“Fame” LA Premiere

Kherington Payne wore a silver olive green velvet Christian Cota Fall 2009 asymmetrical dress.

I love this dress. It’s interesting, it’s young and sassy, and Kherington looks to be having fun on the red carpet.

Her look was paired with Judith Ripka jewelry, a black Daniel Swarovski clutch and black strappy Stuart Weitzman heels.

Kay Panabaker’s modified Ports 1961 dress is gorgeous. I love the stunning colours, the one-sleeved effect and that beaded neckline.

What I don’t love are those grey heels.

The colour works, but the heels look a little too big for her.

Naturi Naughton said to herself that everyone’s going to remember ‘my’ name after this premiere.

Whilst her co-stars opted for cute sassy dresses, Naturi went all out wearing a stunning purple mermaid gown which I LOVE.

It’s only seems slightly OTT because of how the others are dressed, but for me she looks amazing.

This is what red carpet dressing is all about. I think I love this so much because if this was my premiere on a major movie, I would dress like this also.

Work it girl.

Ashley Tisdale’s look was super casual.

She opted for a really cute pink playsuit, which is more of a just popping to the mall look than red carpet ready.

Jessica Lowndes wore a sparkling striped skirt with a simple black tee and still looks amazing.

I love the two tone look she has going on here which work on her shoes and jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Sidewalk - Beyonce Knowles In Matthew Williamson

Runway To Sidewalk – Beyonce Knowles In Matthew Williamson

Runway To Claridge's Hotel - Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbanaa

Runway To Claridge’s Hotel – Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbanaa

18 Responses to “Fame” LA Premiere

1. mol September 24, 2009 at 18:22 #

There’s a lot of asymmetrical dresses that I can take or leave, but I absolutely love this Christian Cota design, and I love that Kherington wore her hair asymmetrically as well. I also think that Jessica Lowndes looks super chic and clever.

2. julia September 24, 2009 at 18:36 #

i wonder why ashleys hair is blond again..
    yes.her look is really casual!
    i loved her with brown hair..want them back =(

• Victoria September 25, 2009 at 13:42 #

I liked her better with brown hair too but she said on her twitter that she dyed it blonde for a new project. :)

3. Dana September 24, 2009 at 18:48 #

I think that purple mermaid gown is WAY too much. But I’ve always hated mermaid gowns with a passion.

4. Linda September 24, 2009 at 19:14 #

I LOVE the Christian Cota dress Kherington Payne is wearing. She styled it well, too, but maybe a shoe that was a teensy less busy would have made for a sleeker look?
    Naturi Naughton – normally don’t like mermaid style either, Dana,, but this girl can make me look past that. I like the neckline and shoulder detailing, but more importantly, she’s clearly having fun and loving her look, which makes me want to love it too.

5. Kim September 24, 2009 at 19:21 #

I must admit the mermaid gown doesn’t sit well with me and I hate to say it. I love that she dressed up though b/c while Jessica looked cute it was not quite enough for me. I did like Kay’s red dress! Too bad she looked like Suri Cruise in those shoes!

6. Ally September 24, 2009 at 19:26 #

Perfect dress to show off Kherrington dancer’s body. Loved her on So You Think You Can Dance, so it is great to see her get a movie part :) (even if it is for a movie I have zero interest in seeing).

7. Kellyn September 24, 2009 at 19:54 #

I love Kherington Payne’s dress, it is youthful, fun, and sexy!! And I also love Kay Panabaker’s dress, it’s Fall 2009 Ports 1961! The color is amazing!

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 20:15 #

thanks for the id. Very helpful of you.

8. justme September 24, 2009 at 22:31 #

I love Kherington and Jessica’s looks.

9. zoe September 24, 2009 at 22:33 #

jessica lowndes looks super awesome. i’m loving her look! i’m telling you, dark hair and blue eyes is such a fab combo.

10. Kim September 24, 2009 at 22:48 #

I just looked again and Ashley wouldn’t even be the cutest/best dressed girl at the mall on a random day!

11. robbie September 25, 2009 at 00:03 #

kherington, its a cute dress but boring colour.

kay, love the dress its really nice.

naturi, dont like it seems to beyonce meets diana ross for my liking. she is young but she is wearing something most older women would wear.

ashley, its nice a bit too casual but its really cute a nice burst of colour.

jessica, LOVE the whole outfit really nice.

and as for all their shoes black and grey. cant they be a little more adventurous with their shoe choices. as for kays shoes surely she could have got the smaller size than that. i never understand why women get shoes that are obviusly too big for them.

12. Louise September 25, 2009 at 09:11 #

I must admit I’m not a fan of either of those first two looks. For some reason they seem uncomfortable to me.

13. Victoria September 25, 2009 at 13:44 #

My favourite look from this premiere is Jessica’s look although Kay’s dress is really pretty too. :)

14. Leo September 26, 2009 at 04:20 #

So much fug, so little space.

Kherington Payne looks like Paris Hilton on a bad hair day.

Kay Panabaker borrowed her older sister’s dress. And shoes, those look like she could not walk properly.

Naturi Naughton is so overdressed to this event it’s not even funny. Plus that dress is terrible.

Ashley Tisdale went dressed as Barbie beach blonde hilton siter.

Jessica Lowndes does look nice. But she’s too matchy-matchy for my taste.

15. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 3, 2012 at 18:57 #

Ashley Tisdale brightens up the red carpet in this playful fuschia jumpsuit!! Love her addition of sling bag and cut out booties!! Kherington Payne’s silver one shoulder mini is gorgeous!! Those Stuart Weizmann black strappy heels are to die for, fabulous!! Kay Panabaker’s Ports 1961 colorful modified mini is young and fresh look for the actress!! Naturi Naughton purple mermaid gown is stunning and her colourful statement earrings and bracelet are friggin outstanding!! Perfection achieved!!

16. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 3, 2012 at 18:57 #

Ashley Tisdale brightens up the red carpet in this playful fuschia jumpsuit!! Love her addition of sling bag and cut out booties!! Kherington Payne’s silver one shoulder Christian Cota mini is gorgeous!! Those Stuart Weizmann black strappy heels are to die for, fabulous!! Kay Panabaker’s Ports 1961 colorful modified dress is young and fresh look for the actress, but she should opt for another shoes!! Naturi Naughton purple mermaid gown is stunning and her colourful statement earrings and bracelet are friggin outstanding!! Perfection achieved!!