23.09.09

Burberry Prorsum’s Spring 2010 Front Row

Brown Freshman Emma Watson traveled from Rhode Island to London for the Burberry Spring 2010 presentation during London Fashion Week.

Burberry’s Fall 2009 campaign girl traded her air miles for a custom-made Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010 golden dress.

Emma’s gold foil short sleeve front zip dress was paired with a black braided belt and black Burberry platforms.

Her hair was styled in a loose updo to complete her front row superstar look.

Despite only appearing in one movie Freida Pinto sealed her superstar status by not only being front row at the Burberry Spring 2010 presentation last night, but she also wore a dress from the presentation before it had hit the runway.

I adore this soft yellow twisted dress on her, as she is truly glowing.

She opted for a purple studded Burberry clutch and Rupert Sanderson Aspasia fuchsia leopard patent heels to complete her look.

Very interesting coloured accessories for her yellow dress.

Gwyneth Paltrow also opted for a twisted piece from the Spring 2010 collection.

Unfortunately her skirt/t-shirt/chunky boots combo doesn’t quite work for me.

Alexa Chung wore a classic Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2009 trench coat over her LBD.

Ankle boots as standard.

With her trademark Chanel sunglasses in check, Anna Wintour arrived at the presentation wearing a gold and bronzed Oscar de la Renta Fall 2009 dress, with bronze strappy kitten heel sandals.

How very chic Ms. Wintour.

Proving that she truly is the best ambassador for her brand, Victoria Beckham arrived in a black dress from her own Spring 2010 collection.

I’m grateful for this new silhouette, but I must ask how many Trib Two’s does Victoria own?

Lee Na Young wore the same Burberry Prorsum Fall 2009 gold floral dress/black coat combo Melissa George wore recently, which is leading me to believe that maybe if you buy the dress, you get the coat free.

Mary-Kate Olsen I believe traveled to London especially for this presentation.

The actress wore a black tulle dress under a black coat with black beetle bug brooch decorating her coat.

She accessorized with black suede Burberry wedge heels, dark sunglasses and an orange beaded bag.

Carine Roitfeld opted for an all black look which included a peaked shouldered blazer and a YSL vintage dress by Tom Ford.

As did Liv Tyler, who toughen up her look with Burberry Prorsum cut-out leather sandals.

[nggallery id=187]

Credit: Style.com, Getty, Zimbio & Wireimage

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010

In Kelly Ripa's Closet - RM by Roland Mouret Pencil Dress

In Kelly Ripa’s Closet – RM by Roland Mouret Pencil Dress

49 Responses to Burberry Prorsum’s Spring 2010 Front Row

1. Terry September 23, 2009 at 13:22 #

I totally LOVE Mary-Kate’s beetle brooch, I think it’s an amazing quirky touch to an otherwise quite boring ensemble. Oh, and I also love Carine’s sandals, fierce!

2. La Divina September 23, 2009 at 13:22 #

Carine wonderfull in YSL vintage dress by Tom Ford. I love her style.

Besis, take care.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 13:22 #

thanks for the ID

3. robbie September 23, 2009 at 13:23 #

emma, meh im not really loving it but im not hating it.

freida, i like hers better than the runway version. very cute.

gwyneth, its alright a bit to casual for front row though.

anna, amazing hell yeah! she looks frickin awesome.

victoria, sorry but only anna or carine can get away with not wearing the designer they are seeing.

lee, love it very nice the perfect dress for autumn. love the coat its so pretty.

mary kate, for the love of god someone tell her she is in her 202 not 60s. why must she always dress like a old trampy women.

carine, i love it classic but sexy. i want her shoes so much.

liv, very nice edgy but still cute.

4. S September 23, 2009 at 13:39 #

Would totally vote for Emma Watson for this weeks best dressed! Flawless.

• Victoria September 23, 2009 at 14:37 #

I totally agree! :D

5. GRACE September 23, 2009 at 13:45 #

I love, love, LOVE Emma- that girl can do no wrong!
    As for Freida, I love her look too- my first thought when I saw the collection was “I love that dress- pity ’bout the belt!” I think Freida wears it perfectly.

