23.09.09

10th Annual New Yorkers For Children Fall Gala

Selita Ebanks, Vice Chair of the New Yorkers for Children Gala looked amazing wearing a J. Mendel Spring 2010 citron draped gown.

I tend to associate Victoria’s Secret models with bod-con mini dress, but Selita temporarily blows that stereotype out of the water.

The model wore Slane & Slane jewelry and carried a Nancy Gonzalez clutch to complete her BDOTW worthy look.

It’s been a while since we have seen Joy Bryant on the red carpet, but during her time-out one this hasn’t changed.

Her love for Missoni.

At this event she wore a leaf print Missoni Fall 2009 stone silk dress with bold multi-coloured leaf print.

This is the perfect transitional look for fall.

Hilary Rhoda sparkled wearing a sterling silver ombre paillette halter Naeem Khan Spring 2009 dress with very deep plunge.

Matching strappy sandals and clutch complete this sexy look.

I wasn’t at all crazy about this Cavlin Klein Resort 2010 blue/grey off-the-shoulder dress when I saw it on the runway, but Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann injects a bit of personality and body into the dress to make it much more appealing.

Alina Cho wears a purple Oscar de la Renta pleated duchess satin gown which was my favourite from the Fall 2009 collection.

I was going to say I prefer the runway belt, but she is wearing the runway belt. The lighting makes them appear different.

Ines Rivero wears the same zebra print Naeem Khan Resort 2009 gown which Eva Longoria wore to Roselyn Sanchez wedding.

Mary J Blige wore a rose strapless crepe Gucci gown with bow detailing on the hip.

I love this colour on her, but as always the tattoos turn me off.

Her look was paired with a black python Gucci clutch.

Tinsley Mortimer is wearing my favourite colour of at the moment – electric blue.

Her dress was paired with a pair of grey heels.

I wonder if they will become her new favourites.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Fashion East Spring 2010 Presentation

Runway To Fashion East Spring 2010 Presentation

Peter Pilotto Spring 2010

Peter Pilotto Spring 2010

14 Responses to 10th Annual New Yorkers For Children Fall Gala

1. Chiara September 23, 2009 at 20:06 #

I can only see the zebra dress. WoW!!!

I wonder why Joy Brant is not the face of Missoni yet… They should take her for the campaign :p

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2009 at 20:08 #

She’s long overdue a campaign.

2. mol September 23, 2009 at 20:12 #

Lots of drool worthy looks and colors here. My favorites are Joy Bryant in Missoni – just pretty pretty; and Hilary Rhoda’s radiant sexiness in Naeem Khan.

3. mm September 23, 2009 at 20:31 #

I am so glad Joy is not wearing that dry pony tail. She has actually done something to her hair. She looks so pretty! I love Mary’s look, not feeling the hair color. Tinsley ‘s look is my favorite, perfect!

4. justme September 23, 2009 at 20:47 #

Selita’s necklace wasn’t necessary imo but she looks great nonetheless. That color is just perfect with her skin.

Is Joy actually wearing makeup? Did she curl her hair too? Well I’ll be damned, miracles happen lol. She also looks lovely. That Missoni dress is pretty.

5. Linda September 23, 2009 at 21:28 #

WOW, Ines Riverso looks WAY better in that dress than Eva Longoria did.
    Joy Bryant is so pretty and soft with that dress and hair.
    Selita Ebanks wears a stand out gown befitting the vice chair of the event. Beautiful and BDOW worthy, but upon second look, I think I agree with justme about the neclace not being necessary.

6. Kou September 23, 2009 at 22:10 #

WOW! HOT DAMN @ Selita Ebanks. Top 10 of the year right there. Joy Bryant and Missoni is like Georgina Chapman and Louboutin and Angelina Jolie and black leather and peanut butter and jelly. Just a perfect fit.

7. Mimi September 24, 2009 at 00:05 #

Selita Ebanks looks fabulous. That colour against her skin is mind blowing. BDOTW for me. And I love her hair, and the matching necklace and bracelet.

Joy Bryant – so cute. Not many people could pull off this dress but she does. She looks beautiful.

Not keen on Hilary Rhoda’s dress. It looks like a sparkly sheet with a slit down the middle for her head, only someone slipped with the scissors.

Elettra, mmm, not good.

Alina Cho – never liked shiny, bright coloured materials. Looks like cheap nylon.

Ines Rivero – dress pattern is too busy.

Yes, those tats make Mary J Blige look a bit rough.

Don’t like the shape of Tinsley’s dress. Nice colour though.

8. Catherine September 24, 2009 at 03:26 #

Alina’s dress.. Jessica Biel wore that to the Vanity Fair after party at the Oscars didn’t she?
    Love that electric blue colour that Tinsley is wearing..just stunning!

9. Jules O'C September 24, 2009 at 09:45 #

that was the poetic touch my day needed
    that resort calvin klein number was one of the very few looks I actually liked and it is wonderful to see it off the runway
    but something is off – I just can’t quite say what
    thanks for the pics & have a nice day =)

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2009 at 10:56 #

you too sweetie. The sun is shining so I’m going take a long walk and enjoy our last few days of summer.

10. Lee September 25, 2009 at 10:57 #

Selita – the dress is exquisite and she looks breathtaking in it. Agree that the necklace was unnecessary though.

Joy Bryant – This girl always looks good but I can’t for the life of me figure out the excitement over her dress?? It’s just boring and looks like something my gran would wear. Boring, boring, boring.

Elettra – pretty.

Ines – I totally agree with Chiara. That dress is sensational!!! I vote this one for Dress of the Week. Think her hair should have been swept up though.

MJB – Boring.

Tinsley – stunning colour! Love the hot pink nails too :)

11. Lee September 25, 2009 at 11:00 #

Oh and Hilary Rhoda – what is it that she’s wearing??? An oversized sequined pillow sheet?? *confused expression*

12. Cheryl September 28, 2009 at 02:25 #

I think the belt on Cho’s outfit was better looking on the runway model because she was taller. Because the size of the belt remained the same, on Cho’s shorter height, it seem unflattering. Shame though, I love this colour. As for Selita, I adore this look on her. I’ve had it with “models” who don’t know how to dress themselves other than to wear skintight clothes, goddess hair and a pout. Hilary Rhoda should have pulled her hair back to let the dress shine. The dress seems a tad unflattering on her frame.