22.09.09

Vogue’s Fashion Week Dinner Party

This picture of Victoria Beckham and Naomi Campbell really warmed my heart.

Two of our greatest British exports are in London to celebrate all that is good and great about fashion at Vogue’s private dinner party in London last night.

Victoria was – of course – wearing a dress from her new Spring 2010 collection.

I’m glad to see she opted for one of the cute sassy fun pieces, rather then the pencil dresses, and of course I’m thrilled that it’s a colourful piece.

The designer wore her dress with grey YSL Trib Two’s.

Naomi wore a modified, more wearable version of the Alexander McQueen Resort 2010 dress which Drew Barrymore wore recently.

The Stella McCartney Resort 2010 collection will never become boring to me no matter how many pieces we see on celebs.

Natalia Vodianova stood alongside the creator of her ensemble wearing a gold embroidered jacket with a black embroidered dress which Stella McCartney wore to the Prada Congo Benefit earlier this year.

Stella opted for a sleek and sexy black coat dress paired with black heels.

I love what she’s done to her hair here, normally she has it pulled back.

Maybe this is her last chance to let her hair down before her much anticipated Spring 2010 show next month.

Agyness Deyn was also in attendance wearing a House of Holland Spring 2010 half black, half beige sleeveless leather tuxedo dress.

I know Agyness is one of fashion’s greatest chameleon, but I much prefer her as a blonde.

The supermodel wore her dress with heels from the same show.

Katie Grand posed alongside Victoria Beckham wearing a pretty pink Giles Spring 2008 strapless dress.

The dress with its voluminous skirt was decorated with laser cut floral details.

I love this dress.

Of course the Brit Pack were there.

Pixie Geldof has finally taken out those god awful extension.

Daisy Lowe wore a black two-tone dress, which is the theme of the night.

But Alexa Chung looked so so cute in her Luella Spring 2010 floral print dress with a heart-shape cut-out on the bodice.

Miley…THIS is the type of cute dress you should be wearing, but in saying that I would prefer it on Selena Gomez.

So proud to write about British fashion, everyone looked fabulous at this event. They could all be up for Best Dressed Of The Week minus Pixie and Daisy.

Credit: Style.com, Getty, Rex & Wireimage

Graeme Black Spring 2010

Graeme Black Spring 2010

Antonio Berardi Spring 2010

Antonio Berardi Spring 2010

17 Responses to Vogue’s Fashion Week Dinner Party

1. Ally September 22, 2009 at 12:41 #

I’m so glad that Drew wore the runway version of the McQueen before Naomi wore the modified one. The runway version is just so spectacular and Drew probably wouldn’t have wanted to wear it after seeing it on a supermodel!

2. shubby doo September 22, 2009 at 13:08 #

err…not loving the mcqueen dress on naomi at all…the statement is lost…well it is to me anyway…drew looked stunning last week in the runway version…

3. Hellwafashion September 22, 2009 at 13:32 #

Victoria looks great, I admit she’s a good creative director. can’t really bring myself to say ‘designer” but I’m sure it’s not far off ;-)
    Also preferred the runway version, but think Naomi still looks good.

4. Matt September 22, 2009 at 14:01 #

Victoria looks rough but her dress looks good. Looks like those YSL Trib Two’s are going to become a trademark like her hermes.

5. Mimi September 22, 2009 at 14:53 #

VB looks too thin, too shiny and too miserable. She really is the most joyless woman I’ve ever seen. And that dress is vile.

6. Jenna September 22, 2009 at 15:37 #

I am so excited to see VB wearing a dress that isn’t skin tight.

7. mol September 22, 2009 at 15:41 #

I love Victoria’s dress, and think that Naomi’s sleek shiny black hair really makes the graphic pattern of the dress pop. I’m also loving Stella with her hair down – she’s always perfection in my eyes! The Luella resort dress is so cute, just not fond of Alexa Chung.

8. nisha September 22, 2009 at 16:19 #

i just adore the picture of naomi and victoria they both look great..thanks for posting

9. Bego September 22, 2009 at 17:31 #

i LOVE natalia vodianova’s look! that jacket is amazing..!!

10. mm September 22, 2009 at 18:20 #

Katie Grand’s hair destorys the look. I love the dress also. she should’ve pulled that hair up and back. Victoria does nothing for that dress.

11. taitiana September 22, 2009 at 18:26 #

I liked drew barrymore’s way better, prob becuase im into way I called the golden days,(20,30s,40s,50s) and that dress had a inspiration from that era. Naomi cambell’s wasn’t ugly but it wasnt cute.

12. taitiana September 22, 2009 at 18:28 #

what does that back of that Alexander mcqueen dress look like, im dying to see it

13. taitiana September 22, 2009 at 18:31 #

not really liking the house of holland dress at all, it’s like corrella devil from 101 dalmations can wear it if there was another remake of the movie.

14. Lauren September 22, 2009 at 19:40 #

I must admit, I really like VB’s Spring 2010 collection. Maybe it’s because it’s so much more intersting than previous seasons and has a greater variety of styles. She seems to have finally realised there is more to fashion than black pencil dresses.

btw, in your commentry you wrote that Alexa is wearing a Spring 2010 dress, whereas on the picure it’s Resort 2010.

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2009 at 19:55 #

OOps thanks.

15. Vera September 23, 2009 at 00:37 #

what happened to Agyness? She’s not modeling anymore? I have not seen her on catwalk for a long time.

16. Pez Globo September 23, 2009 at 21:31 #

I think I’m in love with alexa in such a cute dress