• Victoria September 23, 2009 at 14:38 #

Hahaha, I was smiling away at this comment from Grace.

I quote “I love, love, LOVE Emma- that girl can do no wrong!”

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! :D

6. S September 23, 2009 at 13:47 #

Oh, by the way just pointing out a factual error. Brown university is in Providence, Rhode Island. Not Massachusetts.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 13:54 #

thanks. My geography teacher will be furious. LOL

7. Adrien September 23, 2009 at 14:08 #

How funny your comment about the “free coat”
    Loved it! xx

8. Flora September 23, 2009 at 14:14 #

Doesn’t Emma have lectures she should be attending? Dress is Ok, don’t think it suits her particularly, though. Plus as usual, she looks fine from the neck down, but ten years old from the neck up. Maybe she’ll hit her stride when she’s 30.

Freida looks fabulous, love the colour on her, and love those funky shoes as well – great but unexpected choice.

Victoria B – zzzzzzzz

Alexa – zzzzz

Mary-Kate – zzzzzzzzz

When will these ladies mix it up a little?

Anna Wintour looks fab. She really shows these young supposed fashionistas what real style is.

What did you think of Agyness Deyn’s socks, by the way?

Oh, and fyi: Gwyneth may be wearing Burberry, but I’m not sure she was actually at this event – the pic is from an exhibition at Stella McCartney’s husband’s Established & Sons shop. I may be wrong, of course, it does happen!

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 14:18 #

Gwynie was at the Burberry show, but she didn’t walk the red carpet, so I used another picture from the same night of her wearing the same thing.

From the small pictures below you can see her seated next to Emma Watson

• Flora September 23, 2009 at 14:53 #

There you go, then, I AM wrong! Soz!

p.s: Freida should definitely be up for BDOTW, even though no doubt Emma will win, since her army of fans will always vote for her anyway. Sigh…

9. mol September 23, 2009 at 14:19 #

I always feel happy when I see a pix of Liv – she personifies a relaxed and refreshing beauty to me. I also like Mary Kate’s quirky look, she always stands apart. As for Emma and Frieda, they are Burberry’s golden girls!

10. Jessica September 23, 2009 at 14:43 #

Emma looks gorgeous! BDOTW!!

11. mm September 23, 2009 at 14:52 #

Mary Kate “Trampy OlD Women”, i so agree with that comment. where is she?, Is she really inside all that black. Liv looks so happy and laid back. I love Emma’s look!

12. Bego September 23, 2009 at 15:02 #

In my opinion Emma was flawless, that dress looks perfect on her. I like Freida’s look, specially the accessories she used, and the color of the dress against her skin tone. Alexa’s legs scare me a little they’re TINY!…. and her look is quite boring..

13. Ally September 23, 2009 at 15:09 #

Oh wow, apparently I should be a stylist. I promise I had not seen a picture of her when I commented on the last post that Emma should wear that top! I wish she had gone for the silvery one though. And for the people who are wondering why Emma isn’t at school, she said she was just coming in for this one show since she is a new face of Burberry.

14. Danielle September 23, 2009 at 15:10 #

It’s actually the second time that Anna Wintour is wearing that dress. She wore it to amfAR New York Kickoff Gala as well.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 15:14 #

yes she’s known for wearing this twice or more

• Cheryl September 25, 2009 at 02:44 #

That should be a good thing. It’s kind of refreshing to know that even Anna Wintour herself would wear really these clothes twice or more. I know celebrities get free stuff and all, but most of these clothes are way out of my range in terms of pricing. Sighs…clothes clothes CLOTHES! XD

15. Jenna September 23, 2009 at 15:14 #

I like Anna’s look.

Alexa’s booties only make her legs look freakishly skinny. Not flattering.

I love love love VB and the lady like dress. I like how her hair has grown out too.

16. Linda September 23, 2009 at 15:19 #

Victoria Beckham’s designs = boring, as do both Olsons in general + Gwenyth Paltrow.
    Carine Roitfield, whoever she is, is one scary looking chick. So is Anna Wintour up close, although her dress is fab. Emma Watson and Liv Tyler look good.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 15:42 #

Oh Anna Wintour will love you for your comment. Carine is the French Vogue editor in chief

• Patricia September 23, 2009 at 19:09 #

The second I saw Carine’s picture I thought the exact same thing “one scary looking chick”. I’ve seen her better, much better! I just wonder what is the matter with her face?

