Runway To The Oprah Winfrey Show: Fridays Live from New York

It’s not often that I feature Oprah Winfrey on my blog, but she has finally worn a look from the runway.

Oprah Winfrey looked beautiful wearing a Tadashi Shoji Fall 2009 dress on her “Live New York” show last week, which was filmed from the Rumsey Playfield in Central Park.

The interesting feature of this fuschia pink wide open-neck dress is the twisted and folded neckline.

You can’t just about see the red heels Oprah wore with dress.

I love the bold colour, it really works for her.

All I say about Mariah Carey’s look is “I like your Gucci lace up boots.”

Kelly Ripa was a guest on the show and she look beautiful wearing a racing green RM by Roland Mouret Scirocco crepe pencil dress with an asymmetric neckline and cap sleeves.

Kelly very much likes this silhouette, which is why she can often be seen wearing Victoria Beckham’s pencil dresses.

She didn’t accessorize her dress, because the sleek tailoring speaks for itself.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma, Bauer Griffin, Zimbio & Wireimage

In Kelly Ripa's Closet - RM by Roland Mouret Pencil Dress

In Kelly Ripa’s Closet – RM by Roland Mouret Pencil Dress

Runway To Fashion East Spring 2010 Presentation

Runway To Fashion East Spring 2010 Presentation

9 Responses to Runway To The Oprah Winfrey Show: Fridays Live from New York

1. Tamia September 23, 2009 at 15:28 #

Oprah looks lovely-that colour really works on her. FC, this is off-topic but I have to just talk about your wonderful page in company magazine. I’ve said it once and I’m going to say it again, why aren’t you a model!?you really bring the clothes to life with your on point posses. Your skin is flawless and facially you are a combination of Kerry Washington and Beverly Johnson.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 15:42 #

Thanks sweetie, very high praise indeed.

I used to model years ago, but I really didn’t enjoy it at all.

Suck out a lot of my confidence and self esteem. Very soul destroying

2. marvel September 23, 2009 at 15:59 #

Kelly looks great, sophisticated dresses really suit her. BTW you NEED to watch Gossip Girl eps 2. Blair wear ANOTHER Victoria Beckham dres (not just the red pencil dress)
    Looking forward to your thoughts on it

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 16:04 #

Yes I’ve heard.

Hopefully it will air in the UK soon

3. Aideen September 23, 2009 at 17:18 #

such a girl crush on kelly, love her, she looks great here.

4. Chiara September 23, 2009 at 17:29 #

Really like the cut of both dresses

5. Malena September 24, 2009 at 15:49 #

So funny, just the other day I was wondering how you never feature Oprah on your blog, and now here she is! Is it really that with all that money she has she so rarely wears any runway pieces?

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 15:54 #

I would guess that is the reason along

Also runway looks don’t always cater to people of her size

With all due respect to her

6. colorsforall October 7, 2009 at 15:39 #

Funny, I thought the color was wrong on Oprah. You know, is the color wearing her or the other way around?
    First thing I see is that pink, not Oprah’s face. It’s a shame because the style is very flattering for her current size, and when you wear the wrong color tone for you skin and hair, you will seem bigger…