23.09.09

Social Events Of The Week

10th Anniversary Woodstock Film Festival Launch Party, New York

Lucy Liu, you I love you more than most but this BCBG Max Azria Fall 2009 dress does nothing for you.

I don’t like the colour nor the shape.  It looks restricting like a straitjacket.

I will however compliment you on your Krocoa black patent clutch and dove grey peep-toes.

The Wonderbra Party Edition Launch, London

I only had to look at those fine embellishments around Dita Von Teese’s bust line to recognise that this black fitted skirt suit is by Dior.

The perfect silhouette for our porcelain princess.

Style360 Fashion Week Closing Party, New York

I’m quite surprised how much I like this chocolate brown embellished Hervé Léger by Max Azria Fall 2009 bandage dress.

She paired the dress with the perfect pair of strappy sandals.

NSF, The Human Society, And The GQ Magazine Benefit, LA

With her boyish crop Ginnifer Goodwin flashed us a smile wearing a leopard print Escada Fall 2009 button down dress with a fold-over detail, paired with black satin Brian Atwood “Starlet” pumps.

The lengths those Kardashian sisters will go to outdo each other sets a new low in attention seeking.

Khloe Kardashian who I believe is set to get married to her boyfriend of 5 mins this weekend, arrived at this event wearing sheer black sweater dress, which exposed her bra.

Seriously is it that hard to realise a nude bra will show up under a black dress such as this?

I’ve been on the fence regarding thigh-high boots for a while now, but Khloe has totally killed any desire I may have been secretly harboring.

Her Christian Louboutin Supra Fifre 120 thigh-high boots are so ‘Pretty Woman’.

“Par Coeur Gala” for Association Make A Wish with Tony Parker, Paris

Eva Longoria’s purple strapless dress neither excites nor disappoints.

It’s on-the-fence OK.

Gucci and Windsor Smith Honor Dr. James Orbinski and Dignitas International, New York

Camilla Belle opted for a navy blue wool kilt dress with buckle detailing down one-side.

Her look is paired with Gucci midnight blue platform heels and grey Gucci clutch.

2nd Annual ACM Honors, Nashville

I have grouped Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler together because they are equally tragic.

Seriously ladies what happened to you?

Did you lose Naeem Khan and Georges Chakra’s number?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Peter Pilotto Spring 2010

Peter Pilotto Spring 2010

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Mischa Barton or Elettra Wiedemann

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Mischa Barton or Elettra Wiedemann

16 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Dorian Gray September 23, 2009 at 23:31 #

Eva Longoria’s dress is Versace, I read it on their Twitter official link.

2. Camila September 23, 2009 at 23:52 #

I didn’t like Eva Longoria’s dress. It just.. Doesn’t work for her.

And Camilla Belle needs to use some body lotion in her legs. I mean.. her knees are white. But I loved her dress.

I guess that’s it.

kisses!

3. Victoria September 24, 2009 at 00:48 #

i agree with most of your comments, the bcbg does nothing for lucy and eva’s and kloe’s looks are somewhat tacky in my opinion. not a fan of camilla belle but that dress looks really chic on her.

4. Clancy September 24, 2009 at 00:58 #

Max Azria recently was a guest judge on Project Runway, and the look he picked as his favorite was done by Epperson.. similar, no? :)http://projectrunway.auction.seenon.com/images/au/604_Epperson_Lg.jpg

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 11:13 #

yes it’s similar

5. Linda September 24, 2009 at 01:51 #

This is a step in the right direction for Eva, but she looks to be a size too small in the bodice, doing herself no favours there.

6. Linda September 24, 2009 at 01:53 #

I, too, am surprised I’m not offended by Misha Barton’s look. And she totally did pick the right shoes. Girlfiriend is looking better these days. Must be that new show she’s starring in having a good effect on her.

7. Candy Factory September 24, 2009 at 02:48 #

I love Mischa’s whole outfit (despite not being a fan of hers!). She cleaned up good and looks amazing. Best dressed of the week?

Kelly Pickler wasn’t that bad for me! :)

8. Paulo September 24, 2009 at 03:55 #

I am so over the Kardashians. I mean, Khloe was a guest on E!’s Fashion Police for the Emmys. Seriously, Khloe – criticizing people’s fashion.

I really adore Camilla Belle. Her choices are not teeny bopper and very sophisticated yet still age appropriate. These starlets could learn a thing or two from her.

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 10:59 #

I still can’t believe Khloe and Kourtney have their own show.

Who watches that rubbish?

9. Lena September 24, 2009 at 04:12 #

Camilla Belle’s outfit is so simple, so chic, I just love it! This girl can do no wrong.

Does anyone know what clutch khloe is carrying?

10. Noora Al-thani September 24, 2009 at 08:43 #

you guyz Mischa Barton dress looks like that dress from project runway right?????????

11. S September 24, 2009 at 08:47 #

Love your “boyfriend of 5 mins” comment :p

Camilla Belle looks amazing.. It’s simple but she’s glowing!! BDOTW.

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 10:57 #

ha…it’s so true though. Have they even been dating a month?

12. Harris September 24, 2009 at 13:00 #

So I’m with you. I surprisingly like Mischa’s whole look for the first time in oh, ever.

and what happened to Carrie Underwood? she is hunching on the red carpet.

13. Lee September 25, 2009 at 10:37 #

I agree with most of your comments too fashion critic. Khloe is just trashy!

Ginnifer is just sooo cute! That girl can do no wrong.

Camilla looks good though, although I think she should either close her mouth or give us a proper smile. That facial expression looks like a grimace.

I actually think Carrie and Kelly’s dresses are ok – not great but not bad either :)