BTW, Emma Watson looks gorgeous and she appears to ba having fun, which makes her whole look even better!

17. Sophie Peters September 23, 2009 at 15:27 #

I love Freida’s whole look – it’s cool how she likes to do things out of the norm – like the black clutch and fuchsia Rupert Sanderson platforms. She’s becoming a true fashionista in my mind!
    Emma looks cool too.
    Freida for BDOTW xx

18. Cheryl September 23, 2009 at 15:33 #

I adore most of the looks, save some questionable shoe choices. However, I’m curious as to what shoes Roitfeld is wearing…They’re absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 15:40 #

I think they are Louboutin’s but I wasn’t too sure

• Cheryl September 25, 2009 at 02:57 #

I think they’re the very same Alaia heels that she’s been wearing to almost every event I’ve seen her in. AMFAR Charity Luncheon 2008, Wild Grass Premier 2009, Cinema Against Aids Gala, etc…

They were available at Browns but apparently they’ve sold out… :(

19. Rimini September 23, 2009 at 15:54 #

Love love Carine, she does look a bit emmm scary her tho.. whats with all the chunky chunky booties?

20. Vera September 23, 2009 at 15:55 #

I like Victoria, but I really wonder what is she doing here. Has she ever worn something Burberry’s? I do not remember.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 16:03 #

She’s very good friends with the designer Christopher Bailey and she has carried many of the bags in the past

• Vera September 23, 2009 at 16:08 #

Thank you!

21. Boeshane September 23, 2009 at 16:30 #

Gosh, what happened to Carine Roitfeld ?

22. eimear September 23, 2009 at 16:44 #

I heard Carine Roitfield once say in an interview that she never carries a handbag.. obviously she sometimes does! :)

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 17:20 #

a girls gotta put her lipstick somewhere :)

• eimear September 24, 2009 at 00:38 #

very true!

• Rimini September 24, 2009 at 16:13 #

I belive she said she doesnt believe in the IT bag trend and rarely carries a handbag ;)

23. nicole September 23, 2009 at 17:06 #

love Freida’s look!! the colour plus the statement clutch and shoes works so well!!
    Emma is just ok for me

24. Ann September 23, 2009 at 18:02 #

I love Emma’s look. This dress suits her very well. She should be in BDOTW. Fredia Pinto and Anna Wintour are also my favourite. I understand why Mr. Bailey made dress especially for Emma as she’s the face of the company now but why so many other celebs are wearing clothes from upcoming collection?

25. Natalia September 23, 2009 at 18:53 #

I just wanted to write and say that I love your site! It’s always freshly updated and exclusive. Thanks for helping me become so well informed!

Also Emma looks perfect in that dress!

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 19:29 #

Natalia that was very sweet thank you.

I’m glad you are enjoying my site. :)

26. justme September 23, 2009 at 20:56 #

Emma’s make up is very zombie like and that dress wears her.

Freida looks great, unexpected accessories choice but it really works.

I think it’s the 1st time I’ve actually liked something Anna Wintour wore. I really like that dress.

And I’m gonna need Carine to start representing French folks better. She’s embarrassing us, walking around looking like a busted cat =/

27. Pez Globo September 23, 2009 at 21:37 #

love Emma dress. *_*

28. Ariel September 23, 2009 at 21:42 #

Emma looks ok.
    But Freida simply looks gorgeous & the color makes her glow.
    I love her shoesss & that dressss.

Any ideas where I can get a pair of look-a-like Rupert Sanderson Aspasia shoes Freida has on?
    Aldo?

& do you have any idea when the shoes for Jimmy Choo for H&M will start selling?

Thanks so much. :)

29. lucas September 24, 2009 at 00:04 #

Please! Please! Consider Frieda and Emma for Best Dressed Of The Week!!! They looked beyond perfection!!!!

30. Cheryl September 25, 2009 at 02:48 #