we could have a maternity style face-off between Heidi Klum and Karolina.” Literally right before I read that I thought, Wow, Heidi has some competition in bump beauty!

12. sydneycheapchic September 25, 2009 at 10:20 #

I am loving Julie Macklowe Jason Wu dress… so gorgeous! i want that dress!

Mischa and Joy also looks beautiful!

13. Leo September 26, 2009 at 04:22 #

Joy Bryant looks outstanding for the second time in a row. It’s so chic yet it is so effortless.

Mischa Barton really made a weird looking gown turn into a very interesting one. I love all the acessories.

14. kim September 27, 2009 at 04:00 #

Love the jason wu look but it’s too similar to the louis vuitton leighton wore at the costume institute gala….the top half and print are almost identical!
    Joy is gorgeous as always – wonder if RZ is still styling her?