23.09.09

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010 presentation closed London Fashion Week last night as millions of people around the world watched the live stream.

The presentation was titled “Twisted Classics” which was apt considering nearly all of the pieces featured a twisted or ruched element.

Twisted trench coats, twisted shoulders, twisted dresses, braided bodice dresses, twisted skirts, twisted shirts and even the shoes had a twisted detail.

Apart from the twisted element, every single piece in this collection was paired with a belt.

The house is known for it’s trench coats and they were shorter, sassier, sexier and more colourful than ever before.

They were fitted, twisted, ruched and the shoulders were bolder. A few were also made from duchess silk satin which were just so beautiful.

The colour palette included fruity pastel pinks, blues, lavender and peppermint, plus nude and soft grey.

I had a lot of favourites, but Chanel Iman’s blue dress was so gorgeous against her skin.

The accessories in this collection were equally lust worthy. I remember a time when the Burberry check was considered chavy, but Christopher Bailey has made it cool again.

I loved this collection. It’s a very casual collection which can be dressed up or dressed down if desired. I expect to see many hot young things wearing this collection on the red carpet.

Front row to follow.

Credit: Style.com

Get The Look: Jessica Alba's Comic-Con Funky Modern Do

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Comic-Con Funky Modern Do

Burberry Prorsum's Spring 2010 Front Row

Burberry Prorsum’s Spring 2010 Front Row

10 Responses to Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010

1. Mimi September 23, 2009 at 12:30 #

Chanel Iman is just so beautiful, she would look great in a bin liner. I agree though that the blue dress was my favourite.

2. Ally September 23, 2009 at 12:39 #

Completely agree about the color of the dress Chanel Iman is wearing. It looks beautiful on me. Anyone as pale as me could never pull it off! I also really like the top on the look next to her. I could definitely see that on Emma Watson.

3. maria September 23, 2009 at 12:39 #

OH my GoD!! Beautiful, this is just beautiful!!
    I want that green dress!

4. COVERGIRLFOSHO September 23, 2009 at 15:25 #

I simply lub lub lub the mint green sleeveless trench ! Awsome!

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 15:42 #

so cute lub lub lub

5. nicole September 23, 2009 at 17:50 #

i loooooooveee this collection!!! classic burberry with a young fresh twisit

6. Laura September 23, 2009 at 22:20 #

The colors are lovely, but to my eye, most of the models look a little thick in these – which makes me wonder how they would look an a person who isn’t stick thin. The outfits are bulky.

And it may be good for the brand to go younger – but as 40 year old who usually can rely on Burberry for some inspiration, I don’t feel all this ruffly scrunchy stuff would look at all age appropriate on me.

7. deborah Barton September 24, 2009 at 03:14 #

You have got to be kidding! The mummy wrapped mini’s looked like bulky expertly wrapped diapers. Those ridiculous exaggerated shoulders made the models look like they had three heads. Did anyone look at their backsides with all that twisted fabric. Even a tiny bum looked ridiculous. I usually LOVE this line. The blue dress on Iman was the only thing of any value out of the entire collection.

8. laura September 27, 2009 at 04:03 #

oh myyy with chanel iman legs! :O

9. heather ♥ November 18, 2009 at 03:21 #